And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

My day is just getting better and better.

First fat Sam looks like becoming the next England manager and now Liverpool have accept a £13M bid, from Stoke, for Joe Allan.

Shoot me now.

Joe Allen has showed in the Euro's that he is a very good player - he was a big part of Wales getting as far as they did, actually thought that he did enough for Klopp to keep him - in modern day prices getting him for £13mil is a bargain and would be straight into your first team - that's a very good buy

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
is it only me who doesn't see the huge hype around him?

He's a good player no denying that but he didn't exactly set the euros alight?
although I think he's played in a more advanced role for Juve and not seen much of him there...

Based on that, Kane and Hart are Championship players ar best!
I would argue that NO player is worth £100M, but, if Joe Allen is worth £13M .......................

Last edited:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would argue that NO player is worth £100M, but, if Joe Allen is worth £13M .......................

The £100m price is all relative to income, saw an infographic last night and Pogba at that price in terms of income to % spend would be a cheaper % spend than JS Veron and Rio were.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
My day is just getting better and better.

First fat Sam looks like becoming the next England manager and now Liverpool have accept a £13M bid, from Stoke, for Joe Allan.

Shoot me now.

I'm surprised Brenda didn't try to re sign his love child.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36844570.

Wow I think we shall be seeing quite a few five a side finishes. :lol:

Still OK to shove folk around at free kicks and diving though.

Needed looking at so a positive move forward. I'd love the PL to take a lead on the holding at corners but not sure how much they can really do over above UEFA directives. That said, holding and pushing are both free kick offences so does it simply need the refs to actually give decisions on what they are seeing rather than it being six of one all the time

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I understand that one bad tournament doesn't make you a bad player.

Joe Allen for £13 million is a good deal compared to some flying around!

D

Deleted member 1740

Bid accepted of 25mil from Liverpool for Wijnaldum.

What do the Liverpool fans think of that?

I dont understand it. I'm not sure where his best position is for starters.

What do you think?

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

What do you think?

Probably the number 10 role but he played across the whole midfield over the season for us.

I'm over the moon with 25mil. When the going got tough he disappeared for us. He's a decent player when everything is going his way.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Joe Allen has showed in the Euro's that he is a very good player - he was a big part of Wales getting as far as they did, actually thought that he did enough for Klopp to keep him - in modern day prices getting him for £13mil is a bargain and would be straight into your first team - that's a very good buy

But he's showed very little for the majority of his time at Liverpool, barely making the starting 11.

I appreciate he had a good Euro, but playing well for a few weeks in an international tournament doesn't change my opinion of him.

I also appreciate that £13M is not a huge sum of money by modern player fees but I would rather it was spent on better quality. We only spent £18M on Imbula and much less on Bojan and several others who are, in my opinion , a better class of player.

D

Deleted member 1740

Probably the number 10 role but he played across the whole midfield over the season for us.

I'm over the moon with 25mil. When the going got tough he disappeared for us. He's a decent player when everything is going his way.

Great just what we need.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 1740

But he's showed very little for the majority of his time at Liverpool, barely making the starting 11.

I appreciate he had a good Euro, but playing well for a few weeks in an international tournament doesn't change my opinion of him.

I also appreciate that £13M is not a huge sum of money by modern player fees but I would rather it was spent on better quality. We only spent £18M on Imbula and much less on Bojan and several others who are, in my opinion , a better class of player.

When he came he started well then had an injury and never seemed to recover. Then Rodgers was playing pick the 11 bingo and just throwing people here, there and everywhere hoping they'd gel.

I'd say he's replacing Adam and I think he's a much better player than Adam.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
When he came he started well then had an injury and never seemed to recover. Then Rodgers was playing pick the 11 bingo and just throwing people here, there and everywhere hoping they'd gel.

I'd say he's replacing Adam and I think he's a much better player than Adam.

Like for like I'd probably agree but I don't rate Adam either :rofl:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

What do you think?

My son has a season ticket at Newcastle and his reaction was "dad, offer to drive him down". Maybe he will turn out to be a decent player in a good team but he was non existent for large parts of last year. Away games in particular he didn't show up. It will be interesting to see how he goes at Liverpool. I'm not sure who he is going to replace though as the attacking midfielder slot is pretty rammed at Anfield.

D

Deleted member 1740

My son has a season ticket at Newcastle and his reaction was "dad, offer to drive him down". Maybe he will turn out to be a decent player in a good team but he was non existent for large parts of last year. Away games in particular he didn't show up. It will be interesting to see how he goes at Liverpool. I'm not sure who he is going to replace though as the attacking midfielder slot is pretty rammed at Anfield.

Neither am I, though I do have a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.