And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I did mention this the other day re City being the most valuable team In The prem now. Also mentioned that all three teams at the top have some of the biggest stadiums in the league but fans and peanuts in financial contributions was mentioned. It is but Spurs wage bill was highlighted. Unfortunately Spurs being on the rise comes with the comments of no history, oil money 😉 etc etc. Me I see it as a healthy challenge to the status quo of an old top four. Finally Spurs have qualified for the champs league again, Utd haven't. Money aside why would Erikson etc want to play Eurpa football when so utds players ( Pogba) are looking to leave.
PS the club that was quoted as being the best run in the prem league was Burnley.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Your mates are right in a way about gate recipes but hardly peanuts, Spurs had extra revenue from playing longer at Wembley of 42m and what’s somewhat surprising the corporate revenue for the same period was 93m.

Levy sold the cranes that helped build the new ground for a profit of 3m😉

D

Deleted member 18121

Salah are firmino out of the Barcelona game....I guess we'll play origi and shaqiri in their place.

We needed a miracle before.... But some kind of devine intervention is needed now. Something along the lines of the spurs lasagne-gate from a few years back.

Lyle77

Visit site
A massive match for Arsenal on Thursday night against Valencia. If Arsenal can come through the tie and win the final then it will go down as a successful season. However, they need to strengthen the team massively if they want to try and challenge for the title soon. There is still very much a soft centre to the team which Emery has not ironed out which needs to be addressed.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Off to the last City home game in a couple of hours. Feel exactly the same way now as I did a couple of months ago. Nervous about how the game will go. It's like being back in div 3 again. Thing is last year I was turning up to games wondering how many we would win by. Just not had that feeling this year and it's been brilliant battling to results.

Kinda looking forward to tonight.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
A massive match for Arsenal on Thursday night against Valencia. If Arsenal can come through the tie and win the final then it will go down as a successful season. However, they need to strengthen the team massively if they want to try and challenge for the title soon. There is still very much a soft centre to the team which Emery has not ironed out which needs to be addressed.

We lost Holding and Bellerin which didn’t help.

Get everyone back fit and add 3-4 new faces in the Summer👍

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Off to the last City home game in a couple of hours. Feel exactly the same way now as I did a couple of months ago. Nervous about how the game will go. It's like being back in div 3 again. Thing is last year I was turning up to games wondering how many we would win by. Just not had that feeling this year and it's been brilliant battling to results.

Think your going to have a good night, enjoy

U

User62651

Just placed a wee bet on a draw in tonights game. More hope than expectation (nothing against City just would prefer Liverpool won this year). Brendan Rodgers is a good coach and Leicester have no pressure - that may help them but equally they might also be thinking of summer holidays and switch off.

D

Deleted member 15344

We lost Holding and Bellerin which didn’t help.

Get everyone back fit and add 3-4 new faces in the Summer👍

Adding the players needed is the prob - a lot of clubs will be looking at the same type of player and it’s prob going to take either CL football or spending a lot of money both in fees and wages, something Arsenal and also Spurs just don’t seem to want to take the risk doing on the right players. Arsenal should have walked the Top 4 spot with their fixture list for the last month or so in the Prem. Arsenal need some real quality in the backline and midfield - currently they have a forward line which is outstanding but they may get their heads turned without CL

It’s hard to see Arsenal really improving enough at the moment

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Think your going to have a good night, enjoy

I Keep saying it, squeaky bum time. The only positive is am thinking is Aguero is after Salah for the golden boot.

Talking about Salah and his concussion, quality and classy response from Barca to Liverpool on hearing of his injury 👍

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

I really, really, really hope you have a great evening. (y)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Just placed a wee bet on a draw in tonights game. More hope than expectation (nothing against City just would prefer Liverpool won this year). Brendan Rodgers is a good coach and Leicester have no pressure - that may help them but equally they might also be thinking of summer holidays and switch off.
Me too! I just have a sneaky suspicion that Leicester will get something out of the match so got a fiver on at 7/1.

D

Deleted member 18121

The whole country is behind Leicester tonight , good luck chaps 👍

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
The whole country is behind Leicester tonight , good luck chaps 👍
Let’s be honest, this season is proving just how universally hated Liverpool FC are and it’s with a vitriol above even that which Man Utd get. We’re used to it but Liverpool fans have a belief that they’re seen as something pure and sacred in football. Bit of a reality check for a lot of your fans, I’d imagine!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Let’s be honest, this season is proving just how universally hated Liverpool FC are and it’s with a vitriol above even that which Man Utd get. We’re used to it but Liverpool fans have a belief that they’re seen as something pure and sacred in football. Bit of a reality check for a lot of your fans, I’d imagine!
I'm a neutral and rooting for Liverpool to win the league.

D

Deleted member 15344

Let’s be honest - “universally hated” ? Seriously - it’s a football team at the end of the day and millions support it just like millions don’t . If someone wants to “hate” a football club that for me shows more about their own mentality than anything else and a lot of times it comes from people who try and think up these rivalries. Social media especially places like twitter where it’s flooded with overseas fans who have flipped and flopped between teams over the years and post some complete and utter garbage and people think it’s some sort of reflection on the club’s fan base.

Nothing beats being generic about a whole fan base but I guess that’s par for course these days - but if you or anyone else really wants to hate a club or fans then crack on - i guess the majority of Liverpool fans won’t really care

But there will be a considerable amount of neutral fans who will want to see Liverpool as much as some want Man City to win.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I don’t follow football as much as I used to, and don’t have any bias to either of the teams at the top of the premiership.

But I just don’t get the “hatred” against Liverpool. Teams have successful years and then fall away. Personally I think it has been great having Liverpool and Man City going toe to toe the last few months and I think it’s better for the league if Liverpool can win it. Having one team dominate for years gets a bit boring after a while.