And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Cheers, more new silverware to go into the cabinet, our youth winning yet again another FA cup is hardly third rate imo, but hey ho, did you fit all those points that won you feck all into your cabinet 🤔😜😂😂

Enjoy your cheap likes as well 😉

Didn’t Liverpool win the Youth FA Cup this year ? 😉

Was there a different youth Cup Chelsea won this year ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Digraceful but Are you surprised from our press? Pep should've answered it then responded the way he did. As he's not answered it, he's leaving himself wide open imo.
He couldn’t of won! Regardless of which way he answered it.

Some of the media are now on a witch hunt for any scandal on City.

I’m not defending City and if they are proved to have done anything illegal then the owners should be done.

It wasn’t a press briefing on City or their season, it was the FA Cup Final post match interview. The reporter is a snide.

D

Deleted member 1740

He couldn’t of won! Regardless of which way he answered it.

Some of the media are now on a witch hunt for any scandal on City.

I’m not defending City and if they are proved to have done anything illegal then the owners should be done.

It wasn’t a press briefing on City or their season, it was the FA Cup Final post match interview. The reporter is a snide.

A response of "No, i've not " then say what he said would've stopped it there and then. He had a perfect oppurtunnity to deny it and make that journo look a cnut.

For clarity, i am not defending the actions of the journo.

D

Deleted member 1740

Cheers, more new silverware to go into the cabinet, our youth winning yet again another FA cup is hardly third rate imo, but hey ho, did you fit all those points that won you feck all into your cabinet 🤔😜😂😂

Enjoy your cheap likes as well 😉

Where would you rate youth football and womens football then if its not 3rd rate?

D

Deleted member 16999

A response of "No, i've not " then say what he said would've stopped it there and then. He had a perfect oppurtunnity to deny it and make that journo look a cnut.

For clarity, i am not defending the actions of the journo.
I think it was more he was shocked at the question and taken aback.

I’m fully aware you’re not defending the journo mate,(y)

Good to see you got another like though.:rolleyes:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Where would you rate youth football and womens football then if its not 3rd rate?

You don’t think winning the youth FA Cup is an achievement for the club as a whole, especially winning it 5 years on the bounce and 7/9 years and 9 in total.

I’m pretty sure if Liverpool were dominating it like Chelsea have over the past years we’d all be getting spoon fed about it from certain individuals!

The ‘club’ as a whole, like all football clubs has many strings to its bow for alternative commercial revenue streams, being successful across the board I think is crucial and important towards a successful business model, it obviously can’t match the recognition of the men’s game, but any decent business will have a solid foundation, and whether you follow it, accept it, or totally disregard it, the women’s game and youth games of a club play a part in that global commercial revenue which goes a long way to supporting the main (1st) team.

So why not applaud their successes, and I think when the mens, the women’s and the youth all won the FA Cup in a single season, it was a great achievement for the club, imo.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
You don’t think winning the youth FA Cup is an achievement for the club as a whole, especially winning it 5 years on the bounce and 7/9 years and 9 in total.

I’m pretty sure if Liverpool were dominating it like Chelsea have over the past years we’d all be getting spoon fed about it from certain individuals!

The ‘club’ as a whole, like all football clubs has many strings to its bow for alternative commercial revenue streams, being successful across the board I think is crucial and important towards a successful business model, it obviously can’t match the recognition of the men’s game, but any decent business will have a solid foundation, and whether you follow it, accept it, or totally disregard it, the women’s game and youth games of a club play a part in that global commercial revenue which goes a long way to supporting the main (1st) team.

So why not applaud their successes, and I think when the mens, the women’s and the youth all won the FA Cup in a single season, it was a great achievement for the club, imo.

Come on Robin. Do you really think from a commercial stand point either of those add anything? Nobody goes to watch you because of those minor wins. Your youth set up is a good financial set up and helps you turn a profit, but I’d say it contributes very little to the first team which is where let’s say 95% of your revenue comes from.

If my team had won the youth cup so many times I’d be disappointed that so few of these players make it through to the team. The club themselves barely respect the results, so why would outsiders?

D

Deleted member 15344

Is that the same domination of a competition using players that have been purchased “illegally” to the point that the club is now under a transfer ban for 12/18 months ?

I don’t think anyone would be going on about any youth success - it’s good for the youngsters to celebrate. Liverpool won it this year - great for the kids but certainly wouldn’t count it as success for the club or include it in any treble

The Chelsea youth model has been about recycling players - buying them , loaning them then selling them as opposed to any commercial success - the strength of that youth system is certainly going to be tested with the club unable to buy any players

As for the Ladies success - City , Liverpool , Arsenal and Chelsea have all had success over the past 10 years - great for the people who support those Ladies teams - but the commercial input to the main club ?! Next to nothing I suspect

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Is that the same domination of a competition using players that have been purchased “illegally” to the point that the club is now under a transfer ban for 12/18 months?

Thanks for that bit of slander and public libel, the club is still appealing the ‘accusation’ and still strenuously denies any wrong doing, but if you know for fact that’s not the case with your statement, then obviously your well informed far greater than those that do!

An appeal is also being pursued as every other ban that has then been appealed, a suspension has always been granted, but not for us!

The FA and PL are also appealing on our behalf, I’m confident they wouldn’t get involved supporting our appeal if they thought we were in the wrong!

D

Deleted member 15344

Thanks for that bit of slander and public libel, the club is still appealing the ‘accusation’ and still strenuously denies any wrong doing, but if you know for fact that’s not the case with your statement, then obviously your well informed far greater than those that do!
The club has been sanctioned due to transfers of youth players - it’s all over the media and you think it’s slander and public libel ?! 🤦‍♂️

Here is just a snippet of what’s been said

The ban is being imposed on Chelsea because the governing body found the club to be in breach of regulations relating to the international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18.

Specifically, the Blues were found to have breached article 19 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players in the case of 29 minors.

The club was also found to have breached article 18bis(which concerns third-party influence on clubs) in connection with two agreements that were reached concerning minors.

Charged and punshied , appealed and that was rejected.

So yep Chelsea won a few Youth FA Cups in a row - won using players purchased breaking regulations and those actions mean right now the club is under a transfer ban.

Edit - didn’t the FA appeal the fine they got and was rejected - don’t think I have seen anything that says the FA and Prem League are appealing on behalf of Chelsea ?

It’s also worth noting that whilst Chelsea looking to go to CAS they haven’t as yet asked for the transfer ban to be frozen

Last edited by a moderator:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The club has been sanctioned due to transfers of youth players - it’s all over the media and you think it’s slander and public libel ?! 🤦‍♂️

Here is just a snippet of what’s been said

The ban is being imposed on Chelsea because the governing body found the club to be in breach of regulations relating to the international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18.

Specifically, the Blues were found to have breached article 19 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players in the case of 29 minors.

The club was also found to have breached article 18bis(which concerns third-party influence on clubs) in connection with two agreements that were reached concerning minors.

Charged and punshied , appealed and that was rejected.

So yep Chelsea won a few Youth FA Cups in a row - won using players purchased breaking regulations and those actions mean right now the club is under a transfer ban.

I’m aware like everyone what we’ve been accused of, and strongly deny it.

So those alleged players which the club is still appealing that no wrong doing took place have figured in the youth FA Cups have they, can you name them for me please to substantiate that statement and allegation.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site

I live down the road from the training ground, and know how much investment has been made into the youth setup at Chelsea.

For it to have produced RLC and Christensen for your first team in 15 years is absolutely criminal.

Absolutely irrelevant how many youth trophies you win by buying foreign teenagers in at 13 when none of them ever make an impact on the first team. A serious overhaul is needed of your whole system.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m aware like everyone what we’ve been accused of, and strongly deny it.

So those alleged players which the club is still appealing that no wrong doing took place have figured in the youth FA Cups have they, can you name them for me please to substantiate that statement and allegation.

29 players were reported to have been purchased breaking regulations - 40 players combined in the u18 and u23 squads - the maths point to some of those 29 will be in the u18 squad which competes in the FA Youth Cup which Chelsea won a number of times.

Your youth system is used to make money by buying cheap , loaning and selling on - I have no doubt the youth facilities at Chelsea are first class - but they don’t seem to be a pathway through the first team - RLC seems to be the only one over the past decade who has come right through and even then it was a struggle. CHO is one who should be but he is looking to leave because of that pathway

Fish

Banned
Visit site
29 players were reported to have been purchased breaking regulations - 40 players combined in the u18 and u23 squads - the maths point to some of those 29 will be in the u18 squad which competes in the FA Youth Cup which Chelsea won a number of times.

Your youth system is used to make money by buying cheap , loaning and selling on - I have no doubt the youth facilities at Chelsea are first class - but they don’t seem to be a pathway through the first team - RLC seems to be the only one over the past decade who has come right through and even then it was a struggle. CHO is one who should be but he is looking to leave because of that pathway

So you can’t name them to substantiate your allegation, it’s pure speculation based ‘on the maths’.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a football fan I am sad to see Kompany leaving City and feel he has been a dominant force in the PL. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48327172

What a sign off with that screamer the other week and then playing in a dominant cup final side. Interesting that he has opted to be a player manager https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48325845 and wonder how he'll combine the two roles. I would have thought as a first managerial role he'd want to commit all his time to that side of things. I am old enough to remember when Anderlecht were a force in Europe and while the Belgium league isn't the strongest it would be good to see them competing for the title again

D

Deleted member 1740

Its good progress for the youth but if they dont get a chance in the 1st team it means diddly squat.

i doubt Abramovich is thinking " We finished 28pts behind the winners, but its ok the youth and womens teams have won their respective cups".

I'd be too embarrassed to mention it if the 1st team had finished 28pts behind the winners 😁

I don't think any potential sponsors would look at the youth/womens cup success as a reason to invest into Chelsea.

I have applauded them, i just dont think its as great acheivement as you think.

Seeing as i've answered your question, where would you rate that cup treble?

Last edited by a moderator: