And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
(y) Probably best not to try and tell an Everton fan how to feel and speak about Lpool, just like I’d not try to tell you about Soton/Pompey.
I’ve not told you how to talk about Liverpool, nor would i try to.
Just like I wouldn’t criticise a fan if they chose to defend Pompey......... 👍

D

Deleted member 16999

You accused me of jumping on the bandwagon!
I’ve been bitter for 55 years. ;)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

TBF, Pompey need all the help in defence they can get...:ROFLMAO:

Great season in all the divisions. Gutted Middlesbrough didn't make it but secretly glad. If they can't score goals in the Championship, they sure as hell wouldn't in the Prem.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
You accused me of jumping on the bandwagon!
I’ve been bitter for 55 years. ;)

😂😂😂
My op wasn’t meant For you. Weren’t you guys pretty decent 55 years ago? I simply meant it seems quite fashionable for people to hate Liverpool all of a sudden. Rival fans aside, I don’t recall em getting so much stick when they were winning the odd cup.

Now it seems that fans across the country are suddenly remembered so long (never mentioned previously) rivalry 😂😂

My bro in law cheered city on today, but will cheer on spurs in June as he’s a Chelsea fan. Chelsea v Liverpool is a proper plastic rivalry.

D

Deleted member 16999

😂😂😂
My op wasn’t meant For you. Weren’t you guys pretty decent 55 years ago? I simply meant it seems quite fashionable for people to hate Liverpool all of a sudden. Rival fans aside, I don’t recall em getting so much stick when they were winning the odd cup.

Now it seems that fans across the country are suddenly remembered so long (never mentioned previously) rivalry 😂😂

My bro in law cheered city on today, but will cheer on spurs in June as he’s a Chelsea fan. Chelsea v Liverpool is a proper plastic rivalry.
I can’t win on here, congratulated/praised Lpool many times on here this season, stated quite openly over the last few years how I happily support them in Europe when they are the last English team left, stated I was pleased it’s them v Spurs in this years CL Final only to be basically called I liar when I said I won’t be supporting Spurs as I don’t care.

Been ripped about Silva and Allardyce, told we’ll be in a relegation battle, ridiculed as a Club when Watford beat us etc.

Shown respect for Lpool’s efforts this season then called a bit of a knob because as an Everton fan I’m glad they’ve not won the PL.

Seriously mate, some on here need to look at their behaviour before questioning mine.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I can’t win on here, congratulated/praised Lpool many times on here this season, stated quite openly over the last few years how I happily support them in Europe when they are the last English team left, stated I was pleased it’s them v Spurs in this years CL Final only to be basically called I liar when I said I won’t be supporting Spurs as I don’t care.

Been ripped about Silva and Allardyce, told we’ll be in a relegation battle, ridiculed as a Club when Watford beat us etc.

Shown respect for Lpool’s efforts this season then called a bit of a knob because as an Everton fan I’m glad they’ve not won the PL.

Seriously mate, some on here need to look at their behaviour before questioning mine.

Fella. Just to clarify, I wasn’t questioning you at all.

I think you maybe dislike a few of their fans more than the club at times.... but that’s another discussion 😀

D

Deleted member 16999

Fella. Just to clarify, I wasn’t questioning you at all.

I think you maybe dislike a few of their fans more than the club at times.... but that’s another discussion 😀
I’ll be honest mate, no issue with Pete, Stu and Dave, no time for the others.
You got another like. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Point proven.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well it's all got a bit mid season rather than end of season on here 😄.

You can't argue with the league winners, whoever they are. You don't win the league by fluke. Liverpool gave city a great run, they pushed them to the limits. It's a shame Spurs fell away that would have made it even more interesting.

Hopefully there will be more than 2 in it next year.

All in all an exciting season at all levels of the league

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
The reason for the 'please not Liverpool' is that people know Liverpool fans, and plenty of them to boot. Whether it be good friends, work colleagues, extended family, golf clubs/forums, social media etc etc, you come across them all the time. And with the size of the fanbase there's obviously the full spread of what those individuals are like, how dedicated they are, how plastic they are, how knowledgeable/unknowledagable about football in general they are. So with that range plenty will annoy you when they're successful.

They're also a fanbase that are happy going it alone. Scouse not English, we only sing about ourselves, greatest club in the world etc, coupled with some highly controversial incidents over the years and its no surprise they dont endear them to neutrals as it comes from a place of arrogance that's built from their incredibly successful history.

City just don't effect people. I don't know any City fans. They're also expected to win in their current financial circumstance. So it doesn't matter to people if they do. Like, I couldn't care less.

It will be the same scenario if/when United next challenge. The ABUs will be in full force.

For the record, this is in no way a dig at Liverpool, who have been fantastic this season and incredibly unlucky to run into a team of Citys financial resources, management and experience. It's my observation of where the general sentiment this year has come from.

D

Deleted member 18588

I suppose that I am so old that I just about recall my lot sticking 9 past Liverpool I just don't have the same issue with them.;)

As for "out of towners" and armchair fans, well every top club (and some not at the top!) have them and, I agree they can be a PITA, so I just tend to ignore them.

After all I only have time to hate one club.

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey - been an outstanding season this year in terms of the title race , two brilliant excellent attacking flair teams going at it from the off

Some of the numbers from these season are outstanding -

The most points from a top two , lead changing 32 times , City second half of the season lost one game and won the rest , fewest combined defeats ,

A lot more in here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48136480

So we should be talking how great the football has been right up until the end yet some just want to slate the fans 🙄 sad

D

Deleted member 1740

Hey Stu, how wrong can I be. :(
But yes, I do want them to win ........................ I very much want them to win!
Whatever happens though, respect to your lot for a truly superb season. (y)

I hope your initial posts are right come June 1st 😁😁