And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Where would you play Milner? Him and Henderson in cm would be depressing IMO.

And wouldbt want him at lb. hasn't he retired anyway?

He has retired, but he's only 30, one of those players that give 100% and can be used in a number of positions, started the season very well and is certainly imo worthy of still being selected.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I reckon Sturridge practices those dives, whilst in the air he deliberately places his foot against the defender into fooling the ref there's contact, which there is but it's cheating, and the annoying thing is he could probably go onto goal and beat that defender but his first choice is to dive😡

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is probably the poorest England side, in terms of quality of player, I've ever seen to be fair, a lot of very average players. Can't think of another time (maybe early 90's with Taylor?) they've looked so weak.

Still be enough to thump us right enough but expectations should be low looking at that side......

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Awful, Southgate has the job nailed on.
Sturridge his usual greedy, wasteful self, Walcott is just clueless where to make runs and look for the ball.
Someone point out a positive please cos I'm switching over to great train rides or summat 😂

D

Deleted member 16999

Very average at the moment, going for 1-0 England win, Rooney from the bench ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not convinced by this England team at all. Lingard not good enough, Walcott ineffectual and no one controlling the ball and making telling passes. Sturridge up front looks incapable of standing up let alone scoring. Think Rooney will be on after an hour if not sooner. This is not a good performance or good team

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
If Henderson gets any deeper he will be in goal,how the hell can you effect a game from there.

If you play with 2 wide players who the hell is looking to pick the pass to play them in,the one time Walcot was in he fluffed his lines.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Awful, Southgate has the job nailed on.
Sturridge his usual greedy, wasteful self, Walcott is just clueless where to make runs and look for the ball.
Someone point out a positive please cos I'm switching over to great train rides or summat 

Spot on regarding Sturridge and Walcott.
The only positives are that we're not losing and Rooney's not getting booed!

D

Deleted member 18588

He has retired, but he's only 30, one of those players that give 100% and can be used in a number of positions, started the season very well and is certainly imo worthy of still being selected.

Definite Jack of All Trades but, at international level, Master of None.

His effort can never be questioned but to select him now would be a completely retrograde step.

Watching this only confirms for me that the best players in the PL are foreign. Aguero, de Bruyne, Coutinho, Payet, Ozil. Any two of those would make a massive difference. Too many of our players are make weights and water-carriers in their club sides.

D

Deleted member 16999

Definite Jack of All Trades but, at international level, Master of None.

His effort can never be questioned but to select him now would be a completely retrograde step.

Watching this only confirms for me that the best players in the PL are foreign. Aguero, de Bruyne, Coutinho, Payet, Ozil. Any two of those would make a massive difference. Too many of our players are make weights and water-carriers in their club sides.

I'd be happy if this lot would put half of Milners effort in.

D

Deleted member 18588

I'd be happy if this lot would put half of Milners effort in.

It's not effort that is lacking, it's skill, technical ability, whatever you want to call it the English players don't have it.

D

Deleted member 16999

It's not effort that is lacking, it's skill, technical ability, whatever you want to call it the English players don't have it.

They have skill and technical ability, I don't doubt it, it's a lack of desire and belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.