And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fantastic semi finals both of them

Would like to see spurs win it personally (half the family are spurs) but either team deserves it

Come on arsenal and Chelski make it all English in both finals!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fantastic night of football again. Loved Poch's reaction after the match both with the players and then back on the pitch with the coaching staff. All we need now is Arsenal and Chelsea to finish their jobs for a clean sweep in the finals for English sides

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As posted in the Upcoming Live Concerts thread.....

Muse on 1st June @ the Olympic Stadium.

However, I have several dilemmas as the following other events happen on the same day....
Captain's day comp at my new home club
Champions League final (if Spurs get past Ajax)
Anthony Joshua fight

Supposed to be taking my kids (16 & 23) to see Muse - gave them the tickets for Christmas.

Dilemma now is if I go to the gig and Spurs win CL, then I'd be gutted to have not seen it as it happened. But if I stay home to watch the game, and Spurs lose, I'd be really pee'd off

Been a Spurs supporter for 40 years, have seen Muse live many times, what would you do?
How would your kids feel if you didn't join them at the concert? That is the only question that needs answering. If they don't mind then watch the game. If they stall for a few seconds and look disappointed then Muse it is.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well that was a night of drama incredible for Spurs to reach the final especially after it such a poor start in the group stages as well.

We didn’t play well in the first half again and looked out of it at half time, Ajax had that spell of around 15 min. of sitting back after we scored and that was their undoing I think as we got confidence and for the first time they looked unsettled.

Strange how Trippier has gone from one of the better players to bang average he had another poor game, the substitution at half time made a huge difference.

Will be watching final at a party at bil’s who’s a scouser so should be interesting.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well that was a night of drama incredible for Spurs to reach the final especially after it such a poor start in the group stages as well.

We didn’t play well in the first half again and looked out of it at half time, Ajax had that spell of around 15 min. of sitting back after we scored and that was their undoing I think as we got confidence and for the first time they looked unsettled.

Strange how Trippier has gone from one of the better players to bang average he had another poor game, the substitution at half time made a huge difference.

Will be watching final at a party at bil’s who’s a scouser so should be interesting.

Ribby, is he a red or blue scouser 😁👍

D

Deleted member 15344

A lot of people have said that the Prem is not the “strongest” league in europe but the most exciting etc

Well if all goes well tonight we should have

Four of the top 6 in the European Finals

Add in City prob winning the League and Cup Finals With an outstanding team

That’s a strong showing from the Prem top 5 clubs.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A lot of people have said that the Prem is not the “strongest” league in europe but the most exciting etc

I watched the first leg of the Arsenal tie it was the first time this season that I’ve watched a whole game of Arsenal, not a team I have any inclination of watching.

Anyway other than the two main strikers I was shocked how bad they were, midfield was especially poor and I’ve never seen a player put so little effort in as Gundelin if that’s how you spell it, don’t think I saw him sprint the whole game very lazy.

I wouldn’t surprise me if Arsenal don’t get to the final.

But another all England final would be good.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Through gritted teeth... Well done to the spuds 👍

Great scenes from the pundits box of Glenn Hoddle 👍👍
Genuinely couldn't be more pleased for him...

Never mind hanging onto Kane the struggle will be keeping Poch on board...

D

Deleted member 16999

Through gritted teeth... Well done to the spuds 👍

Great scenes from the pundits box of Glenn Hoddle 👍👍
Genuinely couldn't be more pleased for him...

Never mind hanging onto Kane the struggle will be keeping Poch on board...
Good post, no harm in a bit of genuine sportsmanship. (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, that was the best comeback I've ever seen! :LOL:

Unreal. I planned it quite well in the end as I couldn't watch the first half as I was at footy training, saw the score and debated whether to even watch the 2nd, in the end decided to as three of the other lads were. Glad I did! I felt Ajax showed a real lack of intelligence or experience because they simply refused to hold onto the ball, or run it into the corner or anything. One of them even lashed a shot miles wide quite near the end. The keeper booked for time-wasting as well, the time gets added on and we end up scoring, that was a nice bit of justice.

The best thing for us now is there's a 3 week break before the final, given that our team look dead on their feet, that can only work in our favour. Could go either way, we should have beaten them last time but we gave it away, so you never know.

Now, just need to decide where to get my Lucas Moura tattoo, any suggestions? :ROFLMAO:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I watched the first leg of the Arsenal tie it was the first time this season that I’ve watched a whole game of Arsenal, not a team I have any inclination of watching.

Anyway other than the two main strikers I was shocked how bad they were, midfield was especially poor and I’ve never seen a player put so little effort in as Gundelin if that’s how you spell it, don’t think I saw him sprint the whole game very lazy.

I wouldn’t surprise me if Arsenal don’t get to the final.

But another all England final would be good.

Yeah you got us summed up pretty well, though Im assuming you didnt watch Arsenal v Spurs earlier in the year ;)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yes, we know United are crap right now ......................... why don't you just say it?
We all know the point of your post.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now, just need to decide where to get my Lucas Moura tattoo, any suggestions? :ROFLMAO:

I think you know exactly what we are all thinking. There is only one place (y).

Now that you are guaranteed top 4 and you have this final to play for I would rest your entire first 11 for Sunday, play the kids ;). On a semi serious note, I would rest most. Let the others come out at the end and wave to the crowd. Send them on holiday for 4-5 days to rest and then get back to light training. You are right, they look shot and need to get their energy back.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you know exactly what we are all thinking. There is only one place (y).

Now that you are guaranteed top 4 and you have this final to play for I would rest your entire first 11 for Sunday, play the kids ;). On a semi serious note, I would rest most. Let the others come out at the end and wave to the crowd. Send them on holiday for 4-5 days to rest and then get back to light training. You are right, they look shot and need to get their energy back.
Wouldn't say that at all! I think it's important to end the season on a high anyway, and with the three week break we can have no qualms about playing the first team. We don't have many back-ups fit anyway.

Actually hope we don't start Kane in the final, even if he gets fit for it. Rather than rushing him back and having to go back to how we play with him in the side, I think he'd be far more useful coming off the bench if we're losing and need a goal in the second half. Let Son & Lucas start the game, and throw on Kane if needed.

U

User62651

To be fair it just been 2 massive La Liga sides questioning that claim of EPL being the strongest league and maybe it's a fair debate having won the ECL the last 5 years running and before that both a lot through the noughties. Historic strong leagues like SeriaA and Bundesliga are not at as high a level as they once were.

Spanish league has 3 or 4 very good sides at any one time, EPL has normally 5 or 6 very good sides. I think the middle order is currently stronger in EPL too than La Liga.

Madrid are all over the shop this season and their old team needs rebuilt, Barca are going to have to face the fact Messi can't go on at the same level much longer so also need a bit of rebuild.

Trouble is it remains that the very very best players seem to always want to go to RM or Barca - see Bale/Modric/Coutinho/Ronaldo/Suarez etc rather than stay in EPL. If Mbappe and Neymar move on from PSG I bet they won't come to an English club, not until they're early/mid 30s anyway.
Not sure if that'll ever change, those 2 clubs seem to have more clout and drawing power than any EPL sides, pinnacle of club football for most. Man City seem the only EPL side that can really keep it's top stars, possibly helped by Guardiola.

Maybe the Spanish climate appeals more than Manchester or Liverpool's?;) Think life is easier in La Liga too for the big names, slower pace of football, don't have to work as hard. This high press football that Klopp and others in EPL like is here to stay, attack and defend as a team with no room to carry lazy 'stars'. That system may be more workable in cooler climates like UK than Spain/Italy.

D

Deleted member 16999

Wouldn't say that at all! I think it's important to end the season on a high anyway, and with the three week break we can have no qualms about playing the first team. We don't have many back-ups fit anyway.

Actually hope we don't start Kane in the final, even if he gets fit for it. Rather than rushing him back and having to go back to how we play with him in the side, I think he'd be far more useful coming off the bench if we're losing and need a goal in the second half. Let Son & Lucas start the game, and throw on Kane if needed.
Behave, it needs an 8 goal swing! Get them players rested, you want them all injury free.
Everton will of switched off with no chance of getting 7th. ;)

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How would your kids feel if you didn't join them at the concert? That is the only question that needs answering. If they don't mind then watch the game. If they stall for a few seconds and look disappointed then Muse it is.

I don't think that they'd be that bothered if I didn't go with them, especially as they are 16 and 23. In fact, maybe my daughter's boyfriend can have my ticket.

The dilemma is that I would absolutely love attending the gig - Muse never fail to put on a fantastic show.
On the other hand, if I decide to stay home and watch the game it'll either be one of the best nights ever (as a Spurs fan) or end up being very depressing, leaving me thinking that I should have gone to the gig.