And, we’re off.......2018/2019

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well, Arsenal are struggling to sell their 6k allocation due to the difficulties of getting there. From what I hear, Chelsea fans similar. So a 60k seat stadium, with way less than 12k fans of the clubs involved. Not good.

Apparently Baku is lovely, and the Stadium is nice and new.

But the airport infrastructure can only cope with 15k arrivals every day.

Hmm.

Not enough. Even if coming in from different airports. Makes no odds if both teams are from London, or wherever. No capacity. None.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, Arsenal are struggling to sell their 6k allocation due to the difficulties of getting there. From what I hear, Chelsea fans similar. So a 60k seat stadium, with way less than 12k fans of the clubs involved. Not good.

Hmm.

Not enough. Even if coming in from different airports. Makes no odds if both teams are from London, or wherever. No capacity. None.

Most of the guys I know who have been everywhere in Europe last 20 years just arent bothering, been a few turned down for VISAs too on all accounts. Just awful and shows where Uefas priorities are

D

Deleted member 15344

Baku is also hosting Euro 2020 games as well - so will be interesting to see what happens there and which countries play there. I don’t have a problem with UEFA making sure every country has a chance to host the final - it shouldn’t be a closed shop BUT if they do get the final then it’s got to be accessible for all , and it’s got to be somewhere where everyone feels safe to go. The fact players are possibly not going to play in a final due to political issues and fears for safety for me should straight away show the venue is not right.

By all accounts the place is supposed to stunning and a brilliant place to go to - just shame it’s a Mare to get there

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Hmm.

I think it’s a scary soft target as well, and quite easy for baddies to access, but that’s a whole different angle!

I know quite a few that are doing detour route.

£350+ flights to Tbilisi with Lufthansa then get a minibus or coach or train to Baku from there - minbus/coach/taxi takes around 7-9 hours and train takes 13+ but if theres a few of you its cheaper but you can probably do it for £20 each way. Look on kayak.co.uk.

Some are going out via Stansted to Izmir and then Izmir to Ankara and then on to Baku. That’s a ball ache by all accounts but it’s cheap, then Tbilisi to Kiev and Gatwick for the return.

Footy fans always find weird cheap alternative routes, usually long and painful but with the right company, feckin hilarious.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Most of the guys I know who have been everywhere in Europe last 20 years just arent bothering, been a few turned down for VISAs too on all accounts. Just awful and shows where Uefas priorities are

The online Visa application is terrible by all accounts.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/ruben-loftuscheek-to-undergo-surgery-on-ruptured-achilles-chelsea-confirm-a4144366.html?amp

Why the heck would you be playing a friendly and playing key players before your final ?! Seems madness and feel sorry for the player

Money is oviously more important to the club than success, my love for this club is rapidly going downhill, if it wasn’t for the lifetime friendships that I’ve formed from years gone by and enjoy meeting up with all the old school, unfortunately mainly at funerals, I’d bin it all together.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Money is oviously more important to the club than success, my love for this club is rapidly going downhill, if it wasn’t for the lifetime friendships that I’ve formed from years gone by and enjoy meeting up with all the old school, unfortunately mainly at funerals, I’d bin it all together.

With Sarri at the helm maybe you should 😜

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A pal sent me photos of citys busses taking the fans to the game. ( wont upload file to big).I forgot the players had paid for them. The players name is on top of the widescreens.
Knowing my luck i would be on Mendys. , Broke down again whilst warming up.