And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you really think that - I just see it as showing some really poor actions of players as being shown all over the media - but i suppose if it helps people gloss over things. It’s quite ironic that in a year where players have stood up to poor chanting from the crowds we have a bunch of players displaying the same brain dead scum attitude as seen from some on the stands.
Poor actions? :ROFLMAO: They're just having a laugh having won the league. It's great to see. Good forbid they unwind and celebrate like human beings.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its a bunch of footballers singing, end of. Are you really that precious that a few (nothing) words upset you?

Racist chanting, hang 'em high. Singing about Hillsborough, burn 'em. But seriously, its a nothing song, and sung very badly. Banter has been coming off the terraces for years and, in the main, is just something to laugh at and laugh off. To use an old, and perhaps now out of date, cliche, its a man's game. Crunching tackles and blood and guts... and you're peeved over some singing...?

Honestly, words like wuss spring to mind. I genuinely can't believe you're really feeling hurt over a song.

So singing about 96 people dying and the whole associated connotations of "victims" and about some poor fella who was in a coma for months and wont live a normal life again is okay then?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So singing about 96 people dying and the whole associated connotations of "victims" and about some poor fella who was in a coma for months and wont live a normal life again is okay then?

Using the word victim doesn’t always mean it’s about Hillsborough.
Maybe it’s the way you always feel hard done by?

D

Deleted member 16999

Its a bunch of footballers singing, end of. Are you really that precious that a few (nothing) words upset you?

Racist chanting, hang 'em high. Singing about Hillsborough, burn 'em. But seriously, its a nothing song, and sung very badly. Banter has been coming off the terraces for years and, in the main, is just something to laugh at and laugh off. To use an old, and perhaps now out of date, cliche, its a man's game. Crunching tackles and blood and guts... and you're peeved over some singing...?

Honestly, words like wuss spring to mind. I genuinely can't believe you're really feeling hurt over a song.
Is it though Bri, regardless of intention and the fact City fans have been singing the song all season, I’d suggest 99% of fans are aware of the connotations when they sing anti-Liverpool songs and use the word victims in it.
Hillsborough may of been a long time a go for some, but some are also still living with it on a daily basis.
Don’t get me wrong there has been a few times I could of used the word victim to describe people on here, nothing to do with Hillsborough but when it’s a Lpool fan or Scouser I won’t use it.
All teams have scum bag kn@bheads, but players and officials singing it? Come on, there needs to be a standard set.
Ill timed, badly judged, thoughtless etc etc it can be written off, but it shouldn’t of happened in the first place and will do nothing but create animosity.
As for excusing their behaviour because they’ve just won the PL, were’s the line?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
lol, it definitely doesn't mean that. It just refers to Liverpool fans' victim mentality. Haven't you heard that other popular chant?
It's never your fault
It's never your faaault
You're always the victim
It's never your fault!

D

Deleted member 16999

lol, it definitely doesn't mean that. It just refers to Liverpool fans' victim mentality. Haven't you heard that other popular chant?
It's never your fault
It's never your faaault
You're always the victim
It's never your fault!
And were does that stem from! :rolleyes:
Never used when talking about Hillsborough I take it?

Step outside your club loyalty and think of the 96 ffs!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's never your fault
It's never your faaault
You're always the victim
It's never your fault!

I’d like to know when that was first sung

Was it before hillsborough?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’d like to know when that was first sung

Was it before hillsborough?

Come on now. Surely you know full well why that term is offensive. Even if it was said prior to Hillsborough (not old enough to know for certain myself). The use of it since by the establishment, press and rival fans was never done so in an innocent way.

Anyone claiming to not know the conotations is a liar.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Did you miss the sentence in my post that referred to Hillsborough? And where in that song does it mention a guy in a coma?

I didn't associate the "victim's" line with Hillsborough, nor the lad in the coma. All I saw was a bunch of players celebrating. If that is the connotation, I apologise.

Of course it wasn’t!
But that’s irrelevant, no team or player should be singing about other Clubs, regardless of circumstances.

"no team or player should be singing about other clubs, regardless of circumstances."

C'mon Paul. not "regardless of circumstances" I stood on the terraces at Ayresome Park for donkey's years singing many songs that where both humorous and gentle banter between fans. My seat at the Riverside was close to the away end and had great banter. Yes there's idiots on both sides but some of the best pints I've had have been with opposition fans, home and away. Had a great time in a pub in Liverpool a couple of seasons back with the red fans before the game. Was the only Boro fan in a pub in Sheffield last year, sat with a couple of dozen Wednesday fans. In both cases there was banter and singing. Its part and parcel of the game, and long may it continue.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Come on now. Surely you know full well why that term is offensive. Even if it was said prior to Hillsborough (not old enough to know for certain myself). The use of it since by the establishment, press and rival fans was never done so in an innocent way.

Anyone claiming to not know the conotations is a liar.

My question was was it sung before hand

Because if it was then it’s been morphed into something else

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. There are memorials and visiting clubs lay wreaths. You honestly think thay don't know what happened?!
Who said they don't know it happened, you're just looking for an angle. It was nearly 30 years ago and these tragedies eventually fade from our collective memory, do you honestly believe those city players were deliberately wanting to cause offense to the families of those who died? Like i said, most wouldn't have had a clue

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Who said they don't know it happened, you're just looking for an angle. It was nearly 30 years ago and these tragedies eventually fade from our collective memory, do you honestly believe those city players were deliberately wanting to cause offense to the families of those who died? Like i said, most wouldn't have had a clue

You did, in the last sentence of this same post...