And, we’re off.......2018/2019

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tactics aside, they were just sharper than us. That comes from fitness. In addition, yes we have looked better since Sissoko came on for Vertoghen which indicates our shape was wrong as well.

first 20 mins has nothing to do with fitness, they wanted it more, were set up better and completely outplayed you, have the fitness levels changed now youve got a better formation to combat them?

If its down to fitness then you might not want to watch the last 10-15 mins

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
first 20 mins has nothing to do with fitness, they wanted it more, were set up better and completely outplayed you, have the fitness levels changed now youve got a better formation to combat them?

If its down to fitness then you might not want to watch the last 10-15 mins
They were raring to go and we were slow out of the blocks. Sissoko coming as helped because he has bags of energy. Incidentally he didn't play the other day either.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They were raring to go and we were slow out of the blocks. Sissoko coming as helped because he has bags of energy. Incidentally he didn't play the other day either.

Nor did tripper but he has been suspect (all season though)

If the players can’t come out the blocks, at home, at the new stadium, in a champ league semi then you have to question what does get them going!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nor did tripper but he has been suspect (all season though)

If the players can’t come out the blocks, at home, at the new stadium, in a champ league semi then you have to question what does get them going!
Trippier is just bloody awful. Wish I knew what happened to that Trippier who played for England last summer.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
ah well, at least its Ajax who will be tired for the 2nd leg after a cup final this weekend 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

spurs fortunate to only be 1 down after that, that said, Ajax werent that great after the first half hour for me. Sissoko was excellent, massive onus on Son 2nd leg but they need the likes of Alli Ericson and Mourra to turn up

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I mean, he was obviously good enough for Liverpool to spend £75mil on signing him, which was an astronomical amount let's not forget.

And lastly, Sergio Ramos is still the best centre back in Europe for the time being.

Now you really havent a clue.

Ramos is protected at Real by most refs and doesnt have to do a lot of defending.

If Ramos played for Valencia or Seville he'd be sent off 10 times a season. Good goalscoring defender, but thats about it.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Could have been much, much worse the way that Ajax started the game.
At least we will have Son back next week and hopefully Sissoko will start the game rather than coming off the bench.
Who knows, Poch may rush Kane back - stranger things have happened and I bet that Harry is gagging to be out there.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wanyama and Alli have been so poor in the centre of the park for Spurs tonight. Been completely out-played. Wanyama dreadful in possession, Alli invisible.
Pointless playing Dele in midfield, he disappears, you're right. If you're not going to play right up off the striker he's not worth having.

Well that was dire anyway. Crazy how Sissoko is now one of our most important players.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now you really havent a clue.

Ramos is protected at Real by most refs and doesnt have to do a lot of defending.

If Ramos played for Valencia or Seville he'd be sent off 10 times a season. Good goalscoring defender, but thats about it.
How does being protected by refs tie in with having the most red cards of all time?? :ROFLMAO:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How does being protected by refs tie in with having the most red cards of all time?? :ROFLMAO:

Exactly, if you actually bothered to watch him defending, and what he is allowed to get away with you'd plainly see that he gets away with so much stuff as he plays for Real.

Make your own mind up instead of listening to stupid pundits or football manager info, and you may learn something.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Obvious reply, nothing to do with last years final.

Obvious no. 2 - no real defence of the player?
It's also obvious he's a superb defender, not really sure what you expect me to say. I don't care enough about Sergio Ramos to argue his case all night. You can think he's rubbish if you want to.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's also obvious he's a superb defender, not really sure what you expect me to say. I don't care enough about Sergio Ramos to argue his case all night. You can think he's rubbish if you want to.

Not rubbish, but just that he has been massively protected in a Real shirt over the years. Very good footballer, and goalscoring one at that, but not a great defender. There is a difference.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Liverpool fan doesn't rate Sergio Ramos, what a shocker. :ROFLMAO:
Think he’d been on the sauce last night 😆

Ramos is the most carded player in CL history,but because he wasn’t sent off last season against Liverpool,he’s protected by the refs 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Think he’d been on the sauce last night 😆

Ramos is the most carded player in CL history,but because he wasn’t sent off last season against Liverpool,he’s protected by the refs 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

As a neutral, the Ramos "tackle" in last years final, and I use the word tackle very loosely. Was typical of how good he is. He knowingly did a job. He is the defensive equivalent of Fernandinho at City. Players you would hate to play against you, but you would love them in your team.