And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

What a game last night. Penalty was an absolute joke - well, perhaps by the rules it's a pen, but the handball rule is a joke currently, and exacerbated by VAR. He's lunging to block it, your arms have to go somewhere, and his was actually going to the ground to support himself. Watching Aguero take it, I genuinely felt he lacked conviction in the strike purely because the penalty was so dubious, but I could be wrong there. Hugo has gone from never saving a pen in living memory to saving his last 3!

I felt we played well though, City didn't dominate as you'd expect them to, they seemed a bit reluctant to really bomb forward which is unlike them. Their main gameplan seemed to be to try and foul us off the park. Eventually Delph managed to knobble Kane, Delph really is a nasty piece of work. Don't know how he escaped a card for that. Fernandinho should have been off as well (but that seems to be a weekly occurrence). Heung-Min Son is so brilliant though, fantastic goal. Winning the home leg and keeping a clean sheet is all you can ask for, second leg will still be a huge challenge of course. If we can nick an away goal we're in the driving seat, but if they score early then all the work from the first leg is undone.

Sorry but that’s complete nonsense- only one person at fault for Kanes injury and that’s Kane , heard them say this morning that it’s the same ankle that he had injured before and comes back early from. Spurs got better results when he was injured last time - maybe it’s going to happen again.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok, I see where you're all coming from, and yes having seen the video in isolation it doesn't look as bad as I thought. I was influenced by the fact it came after watching them kick lumps out of Kane all game. And Delph is a nasty piece of work, he is never shy about leaving his studs in. All that context aside, I concede that this incident does just look unfortunate.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saw some highlights of both games Spurs/City in the balance.

Liverpool will get a goal in Porto but thought Porto should have had a penalty and looked as though they could get a goal at home.

Salah should have been sent off pretty bad challenge.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok, I see where you're all coming from, and yes having seen the video in isolation it doesn't look as bad as I thought. I was influenced by the fact it came after watching them kick lumps out of Kane all game. And Delph is a nasty piece of work, he is never shy about leaving his studs in. All that context aside, I concede that this incident does just look unfortunate.
I can feel the pain in your typing. What is the equivalent of typing through gritted teeth? :D

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
unfortunate? Pochetino spent the rest of the game having a go at Delph, the guy he should be having a go at was in the changing room having just risked your season. What on earth is he doing putting his bad ankle into a pointless challenge he cant win on the half way line? Delph kicked the ball and then his foot landed yet some want to blame him for Kane having his foot where Delph naturally landed

do you hit a golf ball and the club instantly stops? why do people suddenly think footballers can kick a ball and instantly stop?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the pitch was partly to blame for the Kane injury last night.

Several players losing their footing all night, seems like the turf is really slippy and dangerous. Hopefully will settle down by itself if not can see them relaying that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or, that should be an easy team talk. Now the moaning club will be a laughing stock, rightly so.

I'm with Sydenham on this, wherever the hell Sydenham is. Classic amateur sport bit of banter and Streatham have failed.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or, that should be an easy team talk. Now the moaning club will be a laughing stock, rightly so.

I'm with Sydenham on this, wherever the hell Sydenham is. Classic amateur sport bit of banter and Streatham have failed.
South East London for Sydenham, just into South West for Streatham.
TBH, the most entertaining thing to come out of Streatham was Cynthia Payne:):)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Don't think your comment re Delph is to far out, his problem is at times he is caught well out of position and his attempts at trying to recover have ended up with him picking the best shower before everyone else.

Tashyboy

Visit site
unfortunate? Pochetino spent the rest of the game having a go at Delph, the guy he should be having a go at was in the changing room having just risked your season. What on earth is he doing putting his bad ankle into a pointless challenge he cant win on the half way line? Delph kicked the ball and then his foot landed yet some want to blame him for Kane having his foot where Delph naturally landed

do you hit a golf ball and the club instantly stops? why do people suddenly think footballers can kick a ball and instantly stop?

Which kind of describes my swing at times. 😖

D

Deleted member 18121

Tottenham's win rate with Kane is 58%.
Tottenham's win rate without Kane is 75%.
Maybe he's done Spurs a favour.

Does anyone think he's now played his last game for spurs?

I've got a feeling he has, plus if the rumours about eriksen are true then it could be an interesting summer.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Tottenham's win rate with Kane is 58%.
Tottenham's win rate without Kane is 75%.
Maybe he's done Spurs a favour.

Once more the little things are not going Citys way 😂😂😂😂😂

Joking aside, how serious is the Deli Alli injury though. ☹️

D

Deleted member 15344

Well that’s a good use of VAR , cleared up very quickly and the arch enemy scores