And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
South East London for Sydenham, just into South West for Streatham.
TBH, the most entertaining thing to come out of Streatham was Cynthia Payne:):)
I use to drink in the same boozer as her when my old man had a printing firm in Streatham. She was in early evening most nights when I use to rock up and meet him. Great racontuer and very intelligent lady. Too late to trade in my luncheon vouchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bt really trying to big up the game

Barca have an away goal.. doesn’t matter if they don’t look their best or Messi is having an off day.. they could lose 2-1 and they will still go through

It’s all about that away goal

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Almost everyone (myself included) thought the same about PSG and we all know how that one turned out. I'm not saying that they will do it again but it's certainly possible.

Barca are another level from PSG tho. They are arguably the best team in the world. even on an off day they have got the job done

They will score 4 next week no doubt

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anyone think he's now played his last game for spurs?

I've got a feeling he has, plus if the rumours about eriksen are true then it could be an interesting summer.
lol what? Kane loves Poch, Poch is staying so Kane will stay for now. The only players I reckon will go this summer are Alderweireld and Eriksen. They will be difficult to replace, but not impossible, and I think Kane would be impossible to replace on our budget.

Joking aside, how serious is the Deli Alli injury though. ☹️
Apparently he may have broken his hand or wrist, but they can put a thin cast on and he could just carry on playing with it. Like Vardy if you remember Leicester's title winning season, he had a cast on his wrist for like half of it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
lol what? Kane loves Poch, Poch is staying so Kane will stay for now. The only players I reckon will go this summer are Alderweireld and Eriksen. They will be difficult to replace, but not impossible, and I think Kane would be impossible to replace

I think you'd find it almost impossible to replace Eriksen and I reckon Kane will need to leave if he wants to win something as I see Spurs just about maxing out their ability level

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you'd find it almost impossible to replace Eriksen and I reckon Kane will need to leave if he wants to win something as I see Spurs just about maxing out their ability level
He's not going to leave now when we've just got the new stadium. Well, certainly not if we qualify for the Champions League, but if we miss out he may be tempted. But I still think he'll stay at least a season. We might need to actually spend a bit of cash to convince him though. We'll need to replace Toby & Eriksen if they leave, and we still need to replace Mousa Dembele most importantly. That will be very difficult as well. Because of the way we operate we kind of have to gamble on bringing in a youngster with highly rated potential rather than spending big on the finished article. We've been heavily linked to Grealish for example, who could be the next Eriksen, or he might find the step up too difficult. But that is the route we'll go down.

D

Deleted member 1418

We've been heavily linked to Grealish for example, who could be the next Eriksen, or he might find the step up too difficult. But that is the route we'll go down.

Serious questions - if that's the route you will go down, how long before that brand new, huge, stadium isn't being filled every week?

How can you expect to compete for trophies if all you're doing is bringing in players who have potential and may be able to make it in the Premiership? Surely one of the benefits to generating more revenue on match day is being able to compete with others for the £40 to £50 million players?

Other wise you'll end up going down the Arsenal route under Wenger of 'top four will do'.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Serious questions - if that's the route you will go down, how long before that brand new, huge, stadium isn't being filled every week?

How can you expect to compete for trophies if all you're doing is bringing in players who have potential and may be able to make it in the Premiership? Surely one of the benefits to generating more revenue on match day is being able to compete with others for the £40 to £50 million players?

Other wise you'll end up going down the Arsenal route under Wenger of 'top four will do'.
Yeah but not immediately. I'm talking about this summer. I'd love for us to start bringing in world class players, I'm just saying I doubt Levy is suddenly going to completely change character just because the stadium is finished. In fairness we have done well in the past with it, Son was only £24mil or so, Eriksen was 12, Toby was 11, etc. Sissoko was around 30m and was pony for 18 months but has become an important player now. So it can be done, it's just not going to work out every time obviously.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yeah but not immediately. I'm talking about this summer. I'd love for us to start bringing in world class players, I'm just saying I doubt Levy is suddenly going to completely change character just because the stadium is finished. In fairness we have done well in the past with it, Son was only £24mil or so, Eriksen was 12, Toby was 11, etc. Sissoko was around 30m and was pony for 18 months but has become an important player now. So it can be done, it's just not going to work out every time obviously.

To keep Kane you probably dont have the time to build with cheap young players and then see them mature, Kane has at best one more season of looking to finish 4th. Levy wont spend enough, if he wasn't so tight you'd have been in the new stadium on time too!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To keep Kane you probably dont have the time to build with cheap young players and then see them mature, Kane has at best one more season of looking to finish 4th. Levy wont spend enough, if he wasn't so tight you'd have been in the new stadium on time too!
Perhaps it's me, but I see Kane as the most over-rated player in the Premiership. I also think Spurs play better as a team without him.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thought that Maddison was in line to replace Ericson?
As for Kane, he's injury prone and is currently at his highest possible value. Plus, spurs play better without him. This summer is the time to flog him on.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps it's me, but I see Kane as the most over-rated player in the Premiership. I also think Spurs play better as a team without him.
I've seen some dodgy opinions on here, but wow. Kane is one of the best forwards in the world. Not just his ability to score from any situation, but his all round play. Even his 40-50 yard long balls are better than most midfielders. He's getting 25-30 goals a season in the hardest league in the world, and with glass ankles. If he went to Spain he'd be getting 40 goals a season, minimum.

Thought that Maddison was in line to replace Ericson?
As for Kane, he's injury prone and is currently at his highest possible value. Plus, spurs play better without him. This summer is the time to flog him on.
That does sound like the kind of player we'd go for (Maddison). He'll cost loads though because of English tax.
I wouldn't say we 'play better without' Kane. We just coped fine without him because Son was on fire - and a couple of the results were scraped with late winners. Kane returned and we lost some games, but I think that was coincidence and largely down to Son and Eriksen's tiredness at having carried the team for weeks.