And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Flipping Eck, were to start. I tipped Liverpool to win the title before City went on a 14 game winning streak. Who saw that coming. I also predicted Athletico winning the champs league and Utd winning the FA cup. So am up there with Homer.
Re Liverpool, soddin hell, 1-0 up and were 1-0 down and am thinkin " typical City" . Last year we finished with a fantastic 100 points and this year a battling, scraping, fighting for every point 98. Yet Liverpool finished 1 point, 11millimetres or was it 12 millimetres behind. It was that close between first and second. I said earlier on this season Liverpool were getting the small things there way. Listening to Jurgen this afternoon after the Wolves game. He was saying the same thing but a differant language. City started getting those little things. The little things that make a massive differance between first and second.
Going through me prem title days, first at Mary Dee's, the Agueroooooooo moment. Second I got a ticket when City beat West Ham. Third, sat at home when Utd got beat at home. Today with family. Today deffo ranks alongside Agueroooooo. It's been tough, ave had more than enough squeaky bum moments and am glad it's finished. It's also seems a bit tinged. Ave a feeling that Kompany, Fernandinho, and Silva are playing there twilight years. Others are going but they are legends.
Liverpool have played to a fantastic standard all season and lost just the one game v City. It was the draws that did them. But I watched City today and thought Walker was, and has been carried all season, Zinchenko has been an excellent left back, but is he the best. Mahrez, he has been poor most of the season but the goals he scored v Bournemouth and today show what he is capable of but he don't show it enough. What am saying is, there is room for improvement.
Finally Pep. The mentality that he has instilled in City is just phenomenal. Listening to Kompany talking today when asked about staying another year, " it's irrelevant, it's all about City". When asked about City winning the first ever domestic treble, again "to much context, it's City that matter". The focus that Pep has City, well focused on is incredible.
Finally, bad luck Liverpool, your seasons not done yet. Lick ones wounds and prepare for one last game.
Me am off for a lie down.

Congratulations to City, Tashy and Amanda. Enjoy, it was a hell of a ride.(y)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers LB, Amanda is a City fan 😳. There's two of us 😳 World domination 😁

Yep. Used to go to matches when I could (not exactly a local!) until I couldn't take the heartbreak anymore! So these days it's from my armchair so keep quiet on this thread (until provoked!!). My top memory is being at Maine Road to see us thrash Charlton 5-1 for promotion in 1985. I was slightly in love with Andy May :eek: We'd been to Notts County the week before and were caught up in the terrace "stampede" to try and get the game abandoned. Very scary and an awful day - the following Saturday could not have been more different. Never forget it...

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yep. Used to go to matches when I could (not exactly a local!) until I couldn't take the heartbreak anymore! So these days it's from my armchair so keep quiet on this thread (until provoked!!). My top memory is being at Maine Road to see us thrash Charlton 5-1 for promotion in 1985. I was slightly in love with Andy May :eek: We'd been to Notts County the week before and were caught up in the terrace "stampede" to try and get the game abandoned. Very scary and an awful day - the following Saturday could not have been more different. Never forget it...
Went to watch City v County ( a few times) Living in Mansfield. Well its just down the road. Anyway am sure and i stand corrected, i went to watch City V County in the league cup it was Tuesday the day of 9/11 attacks in NY. It was the most surreal game i have ever witnessed. Most of the crowd watched in stunned silence. One City fan was out of it and trying to get the crowd singing. A big bruiser threatened to cave his head in if he didn't shut up. He did. That game and May 11th the day i got married was the Bradford fire disaster. They are games I remember for all the wrong reasons ☹️
That aside. Being in with the utd lot in the old Kippax when we battered them 5-1 went down well. Thats when utd reds couldn't fill there bus in Mansfield. 😁

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure what exactly is funny about chants about “victims” when everyone know where it’s aimed and also about fans being battered in reference to what happened last year with Sean Cox.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Not sure what exactly is funny about chants about “victims” when everyone know where it’s aimed and also about fans being battered in reference to what happened last year with Sean Cox.

Don’t you see that your reaction to a group of footballers celebrating and releasing months of tension is playing into the victim tag perfectly?

D

Deleted member 15344

Don’t you see that your reaction to a group of footballers celebrating and releasing months of tension is playing into the victim tag perfectly?

If you really think that - I just see it as showing some really poor actions of players as being shown all over the media - but i suppose if it helps people gloss over things. It’s quite ironic that in a year where players have stood up to poor chanting from the crowds we have a bunch of players displaying the same brain dead scum attitude as seen from some on the stands.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Considering how universally you're disliked, pull up a pew, you'll fit in.

I've got some voodoo jazz hat in, want some?

Your insulting game is weak and is coming from an obvious position of hurt.

To coin a cliche that is far too true, it is only a game. You need to give yourself some distance, it clearly affects you too much.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I guess it’s bad enough when fans chant rubbish but players ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metr...lah-winning-premier-league-title-9537528/amp/

Stay classy

Its a bunch of footballers singing, end of. Are you really that precious that a few (nothing) words upset you?

Racist chanting, hang 'em high. Singing about Hillsborough, burn 'em. But seriously, its a nothing song, and sung very badly. Banter has been coming off the terraces for years and, in the main, is just something to laugh at and laugh off. To use an old, and perhaps now out of date, cliche, its a man's game. Crunching tackles and blood and guts... and you're peeved over some singing...?

Honestly, words like wuss spring to mind. I genuinely can't believe you're really feeling hurt over a song.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its a bunch of footballers singing, end of. Are you really that precious that a few (nothing) words upset you?

Racist chanting, hang 'em high. Singing about Hillsborough, burn 'em. But seriously, its a nothing song, and sung very badly. Banter has been coming off the terraces for years and, in the main, is just something to laugh at and laugh off. To use an old, and perhaps now out of date, cliche, its a man's game. Crunching tackles and blood and guts... and you're peeved over some singing...?

Honestly, words like wuss spring to mind. I genuinely can't believe you're really feeling hurt over a song.

Whatever happened to sticks and stones my break my bones but words will never hurt me

And they call my generation snow flakes!