And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought Sterling had a decent game, he just hasnt shown any performances for City like he produced for us. After the summer where Hodgson hung him out to dry the Lad is under a lot more scrutiny now.

The positions of city's fullbacks was a weird one, they seemed to be playing centre mid, I don't think they'll be able to play that way against the better sides.

This has been highlighted in a couple of there friendlys, I noticed at the end of last season LVG tried it too. Maybe a theory around overloading centre mid in a possession based philosophy?

D

Deleted member 1740

This has been highlighted in a couple of there friendlys, I noticed at the end of last season LVG tried it too. Maybe a theory around overloading centre mid in a possession based philosophy?

I get that but Sagna's and Clichy's best attributes are attacking down the flanks. It seemed a waste of those players.

D

Deleted member 18588

I get that but Sagna's and Clichy's best attributes are attacking down the flanks. It seemed a waste of those players.

Plus it relies upon the opposition not playing with width and your own wingers providing cover. All coaches these days seem obsessed with flooding the centre of the park

D

Deleted member 1740

Plus it relies upon the opposition not playing with width and your own wingers providing cover. All coaches these days seem obsessed with flooding the centre of the park

I hate it, get the ball in behind the defence and you've got a good chance of scoring. Passing the ball in front of a 6 man unit is easier to defend.

D

Deleted member 18588

I hate it, get the ball in behind the defence and you've got a good chance of scoring. Passing the ball in front of a 6 man unit is easier to defend.

Bang on!

Defenders are generally happy playing facing the ball. Few of them like playing side on or being turned.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Everton have a player in gueye. easily the best player in the first half.

Pity the rest of his team went into their shells second half.

D

Deleted member 16999

Are Arsenal suffering a lot of injuries, I knew they had a couple but that team doesn't look too strong, really don't need the noisey neighbours getting a winning start.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Arsenal have 4 (5 at a stretch) of their bext XI starting today, what a hideous way to start the season. No fit senior centre halfs, only summer singing doesnt start nor do those who played in Euros plus a few with injuries. Glass barely half full this year for me, hopefully be proved wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.