And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
£25 mil for a bang average 28 year old championship player?

Woulda drove him to Leicester myself!

In all fairness he is a bit better than bang average championship level, scored 1 in 2 his last three seasons in there and 1 in 3 this season in the PL. Doesn't get injured either, think it really is a sign of the times.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In all fairness he is a bit better than bang average championship level, scored 1 in 2 his last three seasons in there and 1 in 3 this season in the PL. Doesn't get injured either, think it really is a sign of the times.

6 of his goals were penalties last season, for someone who missed so little games you're saying 9 isn't an average amount of goals for a striker?

I understand that Deeney is valuable as a whole to Watford but £25 million is a lot of money to turn down for someone of his calibre.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
6 of his goals were penalties last season, for someone who missed so little games you're saying 9 isn't an average amount of goals for a striker?

I understand that Deeney is valuable as a whole to Watford but £25 million is a lot of money to turn down for someone of his calibre.

Deeney also provided a fair number of assists last year. Penalties are a skill itself; just ask Berahino ;)

Would I pay £25m for him if I wasn't a fan? Unlikely.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
6 of his goals were penalties last season, for someone who missed so little games you're saying 9 isn't an average amount of goals for a striker?I understand that Deeney is valuable as a whole to Watford but £25 million is a lot of money to turn down for someone of his calibre.
Think its a case of Watford wanting to avoid the unknown, not really played him right up front this season either.

Just been looking at the penalty stats this season, it went totally over my head just how many Leicester got given

Leicester 13
Man City 8
Watford 7
Then there is a bunch on 5
Outliers on the low end are Arsenal & Liverpool only getting 2 each
Suppose one might also say he is a quality penalty taker and that in itself costs money

Last edited:

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Think its a case of Watford wanting to avoid the unknown, not really played him right up front this season either. Just been looking at the penalty stats this season, it went totally over my head just how many Leicester got given. Leicester 13Man City 8Watford 7Then there is a bunch on 5Outliers on the low end are Arsenal & Liverpool only getting 2 eachSuppose one might also say he is a quality penalty taker and that in itself has value

Danny Higginbotham was a fantastic penalty taker for us, wouldn't rate him at £25 million ;)

Ighalo I would have in a flash for that price but just couldn't fathom paying that much for Deeney!

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Danny Higginbotham was a fantastic penalty taker for us, wouldn't rate him at £25 million ;)

Ighalo I would have in a flash for that price but just couldn't fathom paying that much for Deeney!

Rumoured Chinese offer of £37.5m wasn't enough for Ighalo. I think that is more unbelievable that £25m for Deeney.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Rumoured Chinese offer of £37.5m wasn't enough for Ighalo. I think that is more unbelievable that £25m for Deeney.

Did that offer really happen?
Personally I don't believe it for one minute.
But I stand to be corrected.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Liverpool have signed a 30yr old Estonia international for £5m.
Finally the Klopp starts to attract the world class players 😂

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chinese clubs are offering mad money so I would not be surprised by any offer coming from there. Super rich people looking to show off their wealth with a new toy.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Steve Walsh off to Everton as Director of Football, a deal has been agreed in principle with Leicester!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Steve Walsh off to Everton as Director of Football, a deal has been agreed in principle with Leicester!

They say it's all about the players so if Steve Walsh works his magic at Everton they can expect to be a much improved team in the future.

Might even do a Leicester who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.