And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1740

Don't we have the 5th biggest wage bill in the prem not including the new signings this year ? And we still don't turn over a profit yet so whilst the club maybe "worth" more doesn't mean we can spend more than we earn.

That maybe so, but when you've got x amount of players on 60-90k a week on loan whose wages you're subsidising its criminal.

We've been here before. The top players want top wages. The lesser players will accept £90k a week. That's were we are at right now.

I sense a sale sooner rather than later and Coutinho will be next out the door for a £40m profit.

Get rid of the expensive deadwood and start paying the top players the top money. Otherwise we'll stand still watching everybody else.

D

Deleted member 15344

That maybe so, but when you've got x amount of players on 60-90k a week on loan whose wages you're subsidising its criminal.

We've been here before. The top players want top wages. The lesser players will accept £90k a week. That's were we are at right now.

I sense a sale sooner rather than later and Coutinho will be next out the door for a £40m profit.

That's why those players aren't being sent on loan - instead the manager is trying to get them sold and off the books to allow other players to arrive

It's been confirmed that every player that has arrived is because of Klopp - it's who he wants regardless of cost or wages , his time at Dortmund wasn't full of big money big wage players top players - he went for who he wants and can work with and can play the way he wants. I'm just happy we have allowed the manager to go for who he wants as opposed to a committee. It's Klopps first chance to recruit and with the youngsters he is bringing in as well instead of sending on loan there is certainly a lot more to be optimistic about right now instead of being suspicious. We are a long way away from being able to attract the "top" players - think it's time we trusted our manager

Last edited by a moderator:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Probably the number 10 role but he played across the whole midfield over the season for us.

I'm over the moon with 25mil. When the going got tough he disappeared for us. He's a decent player when everything is going his way.

Think thats a microcosm of what I've read so far.

Great at home when things are going well, disappears when away etc.

Overall, I have liked him when I have seen him. Pacy, skilful, scores goals and a good engine......at least in the highlights. He is used to the PL and know more about him than Zielinski etc., so I'm quite happy.

You can add 30% on top of normal prices for last season with the extra tv money. Possibly can be a poor man's pogba, for 1/4 of the price.

D

Deleted member 1740

That's why those players aren't being sent on loan - instead the manager is trying to get them sold and off the books to allow other players to arrive

It's been confirmed that every player that has arrived is because of Klopp - it's who he wants regardless of cost or wages , his time at Dortmund wasn't full of big money big wage players top players - he went for who he wants and can work with and can play the way he wants. I'm just happy we have allowed the manager to go for who he wants as opposed to a committee. It's Klopps first chance to recruit and with the youngsters he is bringing in as well instead of sending on loan there is certainly a lot more to be optimistic about right now instead of being suspicious. We are a long way away from being able to attract the "top" players - think it's time we trusted our manager

If klopp wants every player that comes through the door this season then I'll be happy the manager is getting what he wants as opposed to being forced a Balotelli.

The question was why didn't we go for Gotze, my opinion is we don't offer the wages the other top clubs do. Could we afford it? Yes I think we could.

D

Deleted member 1740

Think thats a microcosm of what I've read so far.

Great at home when things are going well, disappears when away etc.

Overall, I have liked him when I have seen him. Pacy, skilful, scores goals and a good engine......at least in the highlights. He is used to the PL and know more about him than Zielinski etc., so I'm quite happy.

You can add 30% on top of normal prices for last season with the extra tv money. Possibly can be a poor man's pogba, for 1/4 of the price.

We don't need anymore passengers, we've got enough already.

D

Deleted member 16999

He had no choice at Dortmund initially, they were on the verge of going bust, Yes, he brought them success, but his policy after that didn't sustain them and they fell away.
Liverpool aren't in that situation, previous managers have been given money, it seems to me Stu is correct, and he should be trying to bring in at least 1 or 2 big names, otherwise it looks like a rebuilding job,
Great if he's given 3-4 years, but will the fans be happy with 1 or 2 mediocre seasons.

D

Deleted member 1740

Would you rather have Wijnaldum, or Zielinski?

Neither.

We need proper quality now. We've enough good players, that team needs quality in and around Coutinho if he doesn't get sold.

Benteke is a gonner, Balotelli as well.

We've got sturridge who can't be relied on all season, an inexperienced Origi and Danny ings. We need a goalscorer.

D

Deleted member 1740

He had no choice at Dortmund initially, they were on the verge of going bust, Yes, he brought them success, but his policy after that didn't sustain them and they fell away.
Liverpool aren't in that situation, previous managers have been given money, it seems to me Stu is correct, and he should be trying to bring in at least 1 or 2 big names, otherwise it looks like a rebuilding job,
Great if he's given 3-4 years, but will the fans be happy with 1 or 2 mediocre seasons.

It is a rebuilding job to some degree.

Klopp needs time, unless you're buying the top players he can't be expected to work miracles with good players.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Probably just paper talk but Cavani linked with Chelsea.

Chelsea have tabled an initial 41.5m bid but PSG want 66m, plus he's now the No1 front man with Ibrahimovic now gone, so he would take some prising away I think, unless Conte has that pulling power as a manager/coach?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Chelsea have tabled an initial 41.5m bid but PSG want 66m, plus he's now the No1 front man with Ibrahimovic now gone, so he would take some prising away I think, unless Conte has that pulling power as a manager/coach?
Can't see it happening tbh.
Still need another striker & get rid of Remy.

D

Deleted member 16999

It is a rebuilding job to some degree.

Klopp needs time, unless you're buying the top players he can't be expected to work miracles with good players.

Exactly, that's why I agreed with your point about the "bigger" signings, all new managers need time, some seem to get less than others though!

D

Deleted member 1740

Exactly, that's why I agreed with your point about the "bigger" signings, all new managers need time, some seem to get less than others though!

I said last year that he needs 3 seasons at least and I'm confident he'll get it right, I think most sensible supporters would agree.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
According to lfc's very own comparison app, he got one assist from his 19 games in the league. With two goals. His ability to pass backwards and side ways may be helpful for teams looking to retain the ball and play possession football.

But Stoke to my mind don't do that, they're not the long ball teams they once were, but are still direct. I think 13m isn't a bad price in this league. But hes not the right type for Stoke.

you definitely didn't watch us last year.

We're fantastic at having possession for the sake of it :mad:

D

Deleted member 16999

I said last year that he needs 3 seasons at least and I'm confident he'll get it right, I think most sensible supporters would agree.

Good luck finding the sensible ones, I haven't met one in over 50 years :rofl:
#sne #thisyearisouryear :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.