Deleted member 15344

The answer is 8

Liverpool - TAA, Henderson and Milner
Spurs - Rose , Trippier and Ali
Arsenal- Maitland-Niles
Chelsea -Loftus-Cheek

D

Deleted member 18588

Without looking, how many English stars do people think were part of this new ear of dominance for English footy?

From the 44 starters from the semis.

None of the managers!

Argentinean, German, Italian, and Spanish.

Compared with the '70s & '80s I would say it makes it more difficult for the neutral to enthuse over this so called English dominance.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There can only be one explanation and that is surely money. The same as the Qatar World Cup. The governing bodies go on about growing the game and expanding into new areas but when two "questionable" countries that make billions in oil dollars get given these events you do have to question the decision making.

Probably apt that Chelsea made the final there, they will feel at home. 😉

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
With or without looking online?
Google is friend to us all

Chelsea really made that hard going and during normal and extra time from the moment it went to 1-1 Frankfurt definitely looked the more likely to score and when Chelsea missed that penalty I thought the writing was on the wall. Well done to the keeper for making the saves but on what I've seen tonight and the way Sarri still has Chelsea playing it's going to be very difficult to beat an Arsenal side that seem a different outfit in the EL compared to the PL.

Out of interest (and genuine question) what are the CL qualification permutations for next season based on Arsenal winning or Chelsea winning. Was that comment about the spot going to 3rd in France tongue in cheek or not and if not how come they get it

D

Deleted member 15344

Shouldn’t need to look on line for the answer really If you know the players who have been playing all season for each club - the one guess was Maitland-Niles

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Shouldn’t need to look on line for the answer really If you know the players who have been playing all season for each club - the one guess was Maitland-Niles

Danny Rose not exactly a fixture for spurs either tbf, I didn't watch either game as was at work. I didn't realise Milner started for you guys tbh.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Google is friend to us all

Chelsea really made that hard going and during normal and extra time from the moment it went to 1-1 Frankfurt definitely looked the more likely to score and when Chelsea missed that penalty I thought the writing was on the wall. Well done to the keeper for making the saves but on what I've seen tonight and the way Sarri still has Chelsea playing it's going to be very difficult to beat an Arsenal side that seem a different outfit in the EL compared to the PL.

Out of interest (and genuine question) what are the CL qualification permutations for next season based on Arsenal winning or Chelsea winning. Was that comment about the spot going to 3rd in France tongue in cheek or not and if not how come they get it
The france thing is true, if the Europa was won by a team that hadn't qualified for europe then we would of had an additional team in Europe.
If Arsenal win they go in at final qualification level, if Chelsea do they go in at group stage.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The france thing is true, if the Europa was won by a team that hadn't qualified for europe then we would of had an additional team in Europe.
If Arsenal win they go in at final qualification level, if Chelsea do they go in at group stage.

If Chelsea win the Europe final that C/L spot goes to Red Bull Salzburg I believe.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
A great week for English football.
Four semi-finalists, all victorious, and twelve goals scored.
The sad thing for me is that only one goal was scored by an English player.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The answer is 8

Liverpool - TAA, Henderson and Milner
Spurs - Rose , Trippier and Ali
Arsenal- Maitland-Niles
Chelsea -Loftus-Cheek
Ross Barkley played as well last night.

Edit: Just re-read it and you asked for starters. I see no reason to exclude subs though. Most clubs rotate these days anyway.

D

Deleted member 16999

A great week for English football.
Four semi-finalists, all victorious, and twelve goals scored.
The sad thing for me is that only one goal was scored by an English player.
Really? I would of thought the sad thing for you is that Utd were nowhere to be seen. ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chelsea and arsenal get 6,000 tickets each. 👍 where are they playing it leyton orient.
If they can get 12,000 fans to go to Baku then well done them. Have you looked where it is on a map, how many flights go there etc? They would struggle to put it in a more difficult place in Europe.

Arsenal and Chelsea should put up big screens at their grounds, charge £5 a pop, £1 for kids, and fans can see it there. (they may well be doing that, I know City are for this Sunday)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If they can get 12,000 fans to go to Baku then well done them. Have you looked where it is on a map, how many flights go there etc? They would struggle to put it in a more difficult place in Europe.

Arsenal and Chelsea should put up big screens at their grounds, charge £5 a pop, £1 for kids, and fans can see it there. (they may well be doing that, I know City are for this Sunday)
Yup saw midweek City were doing it and am tempted. But Baku. Its near China. Europe my arse as jim royle says.