And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Me re Acadamys, I can see both sides of the arguement. Yes it would be excellent to see some of the Acadamy players getting into the first team. Isn't that the point of having an Acadamy. It was in the past. Football now is a business and that business needs to make a profit. City are doing quite well out of there Acadamy and I suspect Chelsea are as well. In the case of City, Chelsea, Liverpool. They need to be nigh on world class, some are and some get away. Some Acadamy players may not get into the clubs first team but do go on to play elsewhere. But by and large from a business point of view, if Acadamys are making money I don't think there doing to bad.

D

Deleted member 16999

Last year was the invincibles parade.
This year its the Fourmidables parade. Proper cheesy. Anyway Mr and Missis Tash are enjoying it in the sunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. 😁
Are you actually there and not sat on the couch at home? ;)

Asking for a friend. :sick:

Tashyboy

Visit site
😂
That’s not proof, I’ve just googled Cateaton Street and there’s one in London. :unsure:

Have a great day me man. (y)
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Its on tomorrow for golf tricky trevs a manc red. 👍

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just got back and what a fantastic day' although i wouldn't let Manchester city council run a bladder session in a brewery. Vinnie got the send off he deserved. City fans picked B Silva as player of the year which I thought he was, but the players awards are done two months to early.
Me first bus tour and I hope it's not the last.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got back and what a fantastic day' although i wouldn't let Manchester city council run a bladder session in a brewery. Vinnie got the send off he deserved. City fans picked B Silva as player of the year which I thought he was, but the players awards are done two months to early.
Me first bus tour and I hope it's not the last.

I'm glad you enjoyed it because you'll probably not get that opportunity again .......................... well, not for at least another year! (y)

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Honestly disappointed in Arsenal as well. Meant to be a club of strong values. They're just going to leave one of their players behind and issue a statement that they are "very disappointed"?

The club should take a stand, it would mean more than winning the trophy anyway.

D

Deleted member 15344

With the Mkhitaryan situation I'd rather see Arsenal boycott the Europa League Final. Imagine if it were Messi or Ronaldo, would UEFA allow this? Don't think so...

I just read an article about the situation between the two countries who have no diplomatic relationship etc but in 2015 20 plus Armenian Athletes attended and competed in the European Games in Baku - they got booed etc but no incidents at all. Baku and indeed Azerbaijan are trying to improve their chances of hosting these type of events and will no doubt ensure there will be no incidents to the best of their ability. So if Athletes can go there to compete in multi disciplines why can’t one footballer ?

Arsenal knew the final was going to be in Baku at the start - they have already played in Azerbaijan once and Mk stayed behind - seems all a bit flakey from the club

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I just read an article about the situation between the two countries who have no diplomatic relationship etc but in 2015 20 plus Armenian Athletes attended and competed in the European Games in Baku - they got booed etc but no incidents at all. Baku and indeed Azerbaijan are trying to improve their chances of hosting these type of events and will no doubt ensure there will be no incidents to the best of their ability. So if Athletes can go there to compete in multi disciplines why can’t one footballer ?

Arsenal knew the final was going to be in Baku at the start - they have already played in Azerbaijan once and Mk stayed behind - seems all a bit flakey from the club

How do you guarantee the safety of the team, the team bus, the spectators, etc? You can't. If he goes, it will become a political issue, what ever he, or the Azerbaijan gov. Say. It only takesbone idiot.

Arsenal can't not go. It is not even about the trophy, it is about acheiving CL footy, and the 60m this brings in. Money they need for the transfer market.

Sure, make a stand, and get toasted by the fans when the transfer window is less than exciting.

D

Deleted member 15344

How do you guarantee the safety of the team, the team bus, the spectators, etc? You can't. If he goes, it will become a political issue, what ever he, or the Azerbaijan gov. Say. It only takesbone idiot.

Arsenal can't not go. It is not even about the trophy, it is about acheiving CL footy, and the 60m this brings in. Money they need for the transfer market.

Sure, make a stand, and get toasted by the fans when the transfer window is less than exciting.
Again - 4 years ago 20 odd athletes from Armenia went to Azerbaijan to compete in the European Games - they had no incidents beyond being booed. Armenian sportsman and ladies have been to Azerbaijan to compete already - so if they could go there?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Possibly could be that they dont want the sideshow becoming the main story, and affecting their preparations.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but possibly the same as when we left Shaqiri behind instead of taking him to red Star belgrade earlier this season.:unsure: