And, we’re off.......2018/2019

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen on the BBC live text that Henrikh Mkhitaryan might have to miss the final if Arsenal get there because of "Armenia's shaky political relationship with Azerbaijan". How can it be right for UEFA to give showpiece finals to these countries which could result in one of the finalists not being able to pick the team that they want to?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just seen on the BBC live text that Henrikh Mkhitaryan might have to miss the final if Arsenal get there because of "Armenia's shaky political relationship with Azerbaijan". How can it be right for UEFA to give showpiece finals to these countries which could result in one of the finalists not being able to pick the team that they want to?

he didnt go when we played there earlier in the year. shocking choice of final venue thats for sure

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How do you mean restrict mate? I was listening to Arsenal in the kitchen earlier via the bbc app.
What Fundy said. Effectively you can listen to R5 through the internet if you are in the UK. If you are in a different country it will be blocked as the PL will have sold those rights to someone else in that country. If they haven't sold them they may still be blocked as they would like someone to buy them. That is how I understand it works. Not 100% on that, Pathetic Shark may be able to confirm, it is his field.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well done Arsenal, ffs come on Chelsea!
Watched the Chelsea game and Hazard has been very disappointing, hopefully he’ll prove me wrong in extra time.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
he didnt go when we played there earlier in the year. shocking choice of final venue thats for sure

There can only be one explanation and that is surely money. The same as the Qatar World Cup. The governing bodies go on about growing the game and expanding into new areas but when two "questionable" countries that make billions in oil dollars get given these events you do have to question the decision making.