And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Toon fans up here are going nuts over it, funny, they were moaning about Man City spending too much up until only recently, now they're over the moon they've potentially got a massive war chest :ROFLMAO:

The story would of been more interesting if his takeover of Liverpool last year had happened 😁

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
https://www.skysports.com/football/...agree-terms-to-buy-newcastle-from-mike-ashley

Will be interesting times ahead and I have heard the new owners want Benitez to stay. Trouble is will Ashley accept this time as there have been previous bids on the table only for them to collapse.
Previous bidders didn't have the cash. If they couldn't raise the amount then how could they invest in the team afterwards? Presumably money is not an issue this time so no reason for Ashley to pull out, unless he is stupid and tries to jack the price up last minute.

D

Deleted member 15344

Previous bidders didn't have the cash. If they couldn't raise the amount then how could they invest in the team afterwards? Presumably money is not an issue this time so no reason for Ashley to pull out, unless he is stupid and tries to jack the price up last minute.

A few reports suggesting that the person is not who says he is and doesn’t have the “fortune” believed , he didn’t even meet our owners last summer and a journo on Twitter has posted about it all not being all it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
BUT will there be a conflict of interest as they are related, cousins I think.Imagine City are up for the title and playing Newcastle last game of the season. Also does the money come from the same pot. Posted same time as Phil’s above. Hope they are not related

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few reports suggesting that the person is not who says he is and doesn’t have the “fortune” believed , he didn’t even meet our owners last summer and a journo on Twitter has posted about it all not being all it seems.

I saw that. It's a very different amount of money but you are quite right. The guy will have to show his money and pass the fit and proper person test. The Toon fans I know wont believe it until it is signed and sealed and the pictures are taken. Too many false dawns.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Quotes here saying the investors are genuine https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-Mike-Ashley-release-statement-Rafael-Benitez

I can see this is going to run and run and will it reach a point where Benitez has enough and walks away