And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
im not talking about right decisions its about not being able to celebrate when your side scores as you dont know whether its actually a goal or not
But it stops all the ref bashing and complaining how hard done by they are.
Good to see VAR stopping the controversy

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
im not talking about right decisions its about not being able to celebrate when your side scores as you dont know whether its actually a goal or not

A valid point, for the match going fan it’s awful I imagine

Correct result tho

Congrats to spurs

Spurs v Barca in the final

I got a sneaky feeling about the spuds

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
But it stops all the ref bashing and complaining how hard done by they are.
Good to see VAR stopping the controversy

The problem is it still isnt, most times people still want to argue the decision. I think a poll had it at 70/30 whether the spurs goal shouldve been disallowed for handball

I tend to agree for fans watching at home its better because more decisions will be correct, but for me at least, it would be another nail in the coffin of going to games (if the balance hadnt already tipped too far already!) The danger is in 5 to 10 years time games are played in stadiums with zero atmosphere and maybe half full stadiums

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well i hope the neutrals liked that one. Oddly enough when we went out v Monaco and Real Madrid the City fans were gutted we went out with a whimper. Can’t say that tonight. Thought it was an excellent game.
Re VAR. Thought it was at its best tonight. None of the decisions went Citys way, but they were the correct decisions. Hopefully the fans and papers tomorrow will talking about a classic game and not VAR. Thought the ref had an excellent game.
Well done spuds. 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

The problem is it still isnt, most times people still want to argue the decision. I think a poll had it at 70/30 whether the spurs goal shouldve been disallowed for handball

I tend to agree for fans watching at home its better because more decisions will be correct, but for me at least, it would be another nail in the coffin of going to games (if the balance hadnt already tipped too far already!) The danger is in 5 to 10 years time games are played in stadiums with zero atmosphere and maybe half full stadiums

A few clubs like that already 😉 maybe more will need to get some speakers 🤔😀😉

The general gist of your post is spot on - the whole jubilation will be put on hold until the goal is “checked” and it just doesn’t work imo

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That VAR decision was the greatest sporting come back since tiger won at the weekend 😂 they were down and out. No-one gave them a chance

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What a completely mental game that was!
I'm an emotional wreak right now.
We did the unthinkable by getting out of the group stage, can we do another unthinkable by winning the CL?

D

Deleted member 1740

What a completely mental game that was!
I'm an emotional wreak right now.
We did the unthinkable by getting out of the group stage, can we do another unthinkable by winning the CL?

Yes, with a little bit of luck but it will be tough.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Cracking game, makes peps decision to play for 0-0 in the first leg stranger when you see what city are capable of.

As for VAR, you can have (more) correct decisions or a better atmosphere. Take your pick. If there weren’t so many people moaning about human error of referees in an impossible job then it wouldn’t have come to needing VAR in the first place.

U

User62651

Anyone but Barca for me in ECL, 5 years of consecutive Spanish wins we need a new country winning. I think Liverpool can handle Barca ok over 2 legs as long as they're fit enough to play the high press game Klopp loves, got to think Tottenham can get past Ajax even if Real and Juve couldn't.

Imagine Tottenham winning the European Cup when Arsenal haven't.:whistle:

Fancy Spurs to get skelped 3-0 at City this weekend, not that they'll care.

D

Deleted member 1740

Anyone but Barca for me in ECL, 5 years of consecutive Spanish wins we need a new country winning. I think Liverpool can handle Barca ok over 2 legs as long as they're fit enough to play the high press game Klopp loves, got to think Tottenham can get past Ajax even if Real and Juve couldn't.

Imagine Tottenham winning the European Cup when Arsenal haven't.:whistle:

Fancy Spurs to get skelped 3-0 at City this weekend, not that they'll care.

I think they will, Top 4 isnt Guaranteed just yet.