And, we’re off.......2018/2019

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apologies, I forgot to take GD into account. The final table will finish........

Arsenal 77 points - Watford (3) Palace (3) Wolves (1) Leicester (1) Brighton (3) Burnley (3)

Spurs 77 points - Man City (0) Brighton (3) West Ham (3) Bournemouth (3) Everton (1)

Chelsea 74 points - Burnley (3) Man Utd (1) Watford (3) Leicester (1)

Man Utd 73 points - Everton (1) Man City (1) Chelsea (1) Huddersfield (3) Cardiff (3)

There you go Fundy, that's the first 3 points I predicted towards your CL qualification.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There to good at it now though, and refs are not making decisions they are scared of getting it wrong.
Should have been stamped out years ago.
VAR should be used for this. And a panel to look at them after the games.
But FA are not up to the job of stamping it out.

VAR or a panel wouldn’t make any difference, as we’ve seen with pundits, they’ll see the faintest of touches and excuse that as a foul and then say he had the right to go down!

Simulation or any exaggeration is becoming less punishable, we’re not seeing it booked whether touched or not.

If there’s no contact whatsoever, then a straight red should be shown, that’ll start to stop them practicing it on the training field with their little hitch kicks.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
went down easily for a self proclaimed hard man, but to claim Salah would be embarrassed, yeah right..........
Xhaka went down without being touched. Was embarrassing and worthy of a yellow for simulation. Arsenal made that so much harder than it should have been but a good three points. I do think England have a real issue with goalkeepers at the moment as all of the main contenders have a Foster like mistake in them. Trouble is where do we go from here? Who is coming through and playing at a top level regularly that could challenge in a season or two?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mrs in the first half said, ‘they need to slow down, they will be knackered” now she has just said”They are ‘eckin all over ‘em” she knows you you know!

D

Deleted member 1740

Ajax were superb in that 2nd half, thoroughly deserved to go through.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great display from Ajax they are a great team to watch.

Utd game was over after Keepers howler.

Unfortunately, like the Monaco team from a few years ago, the vultures will be circling and the "big" teams will be swooping in to dismantle the Ajax team - in fact it's already started with De Jong already on his way to Barca and De Ligt said to be following. I wonder how many of the Ajax team will still be there at the start of next season.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
He is a classless idiot

He isn’t in the same league as Messi on ability or class

Shown tonight that come into his yard at your peril
Hahaha

Messi has had many a strop when things don’t go his way. How many times has he quit Argentina now?
As to ability. Whether people think one or the other is better. To suggest one is clearly better is bias at best.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hahaha

Messi has had many a strop when things don’t go his way. How many times has he quit Argentina now?
As to ability. Whether people think one or the other is better. To suggest one is clearly better is bias at best.

I’ve seen both play in the flesh.. ronaldo many times at Upton Park and Messi aswell at Upton Park in a friendly for argie plus in a Barca game when in Spain

So I can judge them on what I’ve seen on tv and in the flesh

I stand by my statement

D

Deleted member 1740

Hahaha

Disagree with that Papas, I think Messi is on his own as the best, then Ronaldo just behind him.