And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

That’s the domestic season done, congratulations to City on a fantastic treble, already looking forward to next season.
Hope the EL Final is a cracker, may the best team win.

CL Final, I hope LPool annihilate Spurs and win the trophy for a 6th time.

Edit: Congratulations to Wolves on getting into the EL.

Last edited by a moderator:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A dominant performance and a great hat-trick by Sterling who has definitely come into some form and I'd love him to take that into an England shirt this summer and really become one of the best international strikers around. Few Villa fans at the club so some great banter today at the club but not as much as the Leeds fans got but they took it well and gave it back too which was good. I think Villa will edge a tight game but looking at the three sides going up (and you can include Derby in case for once I'm wrong) does anyone think any of them will stay up?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
its not about cost alone, there one flight to baku a week, an airport that cant handle an influx of foreign fans, fans are being turned down for the visa required to watch. arsenal arent going to sell out 6,000 tickets despite having 45,000 season ticket holders

Informed earlier that Arsenal have sold 3k and Chelsea 2.5k to date with a huge slowdown now, lots being turned down via the online visa application for no good reason!

Many are worried that they could shell out a lot of money and not get to the ground, the whole infrastructure is a joke, the view is it’s going to meltdown when everyone tries to arrive at the same time, but if you read this, you start to understand why it’s being held there, but clearly shouldn’t be 😡

https://shewore.com/2019/05/17/euro...-azerbaijans-corruption-human-right-breaches/

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Informed earlier that Arsenal have sold 3k and Chelsea 2.5k to date with a huge slowdown now, lots being turned down via the online visa application for no good reason!

Many are worried that they could shell out a lot of money and not get to the ground, the whole infrastructure is a joke, the view is it’s going to meltdown when everyone tries to arrive at the same time, but if you read this, you start to understand why it’s being held there, but clearly shouldn’t be 😡

https://shewore.com/2019/05/17/euro...-azerbaijans-corruption-human-right-breaches/

yeah i read that earlier, pretty damning if all true

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Just read this and I think UEFA will fit in there perfectly.
They should move their head office there.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
yeah i read that earlier, pretty damning if all true

For me there’s far too much information for it not to be, especially quoting and linking to governing bodies and human rights bodies, so, what about the risk to Arsenal as a club and fans due to your captains nationality, even if he doesn’t travel or play, you can’t hold an international game and especially a final in a country that exercises such humanitarian atrocities where players or anyone associated to a team could be at risk, it’s once again shown how corrupt EUFA is, and unfortunately any other sporting body that has held an event there by taking the money and ignoring the humanitarian issues associated to the country.

D

Deleted member 15344

For me there’s far too much information for it not to be, especially quoting and linking to governing bodies and human rights bodies, so, what about the risk to Arsenal as a club and fans due to your captains nationality, even if he doesn’t travel or play, you can’t hold an international game and especially a final in a country that exercises such humanitarian atrocities where players or anyone associated to a team could be at risk, it’s once again shown how corrupt EUFA is, and unfortunately any other sporting body that has held an event there by taking the money and ignoring the humanitarian issues associated to the country.

Azerbaijan certainly has issues - but then so have Turkey ( hosted one CL final and another to come ) , Russia ( hosted a CL final plus WC ) and Ukraine ( hosted a CL final ) - I suspect could look at corruption issues within many of the countries hosting sporting events - we even have owners of Prem Clubs with suspect history’s.

The biggest issue/problem is UEFA not bothering to look at helping fans get to these events - yes host finals in Baku or Kiev or Warsaw etc etc but UEFA need to get involved with the local authorities to ensure the fans can get there and can get there safely.

And then someone needs to step in to regulate the travel companies as well.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Azerbaijan certainly has issues - but then so have Turkey ( hosted one CL final and another to come ) , Russia ( hosted a CL final plus WC ) and Ukraine ( hosted a CL final ) - I suspect could look at corruption issues within many of the countries hosting sporting events - we even have owners of Prem Clubs with suspect history’s.

The biggest issue/problem is UEFA not bothering to look at helping fans get to these events - yes host finals in Baku or Kiev or Warsaw etc etc but UEFA need to get involved with the local authorities to ensure the fans can get there and can get there safely.

And then someone needs to step in to regulate the travel companies as well.
Yes all of this ,
But the main problem is UEFA.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes all of this ,
But the main problem is UEFA.

The same UEFA who enable the club to also get millions and millions - every single sporting body is the same , trying to get as much money as possible , get the massive sponsorship in , trying to keep the big clubs in the CL to keep the money rolling in. Been that way for years and beyond a few individuals getting done over those years nothing is going to change - clubs aren’t going to do anything about it because they enjoy that money that they get from UEFA

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

can we have that as our excuse if we lose :) still think they should have it at the toilet bowl with 40k fans from each

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The same UEFA who enable the club to also get millions and millions - every single sporting body is the same , trying to get as much money as possible , get the massive sponsorship in , trying to keep the big clubs in the CL to keep the money rolling in. Been that way for years and beyond a few individuals getting done over those years nothing is going to change - clubs aren’t going to do anything about it because they enjoy that money that they get from UEFA
And so when the CL dies on its arse because fans begin to wake up to the fact that trekking to remote destinations is too expensive and TV audiences see half empty stands the brand will be tarnished. What then? Does the money from sponsors diminish? Do those in power get ousted?

D

Deleted member 1740

And so when the CL dies on its arse because fans begin to wake up to the fact that trekking to remote destinations is too expensive and TV audiences see half empty stands the brand will be tarnished. What then? Does the money from sponsors diminish? Do those in power get ousted?

Wishful thinking Homer, whilst the CL has got the worlds best players on show every fortnight there won’t be empty stadiums. Granted it may not be full of regular match going fans but tourists and locals of that countries host city will fill it.

I think the CL is going down the road of Super Bowl, pricing regular fans out of going.

Trekking to remote countries is probably more fun than the actual game at times!!