And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Will take that :whoo:

The issues are the ones we all know - LB and GK

But some great attacking play

Arsenal fans booing already - wonder what the odds are for Xhaka to be the first to be banned

D

Deleted member 18588

Well there's two teams that will entertain the neutrals this season but very unlikely to challenge for the title if that is typical of their defending.

Sorry Phil but it wasn't just the keeper and left-back. The centre-backs were still shaky and Clyne is terrific going forward but still dodgy defensively.

As for Arsenal their defensive problems were so great it was even making Cech look nervous.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm an Arsenal fan. There's no excuse to be starting the season with a defence in such a shambolic state and having not addressed the glaring holes in the squad. It's basically negligent.
day after day we hear about all our rivals making big signings, strengthening and the silence from Arsenal is deafening. I'm fed up to the back teeth of it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Formed my opinion purely on what I have seen of Holding in an Arsenal shirt pre-season.

I know it's early days but he doesn't look out of place. The way our injuries have gone he might even get a game on Subday against Liverpool. That will be a big test for him and it will be interesting to see how he copes.

At 20 he looks a very good prospect.

All the centre halves are crocked and the season not started.

But Holding is the best thing since sliced bread. Arsenal are rock solid with Holding in the back four. They're hardly likely to ship more than the odd goal at home with Holding in the line up...:whistle:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well there's two teams that will entertain the neutrals this season but very unlikely to challenge for the title if that is typical of their defending.

Sorry Phil but it wasn't just the keeper and left-back. The centre-backs were still shaky and Clyne is terrific going forward but still dodgy defensively.

As for Arsenal their defensive problems were so great it was even making Cech look nervous.

Good point. Cracking game for the armchair but both sides have clear issues defensively. Wonder if Klopp has adopted the old Keegan tactic from when Newcastle were title challengers, and simply going for the "we'll score one more than you" ethos

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After that performance by Moreno, I do wonder why we let Brad Smith go to Bournemouth, ok with a 2 yr buy back clause...but why let him go?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
What I expected. Tactically naive, no defence, lots of tippy tappy backwards stuff. A few moments of individual brilliance, but team wise, that was rubbish. I've never been so flat going into a new season.

Status
Not open for further replies.