And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Missis T rang me on the course Today and said Pep was going to Juve. Fair to say me head went. Got home she read it on Bet 365. Getting bogged off with the Pep rumours. He will go one day, but surely not halfway through a round of me golf.

Think that needs to go down more to your wife knowing when to ring you with not important news (ie nobody is in immediate danger) and when to tell you later

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Think that needs to go down more to your wife knowing when to ring you with not important news (ie nobody is in immediate danger) and when to tell you later

I can assure you I was in imminent danger, I thought I was gonna have a bloody heart attack.😖

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Missis T rang me on the course Today and said Pep was going to Juve. Fair to say me head went. Got home she read it on Bet 365. Getting bogged off with the Pep rumours. He will go one day, but surely not halfway through a round of me golf.
Get your priorities right the footys over for a bit!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not really surprising that Sane is going. Has been left out quite a bit by Pep this season and Pep has been visibly frustrated with him when he's been on the pitch. Doesn't seem willing to track runners or press the way Pep wants his attackers to.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not really surprising that Sane is going. Has been left out quite a bit by Pep this season and Pep has been visibly frustrated with him when he's been on the pitch. Doesn't seem willing to track runners or press the way Pep wants his attackers to.
If he wants to stay in the NW I'm sure we could find a space for him in blue :whistle:. Quality player and going to Bayern makes sense, particularly when Robben and Ribery have either retired, left or are at the end of their time.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
If he wants to stay in the NW I'm sure we could find a space for him in blue :whistle:. Quality player and going to Bayern makes sense, particularly when Robben and Ribery have either retired, left or are at the end of their time.

Haha yeah I'd definitely take him. Think he'd fit in at Bayern great, had success previously in the Bundesliga but did seem to go backwards this season as a City player, definitely seemed to have fallen out of favour with the manager.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sane to Bayern is the rumour.
Thoughts?
Quality player and would walk into any other team in the premier league imo.
Absolutely gifted player but it's becoming clear he has an attitude problem. I think it may be down to arrogance. This is why he was left out of their World Cup squad last summer, and I expect why Pep prefers the likes of B.Silva, Sterling etc. I think he expects to walk into the team, which is exactly why he'll be walking away from it.

That said, if he goes to Bayern he probably would walk into their team, and consequently his attitude won't be much of a problem there for a while.

Last edited:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dortmund have done some superb business already. Sold Pulisic to Chelsea and bought in Julian Brandt and Thorgan Hazard for less than they sold Pulisic for. Classic Dortmund.

D

Deleted member 15344

Dortmund have done some superb business already. Sold Pulisic to Chelsea and bought in Julian Brandt and Thorgan Hazard for less than they sold Pulisic for. Classic Dortmund.

Dortmund have got the better end of that deal by a country mile - shame Brandt didn’t want to leave Germany , quality player.

Not surprised Sane is looking to get out - seemed to have been very inconsistent this season but young quick and very skillful , would certainly take him at Liverpool as part of the squad but would have the same prob at ours - Bayern obvious fit with the players they have leaving.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolutely gifted player but it's becoming clear he has an attitude problem. I think it may be down to arrogance. This is why he was left of their World Cup squad last summer, and I expect why Pep prefers the likes of B.Silva, Sterling etc. I think he expects to walk into the team, which is exactly why he'll be walking away from it.

That said, if he goes to Bayern he probably would walk into their team, and consequently his attitude won't be much of a problem there for a while.

100%. I've screamed at the TV many times "get him off Pep" as he just doesn't work hard enough. If he's not careful he'll under achieve and not reach his full potential.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
100%. I've screamed at the TV many times "get him off Pep" as he just doesn't work hard enough. If he's not careful he'll under achieve and not reach his full potential.

Not all wingers are made for defensive duties. As had been said. Gone backwards under Pep (not many do). Personally think he'll flourish if he is played as a purely attacking player.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not all wingers are made for defensive duties. As had been said. Gone backwards under Pep (not many do). Personally think he'll flourish if he is played as a purely attacking player.
It is a bit like Ginola when he was playing. As his manager I would have said 'don't bother coming back, stay high and do whatever damage you can manage. Other players will look after their attackers'. I know managers like players to do everything but for some surely it is best to let them have freedom and do their damage. Most players are capable of defending, not many can run at people like Sane, Ginola etc

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It is a bit like Ginola when he was playing. As his manager I would have said 'don't bother coming back, stay high and do whatever damage you can manage. Other players will look after their attackers'. I know managers like players to do everything but for some surely it is best to let them have freedom and do their damage. Most players are capable of defending, not many can run at people like Sane, Ginola etc

I remember Ian Branfoot dropping Le Tissier as he didn't contribute enough to the team 😂😂😂

U

User62651

Don't think any top team can afford to carry a talented player these days and expect to compete over a league program, more of a team game than ever with such high levels of fitness required. I'd go with Guardiola and Klopp's philosophy that a team attacks and defends as a team. Ginola was gifted yes but often overweight and wouldn't get near Man City or Liverpool sides of today.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Sane to Bayern is the rumour.
Thoughts?
Quality player and would walk into any other team in the premier league imo.
Honestly i thought if bernado takes over from david silva in the middle and Sane on the wing. Lordy flippin lordy. But Sane has been on a strop for a few months. If he wants to go. Hey ho. But the fans loved him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The top teams expect more these days, they need the whole package. Players who are that good going forward but contribute nothing in defence don't tend to make it in the top sides, like Zaha for example.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't think any top team can afford to carry a talented player these days and expect to compete over a league program, more of a team game than ever with such high levels of fitness required. I'd go with Guardiola and Klopp's philosophy that a team attacks and defends as a team. Ginola was gifted yes but often overweight and wouldn't get near Man City or Liverpool sides of today.
He didn't get near the top teams then either to be fair, Spurs were very much mid-table or lower during his years with us.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The top teams expect more these days, they need the whole package. Players who are that good going forward but contribute nothing in defence don't tend to make it in the top sides, like Zaha for example.
I wouldn't disagree with what you are saying. I'm a romantic though and love watching players like that. I don't care if they don't defend, there are plenty of water carriers to do that job :D.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Trouble is with Sane, is at times he does not track back. Now if you playing with 4 3 3, if he don't track back for oppo wingers or full back you are leaving Zinchenko massively exposed. Pep has spent an age coaching world class players to play a system that everyone know. The possession of play is because the player with the ball expects someone to be " there" it's second nature. It's the same when the players don't have the ball, they are trained as a unit to battle for the ball and track back.