And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

A great week for English football.
Four semi-finalists, all victorious, and twelve goals scored.
The sad thing for me is that only one goal was scored by an English player.

Is it really that sad ? The Prem Clubs have been awash with foreign players for decades - every clubs success over the past 20/30 will have Non English players at the heart of it and it’s not going to change unless the English players are better than their counterparts. There have been success for English players in youth tournaments and a good deal of those players are filtering into the top clubs.

They could add in more restrictions on the amount of foreign players but that wouldn’t make English players better just make them more expensive

It’s prob more sad the lack of Top English managers

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it really that sad ? The Prem Clubs have been awash with foreign players for decades - every clubs success over the past 20/30 will have Non English players at the heart of it and it’s not going to change unless the English players are better than their counterparts. There have been success for English players in youth tournaments and a good deal of those players are filtering into the top clubs.

They could add in more restrictions on the amount of foreign players but that wouldn’t make English players better just make them more expensive

Is it reall that sad?

The premiership has been awash with Foreign managers for decades now.

See where I’m going with this.

You question Slimes post then just post the same point regarding managers

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
A great week for English football.
Four semi-finalists, all victorious, and twelve goals scored.
The sad thing for me is that only one goal was scored by an English player.

Unfortunately at this moment in time English players are not to the forefront of clubs top scorers.
It seams 20 goals a season is a good return when I would have thought 30 would be more like it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Is it reall that sad?

The premiership has been awash with Foreign managers for decades now.

See where I’m going with this.

You question Slimes post then just post the same point regarding managers
it goes back to all the financial investment by overseas owners. Look at Al Fayed signing Jean Tigana to manager a second division side as it was then. Heck we've even had Sven as director of football at Notts County. I wonder if there is some correlation between overseas managers wanting foreign players and English managers or those at a strong ethos and identity of being a top British club (hence Klopp at Liverpool) working hard to bring the English youngsters through. Sadly many of our age group world cup winners will either get farmed out on loan and struggle to ever go back to the parent club and break through or will be discarded/sold off and left to forge their own career and develop themselves into a PL side player.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
it goes back to all the financial investment by overseas owners. Look at Al Fayed signing Jean Tigana to manager a second division side as it was then. Heck we've even had Sven as director of football at Notts County. I wonder if there is some correlation between overseas managers wanting foreign players and English managers or those at a strong ethos and identity of being a top British club (hence Klopp at Liverpool) working hard to bring the English youngsters through. Sadly many of our age group world cup winners will either get farmed out on loan and struggle to ever go back to the parent club and break through or will be discarded/sold off and left to forge their own career and develop themselves into a PL side player.
Its all very well putting the blame on foriegn coaches or owners, but how often have young English players taken the big bucks to warm a bench at the top clubs. Too often they fade away on their big money contracts, but then can you blame them......are they any different to the majority of the working public who change jobs because of more pay?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Red Bull is from Austria, it’s the French League, I believe, that gets the spot.

Edit: Just read this, Red Bull may get a spot from the Spurs v Lpool Final.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47806720

Yea i did know Red Bull are from Austria👍 Can be confusing this, so it seems that Red Bull will get C/L spot and if Chelsea win final a French team will get a spot but if Arsenal win they will get in C/L

Clear as mud 😉

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really? I would of thought the sad thing for you is that Utd were nowhere to be seen. ;)

That doesn't make me sad, it makes me angry .................................. however, next year's going to be our year.
Oh no, sorry, wrong club. :p

Yup, it is for me.
Or play abroad as Jadon Sancho is doing to great effect.

D

Deleted member 1740

Now, is that Tottenham's season over?
I think so!

They’re still in the CL, with a very winnable game.

They may win the game, but they won't win the competition.

For as long as they’re in it and with a bit of luck and a good draw they could.

Yes, they could ............................... but they won't. :p

Hey Slimey, I’ve just remembered our little conversation from January about Spurs, I bet you want them to win now don’t yer? 😉