And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ageurooooooooooooooo - still sends shivers down my spine.

Never got tickets for that game, watched it in Mary Dee's. With about 1,000 others. It went mental. Next title a pal gave me his daughters ticket " if I would pay the £38 upgrade" . Oh bless ya. 2-0 v West Ham. Third one, I had a season ticket. Thing is, if City get to a champs league final, there's no chance of me getting one. Same as the FA cup final, tickets are like rocking horse poo. Aguerooooooo, it is one of those history moments we don't have. 😉

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never got tickets for that game, watched it in Mary Dee's. With about 1,000 others. It went mental. Next title a pal gave me his daughters ticket " if I would pay the £38 upgrade" . Oh bless ya. 2-0 v West Ham. Third one, I had a season ticket. Thing is, if City get to a champs league final, there's no chance of me getting one. Same as the FA cup final, tickets are like rocking horse poo. Aguerooooooo, it is one of those history moments we don't have. 😉

I was playing golf! Important foursomes match and couldn't get out of it. Secretly kept checking my phone and all but sat and cried on the 10th tee. Then I started getting texts from friends and family congratulating me (like I'd done something!). To be honest I don't think I could have been able to bear watching it...typical bloody City!

Tashyboy

Visit site
I was playing golf! Important foursomes match and couldn't get out of it. Secretly kept checking my phone and all but sat and cried on the 10th tee. Then I started getting texts from friends and family congratulating me (like I'd done something!). To be honest I don't think I could have been able to bear watching it...typical bloody City!
When City went 2-1 down me brother left the pub and went back to the car crying, I met him outside an off licence an hour after the game was finished. He was leathered. He had the biggest flag I had ever seen. Happy happy days.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Dosnt matter where the money comes from it’s all about making more.
Just look at the ticket prices for the finals and one venue.(Baku )
Fans can’t get there!
The match going fans are a second thought.

Sssssh, what you are saying is part of my grief with UEFA/FFP. After the FA cup am having a rant.👍

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sssssh, what you are saying is part of my grief with UEFA/FFP. After the FA cup am having a rant.👍
If ever there was a case for boycotting a game then the Baku one is it.
There was no thought about the fans at all.
But match going fans will do everything to get there and EUFA know that.
They could play at Wembley or Spurs new ground ,Stadium de France, Barca at least you can get there with little difficulty, think of all that Carbon footprint going to the other side of Europe.
There should always be a back up venue just for cases like this.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are we moaning about the EL final in Baku just because its got 2 English clubs in it, or would we fight the same arguement if it were a German and Russian team playing it?
Whilst it isn't the best place for 2 English teams, the venue was chosen 2 years ago and if anyone could have known it would be thus...can I have the lottery tickets numbers for 2 years time please (I promise to share it with you;) )

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are we moaning about the EL final in Baku just because its got 2 English clubs in it, or would we fight the same arguement if it were a German and Russian team playing it?
Whilst it isn't the best place for 2 English teams, the venue was chosen 2 years ago and if anyone could have known it would be thus...can I have the lottery tickets numbers for 2 years time please (I promise to share it with you;) )

I agree that it should be shared around, but real out of the way places need to make sure that there are enough hotels / accomodation / flights in and out for that week, and at an affordable cost for most.

They should set up a website for locals to voluntarily host incoming fans, set up a tented village and have enough airstrips / landing slots for the extra flights coming in from the countries of participation.

Kiev (the city) did none of this, although their general public did "free couch Kiev" as a facebook page and this helped thousands of fans from Liverpool and Real.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Am sure German and Russian fans would be saying what we are.

D

Deleted member 15344

My post was the fans not the club.
How would it look for EUFA with an empty stadium.
It’s not going to be an empty stadium is it though even if Arsenal and Chelsea boycott it

The issue isn’t where they host events it’s what they do to help the fans out getting there or staying there etc - as well as travel companies milking the fans

All this stuff has been going on for years and they have to spread it around .

But it is amusing fans of City complaining about UEFA etc when UEFA and the CL are a big reason why they are successful - the CL give teams the exposure and huge sponsorship which helps bring in the massive money and kudos. Money is key in the game now , it’s not great but it’s been that way for over 20 years, if a team wants sustained success then the CL is a massive part of that and the riches it brings.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sadly the fans are the very bottom of the pecking order and all the clubs are worried about is winning the competition (especially Arsenal for CL qualification) and the prize money. As Arsenal demonstrated with the sustained period of CL qualification, getting in and getting as far as the knock out stages can be a lucrative pipeline.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I doubt the European University Film Award team pay much attention to football being played under the governance of UEFA.
Won’t bother you this season will it .
You will be able to watch a film.
Or spend some more time looking for spelling mistakes.
You got nothing to do?

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s not going to be an empty stadium is it though even if Arsenal and Chelsea boycott it

The issue isn’t where they host events it’s what they do to help the fans out getting there or staying there etc - as well as travel companies milking the fans

All this stuff has been going on for years and they have to spread it around .

But it is amusing fans of City complaining about UEFA etc when UEFA and the CL are a big reason why they are successful - the CL give teams the exposure and huge sponsorship which helps bring in the massive money and kudos. Money is key in the game now , it’s not great but it’s been that way for over 20 years, if a team wants sustained success then the CL is a massive part of that and the riches it brings.
It would be interesting to see just how many turn up if fans never bothered.
But that won’t happen and EUFA know so not bothered.
But they have known for two years so this lack of infrastructure should have been sorted.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Won’t bother you this season will it .
You will be able to watch a film.
Or spend some more time looking for spelling mistakes.
You got nothing to do?

We did ok this season tbh. Next season won’t be so good because the Europa League is terrible. Thanks for asking. Appreciated!!!