And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It does depend on if they can hold onto their players for sure but same with every club

Wolves have to sign Jimenez but half the league will be after him now , they don’t have first dibs
Yeah, they already did that. I think Wolves have a bit more financial clout than Leicester but I could be wrong.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, they already did that. I think Wolves have a bit more financial clout than Leicester but I could be wrong.

must have missed them signing him. shame would have loved to have gone for him lol

Not just about financial clout though. Leicester have been a prem team longer and are settled.. (even won the thing) and have rodgers in whos proven to be a decent manager for them so far.

wolves whilst looking good will suffer from a bit of second season syndrome

I was surprised we finished just 5 points off them.. I thought would have been triple that..

Wolf

Visit site
See Houghtons out at Brighton today then, done a decent job all things considered but God they play woeful football perhaps they're e looking for that bit more now but will need investment

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Hughton deserved the chance to start the new season after keeping them up, they should have given him to January IMO.

Not easy to keep a team in the premier league with just pennies to spend.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
See Houghtons out at Brighton today then, done a decent job all things considered but God they play woeful football perhaps they're e looking for that bit more now but will need investment
Shocking decision. He's a great manager and has kept a really poor squad up twice now. That's outrageous.

D

Deleted member 18121

Shocking decision. He's a great manager and has kept a really poor squad up twice now. That's outrageous.

Agree with this, he got them to a cup final, kept them in the league twice..... unless they're about to spend £200m to strengthen the team then this is a bad move IMO.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think wolves will struggle more next season.. second season syndrome , won’t go down but won’t be as good

They could hardly have been any better this year - won their mini league once you discount the big six clubs.

Could only do better next year by finishing above Man Utd.... although by the looks of things that could happen!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Trouble is the second half of the season they won 2 games. Some of the football they play is good but it wasnt that long ago they were being ripped to bits on here for being defensive and dire.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They could hardly have been any better this year - won their mini league once you discount the big six clubs.

Could only do better next year by finishing above Man Utd.... although by the looks of things that could happen!

another reason they could struggle... the europa league qualification and the extra games that comes with normally have an adverse affect on the team in the comp in regards to their league position if they arent used to it

edit (thats providing city win the cup I believe?)

watford winning the cup could do wolves a favour!

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm sure there was a Brighton fan on here a few weeks ago saying how awful the football has been this season. At least by doing this now it will give the new manager the best chance of signing their choice of players, gives them a full pre-season etc. Better that than getting rid 4 games in.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure there was a Brighton fan on here a few weeks ago saying how awful the football has been this season. At least by doing this now it will give the new manager the best chance of signing their choice of players, gives them a full pre-season etc. Better that than getting rid 4 games in.
Their squad is still Championship level though. Unfortunately the money they have spent hasn't worked out, on players like Jahanbaksh and Locadia who have done nothing. If Hughton was responsible for transfers then that was probably the biggest stick to beat him with. If he wasn't though, then I think he's done the best he could with a poor squad.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Their squad is still Championship level though. Unfortunately the money they have spent hasn't worked out, on players like Jahanbaksh and Locadia who have done nothing. If Hughton was responsible for transfers then that was probably the biggest stick to beat him with. If he wasn't though, then I think he's done the best he could with a poor squad.
I don't necessarily disagree with you. However, if you are watching defensive dross week after week the lustre of being in the PL starts to wear off. Fans and owners want to see a little bit of enjoyment, not just purely survival. Now it might be that with Brighton's budget this is not possible but I understand their desire to give it a go. If you stay with Hughton then you know you are going to get more of the same next season, and as Tashy has pointed out they have also barely won a game 2nd half of the season.

I'm sure Hughton will get another job, he clearly knows how to get teams out of the Championship.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't necessarily disagree with you. However, if you are watching defensive dross week after week the lustre of being in the PL starts to wear off. Fans and owners want to see a little bit of enjoyment, not just purely survival. Now it might be that with Brighton's budget this is not possible but I understand their desire to give it a go. If you stay with Hughton then you know you are going to get more of the same next season, and as Tashy has pointed out they have also barely won a game 2nd half of the season.

I'm sure Hughton will get another job, he clearly knows how to get teams out of the Championship.
I dunno, Burnley fans still seem happy enough. :LOL: I say be careful what you wish for, so many times have dumped pragmatic managers and gone down. Stoke, West Brom to name a couple of others. I suppose it's catch 22. Admit their latter form wasn't great so maybe they just feel a change of direction is worthwhile. Harsh on Hughton for me, but you're right, he won't struggle to get a new job.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
another reason they could struggle... the europa league qualification and the extra games that comes with normally have an adverse affect on the team in the comp in regards to their league position if they arent used to it

edit (thats providing city win the cup I believe?)

watford winning the cup could do wolves a favour!

Correct.

For the best of the rest the whole aim must be to qualify for Europe and take it for there? What are we playing for otherwise?

We'll be spending in the Summer but not massively, think we'll still finish top half but won't break the top 6 for a good few years.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Correct.

For the best of the rest the whole aim must be to qualify for Europe and take it for there? What are we playing for otherwise?

We'll be spending in the Summer but not massively, think we'll still finish top half but won't break the top 6 for a good few years.

I’d love to see you get it and do well in both the comp and still the league

Majority of teams that seem to get it (unless a top 6 club) struggle in the league whilst playing in the comp

Could argue arsenal have struggled in the league I guess lol

Majority of teams that come up and do well do suffer from second season when the other teams learn how to play against them. Shock factor goes

Combine that with the europa a 7th place this season could be bottom half easily next

So long as you don’t go down (don’t believe you will) then that’s a good season next season

Season after climb the table with more signings