And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've seen some dodgy opinions on here, but wow. Kane is one of the best forwards in the world. Not just his ability to score from any situation, but his all round play. Even his 40-50 yard long balls are better than most midfielders. He's getting 25-30 goals a season in the hardest league in the world, and with glass ankles. If he went to Spain he'd be getting 40 goals a season, minimum.
I didn't say he was crap, just the most over-rated. If he was that good, Spurs would do better with him in their team, but all the stats say they don't. Why is that do you think?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't say he was crap, just the most over-rated. If he was that good, Spurs would do better with him in their team, but all the stats say they don't. Why is that do you think?
There are multiple factors, it is a team game after all. If he's in the side and we don't create chances for him, is that his fault or the team's? His return coincided with our poor form but he actually scored our goal in two defeats plus the draw against Arsenal, so I don't think you can pin it on him.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are multiple factors, it is a team game after all. If he's in the side and we don't create chances for him, is that his fault or the team's? His return coincided with our poor form but he actually scored our goal in two defeats plus the draw against Arsenal, so I don't think you can pin it on him.
I was going o the stats I saw the other day, encompassing the total number of games played with and without Kane. I seem to remember it was a good 20% difference.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was going o the stats I saw the other day, encompassing the total number of games played with and without Kane. I seem to remember it was a good 20% difference.
Football is a bit more complicated than that mate. You can't just say 'Spurs lost with Kane, ergo Kane makes them worse', that's just false reductionism. I'm saying there multiple other possible factors that's all. For example, if Lloris made a blunder in every defeat Kane played in, would you say Kane's presence made him make the mistakes? Probably not.

D

Deleted member 18121

Perhaps it's me, but I see Kane as the most over-rated player in the Premiership. I also think Spurs play better as a team without him.

I dont see it that way, I think he's absolute quality and I'd love him in the Liverpool team..... he'd be scoring even more than he does at Spurs!

Honestly though, I see him in Spain next season.

D

Deleted member 1418

First and foremost, Harry Kane is a quality player. Ignore this season and those stats that show results wise Spurs have done better without him - he's been their best and most important player over the last few seasons; every other team in the top 6 would want him in their side and IMO, possibly City aside given they've got Aguero, he'd be in the starting line-up every week for Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal.

I do believe though that he's at an interesting point in his career. If as Orikoru suggests Spurs continue with this policy of taking a punt on a) their youth players; and b) looking at young players with potential, if next season all they're playing for is top 4 and a CL spot at the business end of the season, does he put loyalty and his obvious love for Spurs above career ambition? If the former then he could end up in a similar to situation to the likes of Gazza and Shearer who both should've gone to United under Fergie and achieved far more in their careers.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This seems to have slipped under the radar but Diego Costa was sent off recently for abusing a ref. He has just been banned for 8 games. That is how you deal with dissent in the game (unless of course he just fancied a really long summer holiday and the officials have just played into his hands)

4LEX

Visit site
Anyone seen the 'best midfielder in the world' lately?! Unsurprisingly Man Utd have had a few tough games and Pogba is back to his usual level of posing and pointless hollywood flicks and passes. Probably Mourinho's fault somehow :unsure:

Have to say Barcelona were as poor as I've seen them, complete with a half fit Messi and still strolled to a win.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Anyone seen the 'best midfielder in the world' lately?! Unsurprisingly Man Utd have had a few tough games and Pogba is back to his usual level of posing and pointless hollywood flicks and passes. Probably Mourinho's fault somehow :unsure:

Have to say Barcelona were as poor as I've seen them, complete with a half fit Messi and still strolled to a win.
Read a piece today that says Ollie is getting tired of Pogbas antics. Think it could well be an interesting and busy summer season at Utd re the transfer market. Hope they are not going to try and buy success 😳🤔😁

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and they won with a flukey own goal!
Strolled, my arse.

D

Deleted member 18121

Incredible news coming out of Chelsea tonight about the Salah video. When will these idiots learn.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Incredible news coming out of Chelsea tonight about the Salah video. When will these idiots learn.
Assume you mean this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47902288 . Any idiots like this need a life ban from football and for it to be enforced. Get them to report to the cop shop anytime a game is on in any division and make sure they can't enter a ground again

Lyle77

Visit site
Chelsea have always had a far right racist element that has followed them going back through the years. This latest disgraceful incident in Prague follows a sadly familiar pattern overshadowing a victory abroad.