And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’ll take that, slightly disappointed with all the possession and chances we had in the 2nd half that we didn’t score again, but taking a goal back to the Bridge is an excellent position to be in.

D

Deleted member 16999

Bit surprised at the fitness level of some of the Frankfurt players.
They started fast, but still a little surprised.
Bad start from Chelsea, but certainly deserved the draw and maybe the win.
Looking good for the all English final.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Doesn't that equally apply to other players and other teams? Would Gerrard or Rooney have been sent off more if they had played for West Brom or Norwich instead of Liverpool and Man Utd? When you play for the bigger teams you tend to get more decisions go in your favour, that's just the way it is in football.

Yes they would have, absolutely.

The most sent off defender going, would have had even more in a lesser team as well, yet rated as a great defender. sheesh.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes they would have, absolutely.

The most sent off defender going, would have had even more in a lesser team as well, yet rated as a great defender. sheesh.

The best players play for the best clubs and as a result get more decisions going in their favour than the next level of player that play for lesser clubs. Gerrard is regarded by many as being a great player but is he less of a great player because he would've been sent off more if he'd been with a different club?

(I only picked Gerrard for my reply as he's from your club. If a Man U fan had responded I would've gone with Rooney and the same for a fan of any other club that responded, I'm not specifically picking on Gerrard).

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The best players play for the best clubs and as a result get more decisions going in their favour than the next level of player that play for lesser clubs. Gerrard is regarded by many as being a great player but is he less of a great player because he would've been sent off more if he'd been with a different club?

(I only picked Gerrard for my reply as he's from your club. If a Man U fan had responded I would've gone with Rooney and the same for a fan of any other club that responded, I'm not specifically picking on Gerrard).

They arent defenders though and both showed great aspects of their games over many years with goals, assists, running games etc

Luiz plays for Chelsea, would you say he was a great defender, not even sure the Chelsea fans would. Good footballer, passer,cool, thuggish on occasion - remind you of anyone?(y)

How's Sergio doing without Ronaldo?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m not really fussed about the one chance thing that wasn’t my point, I just think if Liverpool has a proper top notch striker (I don’t think Firmino is in this class) they would be a much much better team. Salah seems to play wide quite a bit at times which leaves zip all quality in the box.
Ps yes Messi would still make you lot bang average 😂
This is what I have been saying,but as usual people take one line literally.
My one chance quote was about a quality finisher we havnt got one.
In a tight game if Mane or Salah only get one chance I would not put money on them scoring.
How many draws have we had in the season that we have missed a hatful of chances.
All strikers miss but good ones don’t miss many.

My main point is we played well , missed all our chances and lost 3-0.
Firmino is a great team player but more like a number 10 than a striker that’s how Klopp likes it.
But against quality teams you must take your chances, sadly we didn’t.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
This is what I have been saying,but as usual people take one line literally.
My one chance quote was about a quality finisher we havnt got one.
In a tight game if Mane or Salah only get one chance I would not put money on them scoring.
How many draws have we had in the season that we have missed a hatful of chances.
All strikers miss but good ones don’t miss many.

My main point is we played well , missed all our chances and lost 3-0.
Firmino is a great team player but more like a number 10 than a striker that’s how Klopp likes it.
But against quality teams you must take your chances, sadly we didn’t.

That could of been written about City as well. 👍

That aside it seems that Linekar and Ferdinand sure being slated for cheering Messis free kick. Can understand Rio cheering, but Linekar? Was it more about the quality of the goal or just because it was v Liverpool. Me am not sure.

D

Deleted member 16999

That aside it seems that Linekar and Ferdinand sure being slated for cheering Messis free kick. Can understand Rio cheering, but Linekar? Was it more about the quality of the goal or just because it was v Liverpool. Me am not sure.
He’s an ex-Barca player, ignore the media mate, it’s a few, a tiny few getting upset, probably the same idiots who want Klopp out.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I think it was simply about the quality of the goal. I can see the Lineker angle given his association with Barca and maybe Rio got caught up with Linekers excitement. As ex-pros I think they would appreciate the quality of the free kick and I wouldn't have been surprised if they done the same thing if Salah had curled one in or something similar had happened in other games they've covered.

Tashyboy

Visit site
He’s an ex-Barca player, ignore the media mate, it’s a few, a tiny few getting upset, probably the same idiots who want Klopp out.
Klopp out 😳

Dont get me wrong. Liverpools problems were not gonna get sorted overnight. He has them going in the right direction. Read a piece where his team could be the nucleus for years to come. That’s something utd would love at the moment.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Ex Barca, ex Everton, big fan of Messi + quality goal. A few saddos are trying to whip up a twitter storm but I don't think it is getting any traction. Most people can see it for what it is.

D

Deleted member 16999

Klopp out 😳

Dont get me wrong. Liverpools problems were not gonna get sorted overnight. He has them going in the right direction. Read a piece where his team could be the nucleus for years to come. That’s something utd would love at the moment.
I saw a very good interview with Jose and Club’s attitudes to managers and having a plan. Very complimentary of Klopp and Pep and the boards at both Clubs.
Made a couple of statements about his future, which will be interesting to see if they pan out.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ex Barca, ex Everton, big fan of Messi + quality goal. A few saddos are trying to whip up a twitter storm but I don't think it is getting any traction. Most people can see it for what it is.
Exactly that, plus Rio was obviously a long-time Man Utd player, understandable that he has no support for Liverpool. What a nothing story.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I saw a very good interview with Jose and Club’s attitudes to managers and having a plan. Very complimentary of Klopp and Pep and the boards at both Clubs.
Made a couple of statements about his future, which will be interesting to see if they pan out.

Any links anywhere Paul me man.