And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’ve seen both play in the flesh.. ronaldo many times at Upton Park and Messi aswell at Upton Park in a friendly for argie plus in a Barca game when in Spain

So I can judge them on what I’ve seen on tv and in the flesh

I stand by my statement

What about the point of Messi’s strops for argentina? Do you accept he’s not the little angel some hold him up to be?
Not sure one game, and a friendly at that would be conclusive imo. But, I accept we don’t all have to agree.

I’ve only ever seen Ronaldo play live, albeit half a dozen times. Bit from that and on tv, I’d pick Ronaldo to pay in my team every week. Would pay a lot more to watch Messi play though.

Disagree with that Papas, I think Messi is on his own as the best, then Ronaldo just behind him.
That’s kinda my point though, others will say the exact opposite. For me they're so far ahead of the rest, but it’s paper thin between em.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ajax were brilliant in Turin last night. A Shame they may well go onto the final and then lose half their side for next season. They do seem to have a knack of bringing their youngsters through though. What do they do differently to English clubs?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ajax were brilliant in Turin last night. A Shame they may well go onto the final and then lose half their side for next season. They do seem to have a knack of bringing their youngsters through though. What do they do differently to English clubs?

Money isn’t it? They can’t attract the big name players so have to bring through youth

IMO it’s only reason West Ham and Southampton ever produced good youth talents was lack of money to buy them

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What about the point of Messi’s strops for argentina? Do you accept he’s not the little angel some hold him up to be?
Not sure one game, and a friendly at that would be conclusive imo. But, I accept we don’t all have to agree.

I’ve only ever seen Ronaldo play live, albeit half a dozen times. Bit from that and on tv, I’d pick Ronaldo to pay in my team every week. Would pay a lot more to watch Messi play though.

That’s kinda my point though, others will say the exact opposite. For me they're so far ahead of the rest, but it’s paper thin between em.

Messi May have a sulk now and again but ronaldo is a constant sulk

Remember him not celebrating bales goal in champs league? Almost looking angry the attention wasn’t on him

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Money isn’t it? They can’t attract the big name players so have to bring through youth

IMO it’s only reason West Ham and Southampton ever produced good youth talents was lack of money to buy them
Is it that simple? Ajax must get good money from CL qualification and progress each year and from all the transfer revenue so I can't see them being one of the poor sides in the Eridivise. Granted they may not get the real big names, but isn't that partly do to the lack of quality in the Dutch league more than anything else. They can certainly compete in Europe so that would be a plus for some players surely

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it that simple? Ajax must get good money from CL qualification and progress each year and from all the transfer revenue so I can't see them being one of the poor sides in the Eridivise. Granted they may not get the real big names, but isn't that partly do to the lack of quality in the Dutch league more than anything else. They can certainly compete in Europe so that would be a plus for some players surely

They get money yes but they can’t attract the bigger players per say

They make them

I mean West Ham spent 35 million on Anderson.. have javier Hernandez and spent 20 million on a young french cb

And we are rubbish!

Don’t see Ajax spending that

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Here you go homer

Ajax transfer record signing... £14.7 million

We spent that on Andy Carroll who is set to leave on a free

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Messi May have a sulk now and again but ronaldo is a constant sulk

Remember him not celebrating bales goal in champs league? Almost looking angry the attention wasn’t on him
I'm certain Ronaldo wants centre stage. I just dont how lots of people hold messi up as this thing for all to aspire to.

Tbf, I've seen more than enough reports of the charitable work to belive his persona on the pitch is almost part of what makes him the player his is, but off the pitch his completely different.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's lucky it's football and not another sport where match fixing is rife

De Gea's howler, using Phil Jones to mark Messi, any other sport and they would be asking questions??

Anyone checked Ole's Bet Fred account?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm certain Ronaldo wants centre stage. I just dont how lots of people hold messi up as this thing for all to aspire to.

Tbf, I've seen more than enough reports of the charitable work to belive his persona on the pitch is almost part of what makes him the player his is, but off the pitch his completely different.

Can’t use charity work to get an idea of anyone though really can you. Not in the same league at all but tiger woods charity work.. jimmy saville fixed a lot of things.. tiger is a serial cheat and the later we will not give any words. Both great charity work tho!!

So I wouldn’t use ronaldos Charity work to balance what a dick he appears on the pitch

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Can’t use charity work to get an idea of anyone though really can you. Not in the same league at all but tiger woods charity work.. jimmy saville fixed a lot of things.. tiger is a serial cheat and the later we will not give any words. Both great charity work tho!!

So I wouldn’t use ronaldos Charity work to balance what a dick he appears on the pitch

Are you really comparing adultery and arrogance to a sex offender?

I'm out.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are you really comparing adultery and arrogance to a sex offender?

I'm out.

No. I’m saying you can’t use charity work to say someone’s a good person.

I’m not saying ronaldo is . I’m saying I wouldn’t count charity work as part of any calculation

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
No. I’m saying you can’t use charity work to say someone’s a good person.

I’m not saying ronaldo is . I’m saying I wouldn’t count charity work as part of any calculation

So you can count bad (arrogance) things to decide someone's bad, but not use other things to counter it?

Lets be honest. Arrroagance is nothing compared the acts many other sports stars have done and yet Ronaldo is made out to be worse then many others.

This is like a Nicklaus/woods or Xbox/PlayStation argument. People to entrenched in their views to discuss.

4LEX

Visit site
Oles at the wheeeeeeeeel......only problem is it's the wheel of the Titanic :ROFLMAO:

Embarassing from Man Utd. This Barcelona side isn't actually top class but they were showboating after 30 minutes of a CL quarter final second leg which says it all. I don't think they even got out of second gear in either game.

I know I got some stick for my view on Man Utd a few weeks ago but everything was spot on. The competition in England is so high and Man Utd's answer is the former manager of Molde and Cardiff City plus a star player who goes missing in almost every big game :unsure:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not sure if it is fake news or not. But remember the plank who run onto the pitch and hit grealish from behind. Well ave just been sent a photo which said he was released from Prison yesterday and the Villa fans have caught up with him. Well, lets just say his face is carved open from mouth to ear.