And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Insane how Wolves have thrown this away, they looked fully comfortable. I was hoping Wolves would go through so we'd actually have a decent final - their record against the big teams with their counter attack has been decent, whereas I can see Watford getting spanked 3 or 4 nil against City. But still, fair play to them for this comeback. Has been a great game for the neutrals as they say. Wonder why Deulofeu didn't start?

Surprisingly I read today the club with the best record against the sides outside the top 6 this season is Watford, Wolves were 6th best.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well done Watford for a great comeback but I do like watching Wolves so a bit gutted they didn't make the final, as agree with others, I think they were likely to give city a bigger test.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What a great semi final for the neutral and a sublime goal from Gerard Deulofeu. Good penalty by Deeney under that pressure too. Good win for Everton and makes a dent in Arsenals CL aspirations. Still that huge gap between the big six and the rest

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well done Watford for a great comeback but I do like watching Wolves so a bit gutted they didn't make the final, as agree with others, I think they were likely to give city a bigger test.
If City don't start to up there game, Accrington Stanley could test us.

D

Deleted member 1740

I've only just seen the result, how did Wolves lose that??

I went out for a run just after wolves' 2nd.

Are Watford guarenteed europa league now next season?

D

Deleted member 15344

I've only just seen the result, how did Wolves lose that??

I went out for a run just after wolves' 2nd.

Are Watford guarenteed europa league now next season?

No mate - the FA Cup spot will go to the team that finishes 7th I believe

D

Deleted member 1418

Was at Wembley this afternoon supporting Watford as they're our local team and we'd get tickets via the school.

As a game of football, it was dire - very low on actual quality - but as a spectacle was amazing. Incredible comeback by Watford and will go down as one of the best semi finals.

But can only see it as being a one-sided final and unfortunately City picking up a domestic treble. 😡😭

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Was at Wembley this afternoon supporting Watford as they're our local team and we'd get tickets via the school.

As a game of football, it was dire - very low on actual quality - but as a spectacle was amazing. Incredible comeback by Watford and will go down as one of the best semi finals.

But can only see it as being a one-sided final and unfortunately City picking up a domestic treble. 😡😭

I was at the 1984 final which was a pretty awful game!

D

Deleted member 1740

Hopefully its only the domestic cup double, we'd never hear the last of it if they won the treble 😉

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Insane how Wolves have thrown this away, they looked fully comfortable. I was hoping Wolves would go through so we'd actually have a decent final - their record against the big teams with their counter attack has been decent, whereas I can see Watford getting spanked 3 or 4 nil against City. But still, fair play to them for this comeback. Has been a great game for the neutrals as they say. Wonder why Deulofeu didn't start?
:unsure::eek:
:censored:
:oops::censored:

:geek::cool:;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hopefully its only the domestic cup double, we'd never hear the last of it if they won the treble 😉
Nah your talking about City fans, if we won the treble we would be saying in July that we could still screw it up in "typical" City style.

D

Deleted member 1418

Piece, you have to accept these comments now your a massive club like City 😁👍

I think most neutrals would agree that - from a purely football perspective - wasn't the best quality.

Fortunately Duelofeu came on and with him the class and quality the game needed. Both his goals were fantastic - shame he went off injured so fingers crossed he's ok for Watford's run-in and the final. Seen him a few times for Watford and he's always looked good.

But for pure entertainment and drama, wow; incredible; I cannot remember watching an FA Cup semi final that even comes close. Both sets of fans also created a fantastic atmosphere too.

Really hope Watford win it - what a chapter they'll write in FA Cup history if they do.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think most neutrals would agree that - from a purely football perspective - wasn't the best quality.

Fortunately Duelofeu came on and with him the class and quality the game needed. Both his goals were fantastic - shame he went off injured so fingers crossed he's ok for Watford's run-in and the final. Seen him a few times for Watford and he's always looked good.

But for pure entertainment and drama, wow; incredible; I cannot remember watching an FA Cup semi final that even comes close. Both sets of fans also created a fantastic atmosphere too.

Really hope Watford win it - what a chapter they'll write in FA Cup history if they do.

Yes, this. It was unbelievable. Ten mins before KO, with our flags and the Wolves tifo was simply sensational. And ALL in good, competitive nature between the fans - personally, I didn't see anything untoward.

The important thing? Making memories. My two boys (9, 11) said it was the best day ever. That'll do for me. :love:

D

Deleted member 1418

Yes, this. It was unbelievable. Ten mins before KO, with our flags and the Wolves tifo was simply sensational. And ALL in good, competitive nature between the fans - personally, I didn't see anything untoward.

The important thing? Making memories. My two boys (9, 11) said it was the best day ever. That'll do for me. :love:

Yes the Watford flags and the Wolves tifo was fantastic.

There was a bit of nastiness near us when the Watford equaliser went in and some Wolves fans took exception to a bit of goading from the Watford fans, resulting in the usual hand and 'come on then' gestures. However one Wolves fan made more than one 'slit throat' gesture to someone in our section - shame when there were loads of kids around us, including my 11 year old who got a bit worried by it. But the stewards dealt with that idiot.

And on the walk back to Wembley Park both sets of fans mingled without any trouble at all and we're impeccably behaved.

Piece - hope your lads have even better memories of the final.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The % full category is the one that interests me there. Pretty impressive but in particular for West Ham who have jumped a size in stadium.

The column missing, we are never likely to see it, is how many people actually are at each match, not just tickets sold.

All in all, good figures

D

Deleted member 16999

The % full category is the one that interests me there. Pretty impressive but in particular for West Ham who have jumped a size in stadium.

The column missing, we are never likely to see it, is how many people actually are at each match, not just tickets sold.

All in all, good figures
But unless a ticket is released for resale the Club have still “sold” the ticket.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

All in all, good figures
This is key. I recently read from someone at Spurs that we report actual attendance (i.e. fans through the turnstiles on the day), while some other clubs report number of seats sold, which is false data if a lot of them don't then turn up. So tables like the one above are pretty useless. I imagine City are one of the ones doing dodgy reporting since we've all seen how empty their stadium normally is, yet according to that they are 98% full every week. :unsure: