And, we’re off.......2018/2019

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
How has Son not got a mention for PFA player of the year?

Hazard has again had half a good season and gets there.
Agreed
Wonder why the one season wonder didn’t get in,quite funny since some call him the Egyptian Messi
Messi would get in.

I’d also be surprised if any Utd player got in the top 50

D

Deleted member 15344

How has Son not got a mention for PFA player of the year?

Hazard has again had half a good season and gets there.

Son should be there instead off Hazard who started well but then went missing other than that it’s prob the right 6. Mane and VVD have been superb for us all season , shame Robbo not in the mix but I expect he will be in the Team of the Year

This would be my TOTY

Alisson

TAA
VVD
Laporte
Robertson

Fabinho
Silva
Erikson

Mane
Aguero
Sterling

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Son should be there instead off Hazard who started well but then went missing other than that it’s prob the right 6. Mane and VVD have been superb for us all season , shame Robbo not in the mix but I expect he will be in the Team of the Year

This would be my TOTY

Alisson

TAA
VVD
Laporte
Robertson

Fabinho
Silva
Erikson

Mane
Aguero
Sterling

couldnt squeeze any more Liverpool players in?

D

Deleted member 15344

couldnt squeeze any more Liverpool players in?

Are there any that I should have picked instead of the players picked ?

Surely when a team has lost once all season going for the title then you are going to see a good number of their players in a team of the year - the one I was unsure about was the keeper between Alisson and Ederson

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Surely when a team has lost once all season going for the title then you are going to see a good number of their players in a team of the year - the one I was unsure about was the keeper between Alisson and Ederson

Of course, you and City have been by far the 2 best teams. But had 10 of the best 11 players? not for me

Keeper could be one from several, none been standout for me, not convinced Id have Trent Alexander Arnold in and I certainly wouldnt have Fabinho in there of your side

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Fabinho imo has been good since Xmas. But not all year. Also played cb a few times. For me Fernandinho is still the best dm in the league.

Agree keepers are a coin toss, think Alisson still has a mistake in him. But been good generally.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Of course, you and City have been by far the 2 best teams. But had 10 of the best 11 players? not for me

Keeper could be one from several, none been standout for me, not convinced Id have Trent Alexander Arnold in and I certainly wouldnt have Fabinho in there of your side
Leno?
I wouldn't have him in. Not seen him much tbh but against us he was shocking. Maybe next season, but imo his errors seem more down to lack of ability as opposed to mental mistakes.

You'll notice I'm talking about the season so far and not the game currently on..... 😭😭

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Leno?
I wouldn't have him in. Not seen him much tbh but against us he was shocking. Maybe next season, but imo his errors seem more down to lack of ability as opposed to mental mistakes.

You'll notice I'm talking about the season so far and not the game currently on..... 😭😭

No dont think any of the Arsenal team would get in the XI , closest would be Aubameyang who probably would if he'd played a bit more since xmas.

Leno has improved slowly as the year has gone on from a very poor start, hopefully will improve further next year but not in the best handful for me this year. Despite not his best year I expect DDG been the best or close to it

D

Deleted member 15344

Who would you have instead of the two keepers - normally DDG is a shoe but had a season that appears to be well below his standards , and which right back instead of TAA - I really struggled to think of one beyond him and maybe Digne who is good going forward.

Fabinho for me was choice between him and Fernandinho- Fernandinho was superb until Xmas and Fabinho superb since then and been key for us in a lot of games.

Kante would be another but played a more advance role - Moutinho was another I thought off. But yeah when two teams are that far ahead it’s hard to see beyond those - Son was just unlucky that their were two other wide players who have had brilliant seasons

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fernandinho over Fabinho by quite a distance for me, the obvious answer is Kante but Sarri refuses to play him there as you say

Right backs I think Doherty has been excellent for Wolves (and if looking at a right back not a wing back then Wan Bissaka at Palace been superb)

D

Deleted member 15344

Fernandinho over Fabinho by quite a distance for me, the obvious answer is Kante but Sarri refuses to play him there as you say

Right backs I think Doherty has been excellent for Wolves (and if looking at a right back not a wing back then Wan Bissaka at Palace been superb)

Doherty has been superb for Wolves and if looking for a wing back would be a superb choice - haven’t seen much of Wan Bissaka beyond the games against us and had a terrible time the first game including being sent off but certainly a lot of noise about him

When it comes to Fabinho and Fernandinho- they have both been key to their team this season , against us it was more about his fouling but can certainly see why people would pick Fernandinho

I was also thinking of a Team from outside Liverpool City

DDG

Wan Bissaka
Rudiger
Boly
Chillwell

Dacoure
Moutinho
Erikson

Son
Aubameyang
Jiménez

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Typical (could almost be a random irritation) that we suddenly find the belief and ability to play properly and win games. Two on the bounce and as a fan you can't help feeling the players must have been "dialling it in" under Ranieri (and to a degree Jokanovic) and now potential moves to PL clubs are on the horizon they want to look good and be seen as a viable option. Already resigned to losing a large chunk of the side (Sessignon, Mitrovic, Chambers, Seri etc) and for Parker to get the role. I think he's the potential to be a quality young manager but think it takes a particular type of manager to get a side out of that league and not sure he has that knowledge (yet)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well that was proper squeaky bum time. Where to start, looked a proper nose to nose game. Missed a fair bit of it coz we ended up standing towards the back of the ground in the disabled area. It was roasting, I cannot remember being so hot at a game. Said this before about Son, he is quality. To be honest I think he has a lot more about his overall game than Kane. It's a massive banana skin we narrowly avoided. Looked to be a few iffy decisions which will be nice to see on MOTD.
Think Son should be amongst nominations this year.

D

Deleted member 18121

Bit deflated. Goal wrongly ruled offside at 2-1 game over 3-1 but instead 2-2

On reflection though the foxes deserve a point

I was at that game too and pretty much in line with the offside.... I thought he was on, father in law thought he was off.... Not much of a complaint so assumed they'd got the decision right.

As a neutral watching the game I thought west ham played well and all the good and bad stuff was all through Antonio, just everything was too slow and ponderous. I've seen the match stats since I've got home and they don't reflect the game I saw.

I thought west ham were good for all 3 points, will be an interesting summer of transfers in and out.

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
Doherty has been superb for Wolves and if looking for a wing back would be a superb choice - haven’t seen much of Wan Bissaka beyond the games against us and had a terrible time the first game including being sent off but certainly a lot of noise about him

When it comes to Fabinho and Fernandinho- they have both been key to their team this season , against us it was more about his fouling but can certainly see why people would pick Fernandinho

I was also thinking of a Team from outside Liverpool City

DDG

Wan Bissaka
Rudiger
Boly
Chillwell

Dacoure
Moutinho
Erikson

Son
Aubameyang
Jiménez

22 players and hazard still didn't make it 🤔
He may of not had his best season but he'd still make any team of the year for me.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was at that game too and pretty much in line with the offside.... I thought he was on, father in law thought he was off.... Not much of a complaint so assumed they'd got the decision right.

As a neutral watching the game I thought west ham played well and all the good and bad stuff was all through Antonio, just everything was too slow and ponderous. I've seen the match stats since I've got home and they don't reflect the game I saw.

I thought west ham were good for all 3 points, will be an interesting summer of transfers in and out.

0DE2E0F2-4C32-4E62-8079-D0CB4F227A91.jpeg

Looking down the line of the turf he is on but it must be a hard call for the officials as he is going forward and the defender is stepping up. It’s not like a 2 yarder it’s a few inches

Great game to watch

Antonio was everywhere. Lots of fouls on him not given. Kept his cool when maguire went a bit crazy on him at the end.. Loved his celebration
4EEA23AD-2B5E-4557-9184-C938F7F9C7B1.jpeg