And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

And now you're being way too sensitive!!! At least read everything I wrote AND digest it. Listen, not just hear.

You have said officials shouldn't sing songs under any circumstances, or do you just mean songs that reference things like Hillsborough or Munich? I said why can't they have, in effect, a general sing song? Are they supposed to just sit quietly drinking tea from china cups? Where have I equated a pop song with a rival's chant that would offend people? You really need to dial it back a bit Paul, as it looks like the red mist is taking over.

You will also see that I have already apologised for not realising it was about Hillsborough. Hillsborough, Munich, Bradford & Heysel should never ever be forgotten and deserves the greatest respect and deference.

But that doesn't seem to stop people not accepting the apology with the good grace it was given with. The holier than thou "is extremely ignorant" from LiverpoolPhil typifies the ignorance from some 'pool fans too. Not everyone survives on every word coming out of the Liverpool Echo.

The comment wasn’t aimed at yourself as I don’t believe you have said anything disrespectful on here or anything that needed apologising for.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Ignorance is not an excuse!
Maybe you could draw up a list of the subjects that it’s ok to class as banter, people died, surely if you are an educated, tolerant individual and someone told you “regardless of your intent, what you are saying I find offensive” any normal human being would show some respect and refrain from saying it.

You're clearly incapable of separating emotion from logical thought. I'll leave you to it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The comment wasn’t aimed at yourself as I don’t believe you have said anything disrespectful on here or anything that needed apologising for.

I apologised for my ignorance, and it looked like you were lumping me in because of ignorance.

The good thing is I'm off out to a beachside bar for a beer(s) and some tapas. I promise to come back way more relaxed.

D

Deleted member 15344

I apologised for my ignorance, and it looked like you were lumping me in because of ignorance.

Not at all and apologies if it seemed that way - you put across your view of the incident in a respectful way and could understand the significance of the words used when Pete posted about it , i suspect the players also maybe didn’t understand the significance and prob got a touch carried away. It’s a shame that the club though have just brushed it off.

4LEX

Visit site
Anyone surprised about this stuff? City fans used to sing 'TOWN FULL OF MUNICHS' to every away ground when they were in League One and the Championship.

Liverpool fans started a monopoly on mocking a tragedy. See the Munich 58 banners in the Kop in the 70's and 80's. It was only after their own disasters they calmed down and tried to bury it under the carpet.

It's all utterly pathetic and no side can take any moral high ground. I've heard United fans sing about Heysel and Hillsborough, even Chelsea fans do the same to this day. Disgusting.

The only difference is Liverpool fans are always the first to find fault and the last to accept any wrongdoing. I love Klopp, the attiitude and work ethic of the current Liverpool side but I was jumping up and down Sunday when City won it cos of the fans attitude over the last few decades. No bias, just a neutral view on it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Anyone surprised about this stuff? City fans used to sing 'TOWN FULL OF MUNICHS' to every away ground when they were in League One and the Championship.

Liverpool fans started a monopoly on mocking a tragedy. See the Munich 58 banners in the Kop in the 70's and 80's. It was only after their own disasters they calmed down and tried to bury it under the carpet.

It's all utterly pathetic and no side can take any moral high ground. I've heard United fans sing about Heysel and Hillsborough, even Chelsea fans do the same to this day. Disgusting.

The only difference is Liverpool fans are always the first to find fault and the last to accept any wrongdoing. I love Klopp, the attiitude and work ethic of the current Liverpool side but I was jumping up and down Sunday when City won it cos of the fans attitude over the last few decades. No bias, just a neutral view on it.
Last post on this, I promise Fragger.

You miss the point, nobody is defending fans behaviour or say any group of fans are better or worse than others.

This is about the behaviour of Players and Staff of Man City, Totally indefensible, regardless of how the words were intended or how any of us interpret them.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’ll not comment on this as the thread normally gets closed when I do but I have to say the Irony of what the mousers have been posting is so delicious I could eat it up!😂

D

Deleted member 15344

If City win on Saturday to take the domestic treble that will make it the 4th treble and I think just one left to go or maybe two

Utd - League , Fa Cup and CL
Liverpool - League , League Cup and CL
Liverpool - FA Cup , League Cup and UEFA Cup

So if City win it’s League , FA Cup and League Cup

Which leaves

League , League Cup and UEFA Cup and League , FA Cup and UEFA Cup

- so will they be done ? Or because of the way the UEFA Cup is now it’s just not going to happen

And then will the crowning glory happen - the quadruple? I don’t think it will ever happen

It would be a fantastic achievement, to win the second best treble available. 😁😁😁

Third best 😉 believe the best ones have to include the CL

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Time to move on please,

This subject is highly emotive and it’s bound to get out of hand if discussed further .

Thank you

So we're just going to move on again for the tenth time this season, are we?

Hillsborough, Heysel and victims is getting mentioned on a monthly basis.

Its a joke!

Last edited by a moderator:

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

Its a joke!
What is it you want? The conversation was started by a Liverpool fan. Then rationally discussed in the main, save the odd one losing their rag

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Its a joke!

Football is the only sport I know where there is sometimes genuine hatred between supporters of different teams.

Mostly it’s just partisan, almost tribal rivalry, which as long as it’s good humoured isn’t a problem

That’s football

This is a golf forum, we tolerate football threads, we could easily ban football and religion and politics threads, but that would devalue the forum in my view.

Re Liverpool specifically, you have “history” Heysel and Hillsborough happened, both tragic events. But they happened, and sometimes these events will get mentioned in the course of debate.

Of course the context is everything and if the post is out of order, report it and we will look at it and take action if we think it appropriate, what you don’t see is the editing , warning and infractions we issue behind the scenes.

There are so many posts in this thread it’s impossible for the mods to police it fully, so if you see something that is obviously wrong, report it.

And if you drop another F bomb I’ll do you, I’ve edited it as it’s a very emotive subject and you were clearly angry, but no need for that.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Football is the only sport I know where there is sometimes genuine hatred between supporters of different teams.

Mostly it’s just partisan, almost tribal rivalry, which as long as it’s good humoured isn’t a problem

That’s football

This is a golf forum, we tolerate football threads, we could easily ban football and religion and politics threads, and Manchester City who are going for a domestic treble which has never been done in the history of football and will surely go down as one of the greatest football teams in the universe including superman planet, but that would devalue the forum in my view.

Re Liverpool specifically, you have “history” Heysel and Hillsborough happened, both tragic events. But they happened, and sometimes these events will get mentioned in the course of debate.

Of course the context is everything and if the post is out of order, report it and we will look at it and take action if we think it appropriate, what you don’t see is the editing , warning and infractions we issue behind the scenes.

There are so many posts in this thread it’s impossible for the mods to police it fully, so if you see something that is obviously wrong, report it.

And if you drop another F bomb I’ll do you, I’ve edited it as it’s a very emotive subject and you were clearly angry, but no need for that.

Sorted fragger 😉😂👍