And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

But he's showed very little for the majority of his time at Liverpool, barely making the starting 11.

I appreciate he had a good Euro, but playing well for a few weeks in an international tournament doesn't change my opinion of him.

I also appreciate that £13M is not a huge sum of money by modern player fees but I would rather it was spent on better quality. We only spent £18M on Imbula and much less on Bojan and several others who are, in my opinion , a better class of player.

Joe Allen showed last year a lot of times how decent a player he can be - he came on a number of times and changed the game for us and I think he should have started more games , he is a very good passer of the ball and does keep possession well - but suffered a bit with injuries and nonsense that Rodgers was spouting about him. I would prefer to see him stay because think Henderson will keep having issues with his toe but seems he is going with the youngsters which is why I think Allen is being allowed to go.

For 13mil you are getting an expirenced prem international midfielder who will go straight into your first 11 who would work well alongside Imbula and feeding the likes of Bojan

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
According to lfc's very own comparison app, he got one assist from his 19 games in the league. With two goals. His ability to pass backwards and side ways may be helpful for teams looking to retain the ball and play possession football.

But Stoke to my mind don't do that, they're not the long ball teams they once were, but are still direct. I think 13m isn't a bad price in this league. But hes not the right type for Stoke.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Wages.

The owners have proved they'll spend decent money on players but they won't pay the top wages. It's all pointing to a sale.

Surely with the new TV money you can compete with the likes of Dortmund when it comes to wages.
Upto now Klopp is signing the same calibre of player as Brenda was signing.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Joe Allen showed last year a lot of times how decent a player he can be - he came on a number of times and changed the game for us and I think he should have started more games , he is a very good passer of the ball and does keep possession well - but suffered a bit with injuries and nonsense that Rodgers was spouting about him. I would prefer to see him stay because think Henderson will keep having issues with his toe but seems he is going with the youngsters which is why I think Allen is being allowed to go.

For 13mil you are getting an expirenced prem international midfielder who will go straight into your first 11 who would work well alongside Imbula and feeding the likes of Bojan

How many of the games shown on sky/Bt did he come on & change?🤔

Just Bantz from 1 armchair fan to another Phil 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 1740

Surely with the new TV money you can compete with the likes of Dortmund when it comes to wages.
Upto now Klopp is signing the same calibre of player as Brenda was signing.

I think they can, but it goes against their business model. The wage bill is significantly lower than It was when they've bought us. The club is now worth around £1bn on recent figures, they've "invested" around £400m of their own money. If they sold up tomorrow they'd nett over £500m profit.

A high wage bill on a P&L sheet doesn't look good to potential buyers.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think they can, but it goes against their business model. The wage bill is significantly lower than It was when they've bought us. The club is now worth around £1bn on recent figures, they've "invested" around £400m of their own money. If they sold up tomorrow they'd nett over £500m profit.

A high wage bill on a P&L sheet doesn't look good to potential buyers.

£1bn or $1bn?
Surely every Prem clubs value as rocketed due to the tv money?

D

Deleted member 1740

£1bn or $1bn?
Surely every Prem clubs value as rocketed due to the tv money?

£1bn.

It's not just TV money. They've increased the sponsorship massively.

£20m plus just for going to USA pre season. All of this increased revenue yet we're still paying average wages.

D

Deleted member 15344

£1bn.

It's not just TV money. They've increased the sponsorship massively.

£20m plus just for going to USA pre season. All of this increased revenue yet we're still paying average wages.

Don't we have the 5th biggest wage bill in the prem not including the new signings this year ? And we still don't turn over a profit yet so whilst the club maybe "worth" more doesn't mean we can spend more than we earn.

Status
Not open for further replies.