And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think he was knocked out or concussed, he just broke his nose. He obviously wanted to come back on but after about 30 seconds realised he was light-headed or struggling to breathe or something (I dunno, never broken my nose).

His eyes were glazed over and he looked like he was going to be sick. He was concussed, was definitely more than a broken nose. The medical team have rightly been criticised.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
His eyes were glazed over and he looked like he was going to be sick. He was concussed, was definitely more than a broken nose. The medical team have rightly been criticised.
Apologies, when I typed that reply I hadn't actually seen the bit where he lost his footing and nearly fell over, I must have glanced away from the telly at that point, I only saw that footage later on. Obviously that does suggest some kind of mental trauma.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
He took a heavy blow to the head and following it his eyes were glazed over, he was being sick and could hardly walk, almost certainly some form of traumatic brain injury, struggle to believe he's not at the very least mildly concussed.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He took a heavy blow to the head and following it his eyes were glazed over, he was being sick and could hardly walk, almost certainly some form of traumatic brain injury, struggle to believe he's not at the very least mildly concussed.
Exactly.
He had just headed his team-mares head hard, and broke his nose. He would obviously have some element of shock as well as having what is still covered by the term “head injury”.
It’s crazy to think anything else.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm inclined to agree. But I also don't think the medical staff would outright lie, so the conclusion is the 'concussion tests' they do are not adequate. I believe there should be an independent doctor at each game, not affiliated to either club, so they can assess the player properly and without bias or pressure from coaching staff. I also think it would be good to allow a temporary rolling sub to cover for them, so that it can be given the proper time and the team are not left short of a player. This would obviously be at the ref's discretion that a head injury has taken place.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As a neutral, the Ramos "tackle" in last years final, and I use the word tackle very loosely. Was typical of how good he is. He knowingly did a job. He is the defensive equivalent of Fernandinho at City. Players you would hate to play against you, but you would love them in your team.

Good at Judo, maybe.

My opinion of him was the same before last years final. Poor defender, massively protected, good goalscorer.(y)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm inclined to agree. But I also don't think the medical staff would outright lie, so the conclusion is the 'concussion tests' they do are not adequate. I believe there should be an independent doctor at each game, not affiliated to either club, so they can assess the player properly and without bias or pressure from coaching staff. I also think it would be good to allow a temporary rolling sub to cover for them, so that it can be given the proper time and the team are not left short of a player. This would obviously be at the ref's discretion that a head injury has taken place.
According to this they followed procedure https://www.skysports.com/football/...-forced-off-after-head-collision-against-ajax

I agree that an independent doctor should be on hand to make a decision. I am not so sure on the rolling subs as I think it'll be too easy for teams to take advantage to give players a rest and its open to abuse

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
According to this they followed procedure https://www.skysports.com/football/...-forced-off-after-head-collision-against-ajax

I agree that an independent doctor should be on hand to make a decision. I am not so sure on the rolling subs as I think it'll be too easy for teams to take advantage to give players a rest and its open to abuse
How? It's only for head injuries, and the ref will be able to spot if a head injury occurred. He'll have seen the incident, which is usually a clash of heads.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a knobhead and deserves all he gets.
But don’t tar all Liverpool supporters because of him.

I know who this guy is and he has caused trouble all over the world and not just at the match.
He should be done for assault.
He’s over 60yrs old and hasn’t grown up yet.
What a plank and the ones laughing aren’t much better imo.

P.s. he’s done it again now.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I know who this guy is and he has caused trouble all over the world and not just at the match.

If the bloke has previous should he not have a banning order?

Do Merseyside police not send spotters across to look out for tubes and help identify them to Spanish police, stop the problem before it begins?

Anyway, totally agree with your top two sentences.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

If you know who he is, inform the police, it says they're still trying to identify him.

D

Deleted member 15344

Get onto the club and the police and name him then - right now the throbber is giving the fan base a bad name and embarrassing both the club and English fans. Liverpool have spent a long time trying to repair a damaged reputation and these actions but that back years. The club fan base is getting battered on social media right now because of his actions and what it looks likes his mates - so if you know him you need to inform the club.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get onto the club and the police and name him then - right now the throbber is giving the fan base a bad name and embarrassing both the club and English fans. Liverpool have spent a long time trying to repair a damaged reputation and these actions but that back years. The club fan base is getting battered on social media right now because of his actions and what it looks likes his mates - so if you know him you need to inform the club.
The club and police know who he is but have done nothing about it.
He’s been doing it for years.
I am in the USA on my hols so I am not spending my time on the phone doing the polices job that they should have done years ago.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He is just reinforcing to everyone else what prats the English are abroad, it's not just football fans reputation he is reinforcing but every Englishman.
I hope he gets to miss the game sat in a cell.