And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Chelsea building a decent looking squad for the season and I can see them being right up there for the title. Think they'll do well in CL as well

I was aware of the typo when I re-emerged after a doze to get the hangover sorted. Big, big night - me bad. HOWEVER I think top four next season and will then take the CL by storm the year after!

D

Deleted member 16999

On about made up just seen some season ticket figures got to be made up?

You 32500
Across the park 25000 that can't be right?

That's probably the amount sold to locals, the other 20,000+ they sell, will be to their fans from Scandinavia and Devon :rofl:

Without the ground increase they have 55% Season tickets, Everton are 73%

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

On about made up just seen some season ticket figures got to be made up?

You 32500
Across the park 25000 that can't be right?

Old news that la, they make more money on GA tickets than they do with ST's. Those glory hunters will travel from all over the land, Everton wouldn't know what glory is :whoo:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's probably the amount sold to locals, the other 20,000+ they sell, will be to their fans from Scandinavia and Devon :rofl:

Without the ground increase they have 55% Season tickets, Everton are 73%

Biggest myth going that there are more blues than reds in the city.:thup:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My cousin is a season ticket holder at Liverpool and he says every time someone near him gives up their ticket it gets bought by Thomas Cook. Joking apart there is a big market for bundled holiday packages including football matches involving certain clubs. Liverpool are one of those. The buyer goes to the match, spends a fortune in the club shop. Repeat for a different person every home match. More money for the club than a season ticket holder who buys his shirt, once, goes to the match, end of spending. Everton don't have that worldwide appeal.

I don't know if those season ticket figures are true or just ribbing but I understand why if they are true.

D

Deleted member 16999

They're correct as at March this year, that's why when they brag about their waiting list you should take it with a pinch of salt, they are near the bottom of clubs and % of season tickets allocated, I'm sure if everyone else dropped from the mid 70's% to their level, a lot of clubs woukd have waiting lists, as you say, the visitor is preffered to the local.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They're correct as at March this year, that's why when they brag about their waiting list you should take it with a pinch of salt, they are near the bottom of clubs and % of season tickets allocated, I'm sure if everyone else dropped from the mid 70's% to their level, a lot of clubs woukd have waiting lists, as you say, the visitor is preffered to the local.

Your right in some ways, but some clubs prefer to cap the number of season tickets available, so it shouldnt be used as a bench mark for attendance levels.

If Liverpool had a stadium of 75,000 they could sell out for 80% of weekend PL games. If Everton's held 50,000 they wouldnt, unless they drastically lowered the tickets.

D

Deleted member 16999

Your right in some ways, but some clubs prefer to cap the number of season tickets available, so it shouldnt be used as a bench mark for attendance levels.

If Liverpool had a stadium of 75,000 they could sell out for 80% of weekend PL games. If Everton's held 50,000 they wouldnt, unless they drastically lowered the tickets.

More than happy to accept you get bigger crowds, the point is, at whose cost, how are the other 20,000 sold?, your waiting list is closed and yet you only have 25,000 season tickets, that tells me the Club is greedy for the travelling fan, even if you's raised season tickets to by 5,000 they'd sell instantly, not really looking after the local community are they.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
More than happy to accept you get bigger crowds, the point is, at whose cost, how are the other 20,000 sold?, your waiting list is closed and yet you only have 25,000 season tickets, that tells me the Club is greedy for the travelling fan, even if you's raised season tickets to by 5,000 they'd sell instantly, not really looking after the local community are they.

Lots are sold to "members", which is the next level down from season ticket holders, supporters clubs, travel "partners" etc.

I wouldnt defend Liverpool fc that much in terms of ticketing policies, especially in comparison to Everton.

Here is a recent initiative, albeit brought on as a result of recommendations by the supporters club committees, spirit of Shankly pressure, as well as last years walkout:-

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/ann...e-ticket-initiatives-for-young-and-local-fans

One possible reason for the difference between Everton's and Liverpool's policies, is Liverpool dont have to, and Everton have to be somewhat more "creative" to fill their ground.:whoo:

D

Deleted member 16999

Lots are sold to "members", which is the next level down from season ticket holders, supporters clubs, travel "partners" etc.

I wouldnt defend Liverpool fc that much in terms of ticketing policies, especially in comparison to Everton.

Here is a recent initiative, albeit brought on as a result of recommendations by the supporters club committees, spirit of Shankly pressure, as well as last years walkout:-

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/ann...e-ticket-initiatives-for-young-and-local-fans

One possible reason for the difference between Everton's and Liverpool's policies, is Liverpool dont have to, and Everton have to be somewhat more "creative" to fill their ground.:whoo:

Glad to see they are working closely with fans groups, but, you have to ask why the need to do this? Have they been neglecting the locals over the years?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Glad to see they are working closely with fans groups, but, you have to ask why the need to do this? Have they been neglecting the locals over the years?

Probably various things, but due to the prices they charged they have priced out a lot of locals over the years, so initiatives like this are going the right way.

Its probably the same for Man U - a worldwide fanbase means that they can charge a premium for tickets (in the north), but doesnt help for lots of locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.