And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

This is key. I recently read from someone at Spurs that we report actual attendance (i.e. fans through the turnstiles on the day), while some other clubs report number of seats sold, which is false data if a lot of them don't then turn up. So tables like the one above are pretty useless. I imagine City are one of the ones doing dodgy reporting since we've all seen how empty their stadium normally is, yet according to that they are 98% full every week. :unsure:
Why is it dodgy reporting? Surely income is based on ticket sales.
All clubs publish tickets sold, whether they also publish those that turn up is up to them.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
All clubs publish tickets sold, whether they also publish those that turn up is up to them.
They are two quite separate things though. Tickets sold is what matters the most as that is income. People on the day matters as well though and that is the true % full figure.

There are plenty of clubs where people keep a season ticket yet go to few matchs as they know if they give it up they my not get one again. They are protecting their seat for the future or are happy to accept the price for going to half the matches, or whatever figure it is. It would be nice to see a turnstile figure as well as a tickets sold figure.

D

Deleted member 15344

The % full category is the one that interests me there. Pretty impressive but in particular for West Ham who have jumped a size in stadium.

The column missing, we are never likely to see it, is how many people actually are at each match, not just tickets sold.

All in all, good figures

Most clubs now record “footfall” with the tickets scanned through the gates , a couple of clubs - Arsenal and City are two that announce the attendance as the tickets sold and not the footfall - hence a few times both clubs announce the attendance is near full for the game but you can see there are clearly a significant amount of empty seats

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because clubs are reporting two different things and they're getting put in the same table??

The clue is in the word - 'attendance'. It's supposed to be how many people actually attend.

D

Deleted member 16999

Because clubs are reporting two different things and they're getting put in the same table??

The clue is in the word - 'attendance'. It's supposed to be how many people actually attend.
Were does it say they are doing the bit in bold? Were’s your proof of that?They have to inform the local council/Police how many are expected to attend so they can ensure there is enough safety cover etc, they therefore do it in advance on tickets sold, the Club therefore can do no other but that.
If fans don’t turn up for whatever reason they have still sold X amount of tickets.
They can’t state we’ve sold 40,000 but only expect 35,000 so we’ll sell another 5,000 tickets or we’ve sold 40,000 tickets can we have policing for 35,000 please.

D

Deleted member 16999

Many clubs will have restrictions placed on them for midweek games etc... This doesn't appear to be reflected in the list...
The table is from the official figures supplied by Clubs for every home game.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Were does it say they are doing the bit in bold? Were’s your proof of that?They have to inform the local council/Police how many are expected to attend so they can ensure there is enough safety cover etc, they therefore do it in advance on tickets sold, the Club therefore can do no other but that.
If fans don’t turn up for whatever reason they have still sold X amount of tickets.
They can’t state we’ve sold 40,000 but only expect 35,000 so we’ll sell another 5,000 tickets or we’ve sold 40,000 tickets can we have policing for 35,000 please.
My proof is the bit where it says the Emptyhad is 98% full. :ROFLMAO:

But as LiverpoolPhil said, it's been well known this season that clubs report attendance figures differently. I don't know why you're bringing the police into it, what they tell the police might be totally different to what the table shows.

D

Deleted member 1418

Whatever system is used you're never going to get an accurate picture.

For example the seasons where Reading won the Championship and were in the Premiership, I never paid for a ticket - or even had a physical ticket! - whenever I went to their home games (in fact there were a few games where I never actually made it out of the players lounge!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So I was in 'attendance' but probably never registered on any system!

D

Deleted member 16999

My proof is the bit where it says the Emptyhad is 98% full. :ROFLMAO:

But as LiverpoolPhil said, it's been well known this season that clubs report attendance figures differently. I don't know why you're bringing the police into it, what they tell the police might be totally different to what the table shows.
Not interested what someone I have on ignore says, that’s irrelevant.
I posted a table I found interesting, the source of the figures is the official figures released by the Clubs, you’ve jumped in disagreeing with it on a gut feeling.
I brought the Police in to it as Clubs pay for Police presence, they pay against the amount of Police required based on tickets sold, if half of the ticket holders don’t turn up the club have still sold the same amount of tickets! I’m sure no Club are willing to pay for extra Policing just to make their attendance figure look better!

You can play statistics any way you wish.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Next year they are introducing a new system to try and combat this.

Past few years anyone not going, could make their ticket available back to the club, they resell it and donate all monies to the local Peace Hospice - it gets used but nowhere near enough.
Everton sell unused tickets via Stubhub, Stubhub even have a set up within the club ticket office on match day. This means that season ticket holders that can't make a game can get something for their ticket, the club get a true full ground, better atmosphere etc. I don't know how the money split works but it makes sense to me. Going through them also means that people can buy knowing the ticket is legit.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not interested what someone I have on ignore says, that’s irrelevant.
I posted a table I found interesting, the source of the figures is the official figures released by the Clubs, you’ve jumped in disagreeing with it on a gut feeling.
I brought the Police in to it as Clubs pay for Police presence, they pay against the amount of Police required based on tickets sold, if half of the ticket holders don’t turn up the club have still sold the same amount of tickets! I’m sure no Club are willing to pay for extra Policing just to make their attendance figure look better!

You can play statistics any way you wish.
It's not gut feeling, it is known that clubs report the figures differently. Arsenal and Man City give 'attendance' as number of tickets sold, which is factually inaccurate because you don't know how many attended.

The figures in that table are meant to be for 'attendance'. That means how many people attended. The clubs could not possibly give the attendance to the police when the game hasn't happened yet. So on that basis ALL clubs have to tell the police number of tickets sold as that's the only info they have. It is nothing to do with your table which reportedly shows 'attendance'.

As always you're arguing around the houses against something which is very simple. Attendance and number of tickets sold are two different things, and two major clubs are incorrectly reporting 'tickets sold' as 'attendance', rendering the table you posted inaccurate. End of.

D

Deleted member 16999

This is key. I recently read from someone at Spurs that we report actual attendance (i.e. fans through the turnstiles on the day), while some other clubs report number of seats sold, which is false data if a lot of them don't then turn up. So tables like the one above are pretty useless. I imagine City are one of the ones doing dodgy reporting since we've all seen how empty their stadium normally is, yet according to that they are 98% full every week. :unsure:
Here’s a link you might like.
Maybe your own Club are no better than a few others.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45158878

D

Deleted member 16999

It's not gut feeling, it is known that clubs report the figures differently. Arsenal and Man City give 'attendance' as number of tickets sold, which is factually inaccurate because you don't know how many attended.

The figures in that table are meant to be for 'attendance'. That means how many people attended. The clubs could not possibly give the attendance to the police when the game hasn't happened yet. So on that basis ALL clubs have to tell the police number of tickets sold as that's the only info they have. It is nothing to do with your table which reportedly shows 'attendance'.

As always you're arguing around the houses against something which is very simple. Attendance and number of tickets sold are two different things, and two major clubs are incorrectly reporting 'tickets sold' as 'attendance', rendering the table you posted inaccurate. End of.
I put the picture up with no comment, it’s you disputing and arguing it and again you’re living in a glass house or is the BBC article a lie? :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16999

Surely you put it up for discussion purposes like anything else? Otherwise you wanted everybody to simply ignore it? :unsure:
But yet my discussion points are accussed of arguing? So are WE discussing or arguing?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But yet my discussion points are accussed of arguing? So are WE discussing or arguing?
You are the most annoying person to discuss anything with, you're like a politician. :LOL: All I've done is tell you the figures are inaccurate and why, and you won't have it, so let's move on.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Be interesting to see what West Hams % full figure will be next year, A lot of the "Sold" tickets are the £99 kids season tickets which a lot of people bought on the off chance they might need it. This was one off the tactics of the salesmen when we was buying our seats at the Olympic Park. I could have bought as many of them as i liked!

The Club have kept them tickets at that price for two seasons, that's why sometimes there are 1000s of empty seats, even though the attendance shows 58000. Next year them tickets are going up to £198. I won't be renewing the one i have, my youngest has been 3 times this year, be interesting to see how many follow suit.

D

Deleted member 16999

You are the most annoying person to discuss anything with, you're like a politician. :LOL: All I've done is tell you the figures are inaccurate and why, and you won't have it, so let's move on.
What’s annoying is the fact I published a table compiled from official club figures, funnily enough those figures match all the clubs websites, you’ve come on disputing some clubs and praising your own with no more than hearsay and I’m at fault, if you’re going to disprove something then produce facts, even the 2nd link I put up shows your club does exactly the same thing you’re mocking other clubs for.
Maybe it’s time you played the post rather than the poster.

D

Deleted member 16999

Be interesting to see what West Hams % full figure will be next year, A lot of the "Sold" tickets are the £99 kids season tickets which a lot of people bought on the off chance they might need it. This was one off the tactics of the salesmen when we was buying our seats at the Olympic Park. I could have bought as many of them as i liked!

The Club have kept them tickets at that price for two seasons, that's why sometimes there are 1000s of empty seats, even though the attendance shows 58000. Next year them tickets are going up to £198. I won't be renewing the one i have, my youngest has been 3 times this year, be interesting to see how many follow suit.
We’re all old enough and wise enough to understand how clubs work, it’s a business (sadly) after all.