And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd being below par hurt Liverpool. Needed them to take points off City.

I think it’s hard to point at other teams - we had chances to pick up a few more points , a draw against a poor Man Utd team plus a few dropped points against Leicester and West Ham when ahead

But I think looking for reasons why we didn’t is a bit unfair on City who went 13 games unbeaten - can only give credit to both teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16999

"You reap what you sow" may be just another way of saying "He started it..."

Surely it's not unreasonable to expect posters to be a little more mature.
It’s local rivalry, take it whatever way you like.
I’ve clearly stated my respect for the actual Lpool team this season and the genuine fans.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s local rivalry, take it whatever way you like.
I’ve clearly stated my respect for the actual Lpool team this season and the genuine fans.

Shame the genuine fans are 100/1 out numbers by the awful awful fans who make the country unite against them

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not sure how that logic works, surely if they'd of been stronger they would also of took points off of Liverpool 🤔

Maybe, but they've just got 97 points and still not won it. A stronger chasing pack makes it more competitive. An extra draw here, a loss there and that's all it takes. And of course that might have finished liverpool earlier too.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think it’s hard to point at other teams - we had chances to pick up a few more points , a draw against a poor Man Utd team plus a few dropped points against Leicester and West Ham when ahead

But I don’t think looking for reasons why we didn’t is a bit unfair on City who went 13 games unbeaten - can only give credit to both teams.

That run they put together was outstanding.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

But I don’t think looking for reasons why we didn’t is a bit unfair on City who went 13 games unbeaten - can only give credit to both teams.

14!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yeah but you won a ton of points with last minute goals, dives and pens. So that boosted the tally a bit.

D

Deleted member 15344

That run they put together was outstanding.

Yep - even better when you see who they played in that run as well. And well done also to Wolves - looks like European football if City win the FA Cup , can keep Utd and potentially Arsenal company

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah but you won a ton of points with last minute goals, dives and pens. So that boosted the tally a bit.

Well I’m pretty sure that scoring a goal from the penalty spot is as valid as scoring from open play and scoring in the last minute is no different from scoring in the first minute - it’s a goal at the end of the day.

D

Deleted member 15344

Runners up only a few years ago 👍

That wasn’t a near miss - you ended up with 71 points about 10 points behind with the season done with 4 games left 😂😂

You were top in Jan and then ended up 4th in mid Feb with any titles hopes gone by end of March

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well I’m pretty sure that scoring a goal from the penalty spot is as valid as scoring from open play and scoring in the last minute is no different from scoring in the first minute - it’s a goal at the end of the day.

Of course it depends on how the penalty was won.

Lpool do have 2 of the most gifted and prolific divers in the league.