And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Too many players out for Spurs.
Only really missing two ? They are being dominated at home in midfield and Ajax are finding it easy to pick apart their backline - those two areas they don’t seem to be missing any main players

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
De Jong looks absolute class in midfield. So calm, looks absolutely at ease in the centre of the park, he's going to be superb for Barcelona.

This has been magnificent football from Ajax so far, superb pressure, and the neat football in tight areas in Spurs' half has been brilliant to watch. We've got a game on our hands here.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only really missing two ? They are being dominated at home in midfield and Ajax are finding it easy to pick apart their backline - those two areas they don’t seem to be missing any main players

To be fair to Spurs though LP, Ajax did a decent job on both Real Madrid and Juventus so it's not a massive surprise they're putting in a performance against Spurs as well.

D

Deleted member 15344

Winks? Sissoko?

Have Wanyama and Erkisen playing , Sissoko on the bench. Ajax are just better than them at the moment and Spurs lack of depth is showing in the second half of the season.
To be fair to Spurs though LP, Ajax did a decent job on both Real Madrid and Juventus so it's not a massive surprise they're putting in a performance against Spurs as well.

Oh I’m not surprised at - hence why I don’t believe Spurs missing two players is the reason why Ajax are dominating - they are just better than Spurs at the moment

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The ref clearly took it seriously! He checked with the medical team who were either blind or lied

That's the problem with having team doctors making those sorts of decisions. Whether direct or otherwise, they must be under pressure to allow players to return to the pitch. Maybe it's time for neutral doctors to be making decisions on player welfare rather than relying on club doctors to make that decision.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Feel for the spurs players tonight.. it’s hard to get motivated just after being defeated in their cup final 😆

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, that first 25 minutes was shocking. We looked like the away side, and Ajax looked incredible. It really shows that they had a week off and we had two days. I never like to be without Vertonghen, but Sissoko coming on has improved us a lot and steadied the ship a little bit. We really need to go and get two goals second half I feel.

When are we going to start taking traumatic brain injury seriously in football? No way he should have been allowed back on the pitch.
I don't think he was knocked out or concussed, he just broke his nose. He obviously wanted to come back on but after about 30 seconds realised he was light-headed or struggling to breathe or something (I dunno, never broken my nose).

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wow, that first 25 minutes was shocking. We looked like the away side, and Ajax looked incredible. It really shows that they had a week off and we had two days. I never like to be without Vertonghen, but Sissoko coming on has improved us a lot and steadied the ship a little bit. We really need to go and get two goals second half I feel.

I don't think he was knocked out or concussed, he just broke his nose. He obviously wanted to come back on but after about 30 seconds realised he was light-headed or struggling to breathe or something (I dunno, never broken my nose).

lol you sound like Poch, its not an excuse buts its an excuse. Poor professional sportsmen not able to be up with the pace of a CL semi final because theyve only had a few days off? Seriously? Surely if it was a fatigue thing it would show at the end not the start? Maybe Ajax were the better side and Poch had set Spurs up the wrong way to combat them?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
lol you sound like Poch, its not an excuse buts its an excuse. Poor professional sportsmen not able to be up with the pace of a CL semi final because theyve only had a few days off? Seriously? Surely if it was a fatigue thing it would show at the end not the start? Maybe Ajax were the better side and Poch had set Spurs up the wrong way to combat them?
Tactics aside, they were just sharper than us. That comes from fitness. In addition, yes we have looked better since Sissoko came on for Vertoghen which indicates our shape was wrong as well.