And, we’re off.......2018/2019

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Controversial question/opinion alert........

Would Spurs be a better team if they sold Kane for £150 million this summer and re-invested that plus other money on strengthening the squad?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Controversial question/opinion alert........

Would Spurs be a better team if they sold Kane for £150 million this summer and re-invested that plus other money on strengthening the squad?

If you could guarantee that those players were a success then maybe, but i wouldn't wanna lose him. They had an end of season wobble with and without him. But imo he's still their best player.

Lyle77

Visit site
Another extraordinary match and comeback setting up an all English Champions League Final. There is a very real possibility of an all English Europa League final as well if Arsenal and Chelsea can progress through their respective ties tommorow night. This shows the current strength of the English Premier League.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unbelievable game, you have to hand it to Spurs (and Liverpool last night)

1 point after 3 group stage games and here they are now in the final, you couldn’t make it up.

Wouldn’t like to call it now, how could you after the results this week.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes finals are nervous things and don’t live up to the hype.
Going to be tough to top the semi,s.

Whoever loses will be labeled spursy? Lol

I’m working on the final 19:00 start so will make sure it’s on somewhere

Will be a great night for English football

Come on Chelsea and Arsenal now

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you could guarantee that those players were a success then maybe, but i wouldn't wanna lose him. They had an end of season wobble with and without him. But imo he's still their best player.

I agree that Kane is a great player and very important to Spurs, but if you consider that Liverpool got Salah, Mane and Firminio for £100 million combined, could it be argued that Spurs could become a better team if they cashed in on him and brought in other players? Yes it's an extreme example as those three have been superb for Liverpool, at a lower than expected cost for players that make that much difference, but if Spurs got in the right players at the right price could it be worth them getting rid of Kane to move them forwards as a team?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I agree that Kane is a great player and very important to Spurs, but if you consider that Liverpool got Salah, Mane and Firminio for £100 million combined, could it be argued that Spurs could become a better team if they cashed in on him and brought in other players? Yes it's an extreme example as those three have been superb for Liverpool, at a lower than expected cost for players that make that much difference, but if Spurs got in the right players at the right price could it be worth them getting rid of Kane to move them forwards as a team?

That's why i said i'd consider it if they were a guaranteed success. Rarely works that way. Who did they buy with the Bale money?

For me, i think the risk is too big. Of course, if they lose to liverpool he may force the issue.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just
You have to remember Klopp bought those 3 over 2-3 years, he built what he wanted with caution.
Regardless of how much you sold Kane for, it would be a big risk to expect to buy 3 in a one window and definitely get results.
If they were looking to spend the money over a longer period it might work, but I doubt Spurs want to risk waiting 2-3 years for it to work.

U

User62651

That finish, we all went a bit nuts when that goal went it, just seemed the chance had gone. Terrific viewing tonight and last night, ECL is the best football you can see, by miles.
Poor Ajax. Be another 20 years till we see them again, team will be dismantled this summer.:(

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As posted in the Upcoming Live Concerts thread.....

Muse on 1st June @ the Olympic Stadium.

However, I have several dilemmas as the following other events happen on the same day....
Captain's day comp at my new home club
Champions League final (if Spurs get past Ajax)
Anthony Joshua fight

Supposed to be taking my kids (16 & 23) to see Muse - gave them the tickets for Christmas.

Dilemma now is if I go to the gig and Spurs win CL, then I'd be gutted to have not seen it as it happened. But if I stay home to watch the game, and Spurs lose, I'd be really pee'd off

Been a Spurs supporter for 40 years, have seen Muse live many times, what would you do?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
As posted in the Upcoming Live Concerts thread.....

Muse on 1st June @ the Olympic Stadium.

However, I have several dilemmas as the following other events happen on the same day....
Captain's day comp at my new home club
Champions League final (if Spurs get past Ajax)
Anthony Joshua fight

Supposed to be taking my kids (16 & 23) to see Muse - gave them the tickets for Christmas.

Dilemma now is if I go to the gig and Spurs win CL, then I'd be gutted to have not seen it as it happened. But if I stay home to watch the game, and Spurs lose, I'd be really pee'd off

Been a Spurs supporter for 40 years, have seen Muse live many times, what would you do?

You’ve seen Muse many times. Have you ever seen Spurs play in a CL final?

No brainier for me.