And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

You’re right mate but it’s what this thread can do to you.

I blame years of ridicule for finishing top 4 (God knows why) Why should Liverpool fans get an easy ride now for finishing second?

It’s bantz, bitter bantz, but bantz all the same.👍

It only works when you have a valid point though 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 15344

You’re right mate but it’s what this thread can do to you.

I blame years of ridicule for finishing top 4 (God knows why) Why should Liverpool fans get an easy ride now for finishing second?

It’s bantz, bitter bantz, but bantz all the same.👍

I think there is a clear difference between what Liverpool did this season compared to what Arsenal were doing for the last 4 seasons or so under Wenger. For Wenger it appeared that it was all about just getting top 4 - that was the “trophy” to aim for , there didn’t seem to be any willing to use that top 4 spot as a spring board to better things ,CL and Title challenges, it seemed like settling for top 4 and no further ambitions , especially in the transfer market and ultimately other teams overtook Arsenal

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Well congratulations to both Liverpool and Man City for providing the juiciest run in for some time,

Forget the tribalism that exists and celebrate the reality that both teams would have made worthy champions.

I hope Liverpool’s time will come.

Huge gap to the next few teams who need to improve big time to contend

Who knows , in 3 years time both teams could be playing the mighty Wycombe Wanderers 👍😎

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got the C// final night sorted SiL 60th party, BiL Liverpool fan ( he’s even got the tash) 😂😂

Sons coming with 2 grandkids, 1st daughters coming with 3 grandkids,2nd daughters coming with 2 grandkids.

We are all going to roll up in Spurs shirts😂

D

Deleted member 1740

I think there is a clear difference between what Liverpool did this season compared to what Arsenal were doing for the last 4 seasons or so under Wenger. For Wenger it appeared that it was all about just getting top 4 - that was the “trophy” to aim for , there didn’t seem to be any willing to use that top 4 spot as a spring board to better things ,CL and Title challenges, it seemed like settling for top 4 and no further ambitions , especially in the transfer market and ultimately other teams overtook Arsenal

Please, not this again. not today Phil.

D

Deleted member 15344

Please, not this again. not today Phil.

It was a a valid point 👍

Anyway all this seems to have glossed over Utd losing again at home , seems the players got a right earful from the fans with some showing a “ who cares “ attitude - someone asked in the BT sport panel if this is the start of Utd dropping away for a while - or a small blip. Massive rebuild needed and a very inexperienced manager at this level to do it? They have so much wrong with the squad where do they start ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it was fitting that both teams won on the final day. Two incredible teams who had incredible seasons really. And just thank the lord Liverpool didn't win it, really. I feel so relieved.

On a personal level I'm actually disappointed we finished 4th. At one stage there was clear daylight between us and 4th and we just totally ran out of steam and looked knackered for the last 12 games. To lose 13 league games is pretty poor, but to still finish 4th is REALLY poor for Arsenal & Man Utd. I will remember this as the season when we weren't very good, but those two were so bad they just handed us 4th anyway.

Next season with a few clever signings I think Wolves could put the cat amongst the pigeons in that top six.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Got the C// final night sorted SiL 60th party, BiL Liverpool fan ( he’s even got the tash) 😂😂

Sons coming with 2 grandkids, 1st daughters coming with 3 grandkids,2nd daughters coming with 2 grandkids.

We are all going to roll up in Spurs shirts😂

Ah say stop typecasting folks, there's rumours that some Mancs have a tash 🤔😁

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it was fitting that both teams won on the final day. Two incredible teams who had incredible seasons really. And just thank the lord Liverpool didn't win it, really. I feel so relieved.

On a personal level I'm actually disappointed we finished 4th. At one stage there was clear daylight between us and 4th and we just totally ran out of steam and looked knackered for the last 12 games. To lose 13 league games is pretty poor, but to still finish 4th is REALLY poor for Arsenal & Man Utd. I will remember this as the season when we weren't very good, but those two were so bad they just handed us 4th anyway.

Next season with a few clever signings I think Wolves could put the cat amongst the pigeons in that top six.
Last sentence is right with a few players they look a very capable side.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I think wolves will struggle more next season.. second season syndrome , won’t go down but won’t be as good

I think Leicester are more likely with Rodgers at the helm

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think wolves will struggle more next season.. second season syndrome , won’t go down but won’t be as good

I think Leicester are more likely with Rodgers at the helm
Thing is I can see a couple of Leicester players leaving, there will be lots of interest in Maddison, Ricardo P, Maguire, Chilwell. And Vardy can't keep going forever, is he 33 next season??

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thing is I can see a couple of Leicester players leaving, there will be lots of interest in Maddison, Ricardo P, Maguire, Chilwell. And Vardy can't keep going forever, is he 33 next season??

It does depend on if they can hold onto their players for sure but same with every club

Wolves have to sign Jimenez but half the league will be after him now , they don’t have first dibs