And, we’re off.......2018/2019

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crap location for many reasons
Crap stadium in that crap location
Crap atmosphere due to both of the above
Crap game

Uefa and clubs sweeping everything under the carpet and lapping it up as the money rolls in

Really is a completely different sport now, Football 2.0 looks rubbish to me but suspect this will be the new normal soon enough

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sat watching this on YouTube. If UEFA think that the best advertisement for one of the most glamorous finals in world football is in an athletics stadium in one of the most corrupt country's in the world. Then European football is screwed. The stadium is half empty and the atmosphere is atrocious for a final. #corruptuefamefinks

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Has Fundy gone to Baku?

haha no chance Pat, glad too listening to some of the stories from those who have! my record at finals is retired at W1 L2 sadly

we started well but gone off the boil and let them into it more, need more from the middle of the park and Ozil (as per usual)

not sure how VAR decides no pen in 1/2 a second either

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
how many times does he need to catch him then so that its not a close call?

Wouldn't that depend on whether the contact was enough to bring the player down or impede him? The keeper could catch him 10 times but if none of those contacts were significant then it's not a penalty.

I'm not saying that is the case in this instance as I haven't seen the incident so have no idea. Mine is more a general point.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wouldn't that depend on whether the contact was enough to bring the player down or impede him? The keeper could catch him 10 times but if none of those contacts were significant then it's not a penalty.

I'm not saying that is the case in this instance as I haven't seen the incident so have no idea. Mine is more a general point.

It should do for sure, not sure it does anymore though does it?

As it happens i dont think it was a pen and Lacazette went down far too easily as he always does, theres plenty who would want it as a pen if it had been Kane, Salah, Hazard ;) Just amazed they didnt actually look at it properly considering how they usually utilise VAR

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
haha no chance Pat, glad too listening to some of the stories from those who have! my record at finals is retired at W1 L2 sadly

we started well but gone off the boil and let them into it more, need more from the middle of the park and Ozil (as per usual)

not sure how VAR decides no pen in 1/2 a second either

Re stories from fans, in what sense fundy. Hassle over there or hassle getting there.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It should do for sure, not sure it does anymore though does it?

As it happens i dont think it was a pen and Lacazette went down far too easily as he always does, theres plenty who would want it as a pen if it had been Kane, Salah, Hazard ;) Just amazed they didnt actually look at it properly considering how they usually utilise VAR
Think it’s because he brings him down with his head.
He goes down to easy for me, but there was contact so ?