And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

I really want to like Rashford, I’m not sure why I don’t so much tbh. He has imo vanished at times too this season. I think him and Martial certainly look like they’d be suited to a city/Liverpool approach.

I know exactly what you mean about Rashford - so talented but just doesn’t dig in or fight right to the end but I think both of them are starved of any quality service from the people behind them , no quality from out wide and just no one creating for them from the midfield. I don’t think I have see a worse performance from UTD in a long time. Also got to give credit to Everton - outclassed them

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree, but Pep simply said they were one of the best. Not most successful.

I’d certainly rather face a few of the precious title winning teams than this current Liverpool one.

It’s all relative though isn’t it. You can’t compare and judge champions in the past with Liverpool or anyone else this season.

A team that had won the league with 80 points could hypothetically walk all over this City or Liverpool team despite them both having 90+ points each.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It’s all relative though isn’t it. You can’t compare and judge champions in the past with Liverpool or anyone else this season.

A team that had won the league with 80 points could hypothetically walk all over this City or Liverpool team despite them both having 90+ points each.

Of course you can compare teams. It’s done all the time. I’m not basing my opinion of how good Liverpool are purely on a projected score total. It hadn’t even entered my mind. I’m basing it on watching them play.

D

Deleted member 15344

Pep won’t be judging based on trophies or points scored - he will be judging imo based on how the teams play on the pitch , it’s just collating the way a team plays and for me this current Liverpool team is playing better than any Liverpool team I have seen since about 88 - that won’t change if we don’t get over the line. And for me the team is only going to get better over the next couple of years

Neville not a happy bunny with the Man Utd team - mainly about their work rate and he is spot on.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pep won’t be judging based on trophies or points scored - he will be judging imo based on how the teams play on the pitch , it’s just collating the way a team plays and for me this current Liverpool team is playing better than any Liverpool team I have seen since about 88 - that won’t change if we don’t get over the line. And for me the team is only going to get better over the next couple of years

Neville not a happy bunny with the Man Utd team - mainly about their work rate and he is spot on.

Pogba is the laziest yet most talented footballer in the league

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Neville saying it as it is, lazy non committed players not putting in a shift, falling below the expected ‘work ethics’, is he right, is it a case of that it doesn’t matter what manager is at the helm, the players at Utd currently don’t have or don’t show any desire! They all come across as spoilt brats imo, there needs to be huge clear out or a couple of lambs to the slaughter, but who’s the captain, who’s the leader?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yes he definitely is.
Him & Sanchez probably on £500k people between them 😱

So do some players on that money lose the desire to win as their personal wealth has substituted that professional attitude that’s expected and they simply clock-in not being that worried or loyal as they know they can almost go anywhere else.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Not sure about that, Pep will be judged on trophies and the players share the same goal. You think he’ll be happy if they play nice football and not win anything? No chance.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So do some players on that money lose the desire to win as their personal wealth has substituted that professional attitude that’s expected and they simply clock-in not being that worried or loyal as they know they can almost go anywhere else.
Maybe,but it’s a bad shocking attitude to have.
Ronaldo & Messi still have the desire despite having a few bob in the bank.

People knocked Ronaldo for throwing a strop when Juve got knocked out of the CL.
I’d rather see that than players not caring.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure about that, Pep will be judged on trophies and the players share the same goal. You think he’ll be happy if they play nice football and not win anything? No chance.

You have missed the point - Pep was “judging” the Liverpool team on how they play as opposed to what they have won or how many points they have.

A manager will yes be judged on how they perform in regards trophies won

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Of course you can compare teams. It’s done all the time. I’m not basing my opinion of how good Liverpool are purely on a projected score total. It hadn’t even entered my mind. I’m basing it on watching them play.

Ok they may look easy on the eye compared to say a past Mourinho championship winning side but it’s not possible to say who is the better side.

Far too many variables to make meaningful comparisons.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now Dan, when you have stopped dancing for joy, would you still have Pogba in your team of the year 🤣🤣?

I know you don't judge a player based on one game but he disappears way too often. For someone who is supposed to be world class he just isn't in too many games.