And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Well if UTD play like that in the Derby the title is all but Citys - Everton outclassing them all over the pitch. Can’t believe how poor they look - need a big turn around to get back into it or it’s Europa Lge football next season

Still can’t believe they didn’t wait until the end of season before appointing a perm manager - seems daft to give it to OGS based so quickly

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says Premier League title rivals Liverpool are "one of the best teams I have seen in my life”

Yeah maybe one of the best that haven’t won anything, I’ll go along with that.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Nah , will have to wait until at least Xmas. He needs money and to make his own mark on the team first.

The worrying thing (for them) is that when they were on the good run nothing was made. Of the need for new players, now all of a sudden it’s a defence of the poor run. I mean I agree they need fresh blood, but maybe the notion that it was just new manager syndrome has some weight.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says Premier League title rivals Liverpool are "one of the best teams I have seen in my life”

Yeah maybe one of the best that haven’t won anything, I’ll go along with that.
Tbf I’ve seen teams play worse football and win things.
——————————————————————————————————————————

In regards the discussion earlier about keepers. Had a little look. DDG has faced the 3rd highest amount of shots in the league. His save ration is actually still as good as anyone else’s.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think Ole has just been lucky, I don’t think any of the results are down specifically to him as a trainer/manager/tactician, he’s simply took the shackles off and they reacted, and just like a dying fish, which bursts into energy for a while then suddenly dies, I think that will happen to Utd, fizz & burn :p

Ooh, I'm not sure about that, I certainly hope you're wrong.
Where do you think United will finish this season?
I'm thinking 3rd ................. or is that hoping, no, it's definitely thinking!

Will depend on how they do against Wolves (twice), then Watford, those next 3 matches to see their reaction to the first loss will be an acid test for, especially if they go out of the cup!

Things can be great when on a roll, I don’t think we’ve seen him actually manage anything yet, where he needs to adapt or change tactics mid-game, yes you’re capable of 3rd, other results above will dictate that though, 4th is a better prediction but I think you’ll just fall short in 5th as other react to their recent shortcomings.

How we progress in Europe can be pivotal if we believe we can win it, that might allow us [wrongly] to ease up on the league and go all out for the cup.

I called it pretty much spot imo, his appointment was far too early, his early successes were simply a player/s reaction, now actual management and tactical nous is required, he’s not the manager for United, 5th spot at best.

D

Deleted member 15344

The worrying thing (for them) is that when they were on the good run nothing was made. Of the need for new players, now all of a sudden it’s a defence of the poor run. I mean I agree they need fresh blood, but maybe the notion that it was just new manager syndrome has some weight.

players like Pogba and Rashford and Lukaku should be grabbing this game and taking it to Everton - as per normal Pogba just goes missing , he is being bossed in the middle of the park and just can’t battle and dig in when his team need him. Lukaku just seems one dimensional and feel sorry for Rashford , feeding of scraps and wouldn’t blame him if he wants to go to Barce

They could get massively embarrassed at their home ground on Wednesday- it’s hard where to start first with the rebuilding job because all areas could do with a refresh.

——————————————————————————————————————————

In regards the discussion earlier about keepers. Had a little look. DDG has faced the 3rd highest amount of shots in the league. His save ration is actually still as good as anyone else’s.

Can see us getting 97 points which would have been enough to win the title in every year bar last year 😢

And DDG just looks beaten - 4/5 years of constantly saving them and I suspect he has had enough. Could see him finally leaving

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I called it pretty much spot imo, his appointment was far too early, his early successes were simply a player/s reaction, now actual management and tactical nous is required, he’s not the manager for United, 5th spot at best.

Whilst writing that Everton scored twice😂😂

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I know their heads are now down, but I can’t see one player on the pitch for Utd who looks capable of fitting into city or Liverpool. I’m a big fan of Pogbas but even he seems to need a touch before doing anything. No one touch football at all.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
——————————————————————————————————————————’

Of course but the objective of a team is to win things.

D

Deleted member 15344

I know their heads are now down, but I can’t see one player on the pitch for Utd who looks capable of fitting into city or Liverpool. I’m a big fan of Pogbas but even he seems to need a touch before doing anything. No one touch football at all.
Rashford is one who would go into both squads and would fit in , rate Martial as well but gone right off the boil , DDG obviously on a par with the keepers but the midfield and backline must be the worst in the top 6

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
players like Pogba and Rashford and Lukaku should be grabbing this game and taking it to Everton - as per normal Pogba just goes missing , he is being bossed in the middle of the park and just can’t battle and dig in when his team need him. Lukaku just seems one dimensional and feel sorry for Rashford , feeding of scraps and wouldn’t blame him if he wants to go to Barce

They could get massively embarrassed at their home ground on Wednesday- it’s hard where to start first with the rebuilding job because all areas could do with a refresh.

Can see us getting 97 points which would have been enough to win the title in every year bar last year 😢

And DDG just looks beaten - 4/5 years of constantly saving them and I suspect he has had enough. Could see him finally leaving
I think philosophy first. Their style just isn’t what the best in Europe are playing atm. I think pogba is a flair player, when results go bad they’re often the first to vanish. Silva wasn’t the same player mid season without Fernandinho running midfields for city.

Also interesting how poor they look after Ole has had a mini rant midweek. Heads just totally shot since Mourinho and his constant complaints?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Rashford is one who would go into both squads and would fit in , rate Martial as well but gone right off the boil , DDG obviously on a par with the keepers but the midfield and backline must be the worst in the top 6

I really want to like Rashford, I’m not sure why I don’t so much tbh. He has imo vanished at times too this season. I think him and Martial certainly look like they’d be suited to a city/Liverpool approach.