And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Possibly could be that they dont want the sideshow becoming the main story, and affecting their preparations.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but possibly the same as when we left Shaqiri behind instead of taking him to red Star belgrade earlier this season.:unsure:

But it’s now the big main talking point though - so if they wanted to make sure there was no affect it seems they have put it out to the mainstream media wasn’t the smartest move. He didn’t go there last time and there was no fanfare , same with Shaqiri not going to Belgrade.

When other athletes from Armenia are going there and the city has already hosted multiple major events - im not sure why wait until this hour for all this , and the Azerbaijan has said he is free to play there

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I see Mkhitaryan can’t play in the B Final because of political bollocks.

How the fudge can uefa have a final in a county which won’t allow players from certain counties in?

Set of morons

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
But it’s now the big main talking point though - so if they wanted to make sure there was no affect it seems they have put it out to the mainstream media wasn’t the smartest move. He didn’t go there last time and there was no fanfare , same with Shaqiri not going to Belgrade.

When other athletes from Armenia are going there and the city has already hosted multiple major events - im not sure why wait until this hour for all this , and the Azerbaijan has said he is free to play there

Difference for a qualifier compared to a final, and the story has been out there the last few weeks anyway. Its just that Arsenal have now confirmed it, so back of the papers whilst its the seasons lull, better than doing it 2 nights before.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I see Mkhitaryan can’t play in the B Final because of political bollocks.

How the fudge can uefa have a final in a county which won’t allow players from certain counties in?

Set of morons
He’s allowed in though isn’t he?

He’s just decided he doesn’t want to risk it?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It would be interesting to see what would happen if Messi, Ronaldo or another top player came out as gay before the 2022 World Cup in Qatar and refused to play there. Especially if the rest of the squad supported them and refused to go. I think it will take a major event like that before FIFA or UEFA actually take these things seriously.

Although given FIFA's track record they would probably fine whichever country refused to play and then award the next World Cup to Syria or Yemen.

Disclaimer - Just to avoid all doubt, I'm not suggesting either of the players named above is gay, but am just using them as examples as they are currently the best in the world.

D

Deleted member 15344

Seeing a lot of Pep to Juve rumours on Twitter this morning, a few people saying it's a done deal. Can't see it happening personally, but who knows.

Pep isn’t going to leave City - well certainly not this summer , will give it another crack at the CL next season ( if they aren’t banned ) - expect Juve will go for Inzahgi

The only issue could be the potential CL ban - i suspect it won’t happen this season but if it does happen then next summer he will go

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Missis T rang me on the course Today and said Pep was going to Juve. Fair to say me head went. Got home she read it on Bet 365. Getting bogged off with the Pep rumours. He will go one day, but surely not halfway through a round of me golf.