And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My assessment of him deliberately excludes the Ramsey tackle, which , I agree, was mistimed rather than malicious.

However, it was also massively reckless and the Stoke fans continued baiting of Ramsey is, even by the standards of football supporters, pathetic and boorish.

If you believe him to be a "brilliant passer" and "very comfortable on the ball" we must clearly have massively different standards.

A more than adequate destroyer but not a brilliant player nor international standard.

Either we have very different standards or I watch him play week in week out?
Each to their own though I guess :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As much as they can get. Win win for Juve. Too much and they keep him for another year and sell him for £85m next year. Squeeze the pips nice and tight. In their shoes I would ask £100m and see what happens. Madness.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-doesnt-want-Ryan-Shawcross-Wales-squad.html

no didn't deny him anything at all.

This stuff happens mate, it's a contact sport.
Ramsey's leg was already planted when Ryan tackled him and any sort of contact moving at that speed was going to break it, he clearly had all eyes on the ball and was probably an inch over the top of the ball.

The lad was in absolute bits the moment it happened and couldn't be sorry enough.
The 1 thing that annoyed me most about Ramsey is he acted like it had never ever happened to anyone else and it was 'the worst thing that could happen on a pitch' despite incidents such as Marc-Vivien Foe and Fabrice Muamba.

sorry is Ramsey the Welsh manager now then, I didnt realise that

D

Deleted member 18588

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36844570.

Wow I think we shall be seeing quite a few five a side finishes. :lol:

Still OK to shove folk around at free kicks and diving though.

This is a welcome move but I agree that there needs to be a similarly tough attitude to shirt pulling and holding at corners and free-kicks as well as diving.

Strange that some who welcome this and say that it could lead to 10 v 9 are the same people who suggest that action cannot be taken on shirt pulling etc; as it could lead to too many red cards.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Chris Coleman declared interest in Shawcross but would only call him up at Ramsey's discretion.

If you read the article you would've seen that :thup:

Sounds like Colemans lack of balls to me, if hes manager and wants to pick a player pick him, or was Coleman actually not that fussed cos Shawcross isnt that good a player?

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sounds like Colemans lack of balls to me, if hes manager and wants to pick a player pick him, or was Coleman actually not that fussed cos Shawcross isnt that good a player?

or maybe he's fussed because other than Bale - Ramsey is the outstanding player they have in the team and he didn't want to upset him and unsettle him?

he's a better player than 2 of the CB's they took to the Euros so that argument is dead in the water.

D

Deleted member 15344

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36844570.

Wow I think we shall be seeing quite a few five a side finishes. :lol:

Still OK to shove folk around at free kicks and diving though.

Good to see but I will be more impressed if the refs follow it through

As for the other bits being talked about

Pogba - beast of a player , been brilliant in Serie A for a couple seasons now , a mix of Toure and Veira , would need to be a box to box type player, he can change games but not sure if he can carry a team - whilst I think he is a top player £100mil is a lot of money

Shawcross - a solid defender who is decent on the ball , believe he should have been given a decent run with England but think in the past season he has struggled against strikers with clever quick movement - someone like Greizman would have him in knots but would do well against someone like Giroud and Costa the more physical battle

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
My day is just getting better and better.

First fat Sam looks like becoming the next England manager and now Liverpool have accept a £13M bid, from Stoke, for Joe Allan.

Shoot me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.