And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Pin-seeker

Visit site
This cough splutter, for a team that don't spend a lot on players 😉 They spend a lot on agents. A hell of a lot of money going out of the game.

You’d expect top agents to make good wage,but the sums they get is crazy.

That’s probably got a lot to do with why players choose certain clubs over others.

Think I’d be a bit ballsed off if I was a player knowing how much an agent was making out of the deal.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Pogba must be on a total figure, not just headline, close to Sanchez. Lukaku would not have gone for that fee to only get peanuts, De Gea is holding out, rightly, for Sanchez money. Utd's wage bill will not be solved by only moving on Sanchez. Those are only the ones that spring to mind. Obviously, there will likely be other whoppers on there and that bill will only go up if they fail to get CL as they have to offer more to attract players. Saying all of that, Utd generate a lot of money so they can probably cover it all. Whether it offers value for money is another matter though.

“Solved”?

What needs to be solved? As high as it is we can afford it with ease.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Can’t see yernited coming off the top of this table, even if Ole is reportedly offloading around 6 players but then looking to spend big.

View attachment 27006
there was summat about that table that didn't seem right on reading when I first saw it. Ave now got the answer. City only bought one player during the summer. Riyad Mahrez, just read on Manchester evening news that City paid £24 million in agent fees. Cough bloody splutter.
Apparantly the Premier league are upset to say the least and are looking at changing the way Agents are paid. At the moment agents charge both selling and buying club for the sale of a player. If that is stopped it will save millions.

D

Deleted member 18121

Southampton well up for this and making us look bang average, glad we're in at 1-1.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well that’s a tough game , Southampton been playing well and again played well tonight - superb when Hendo came , brilliant from him and finally Mo gets his 50th

Heard something interesting about the first goal - they said that because the play went through another 3 phases VAR wouldn’t have ruled the first Liverpool goal out ? Seems strange.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well that’s a tough game , Southampton been playing well and again played well tonight - superb when Hendo came , brilliant from him and finally Mo gets his 50th

Heard something interesting about the first goal - they said that because the play went through another 3 phases VAR wouldn’t have ruled the first Liverpool goal out ? Seems strange.

If that’s the case then that’s another thing to keep it way. It’s not like we didn’t appeal it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We looked good with the ball but wide open in middle when Saints had the ball.
Guy who headed it on for Longs goal ran 50yds not one player tracked him.
Sloppy balls giving it away again.
Second half much better , faster , put our chances away.
Hendo made a big difference, good subs by Klopp.
Deserved the win but made work of it.
Credit to saints they played well, but lack a striker longs miss at 1-1 was poor.
Had a laugh Saints players complaining to ref about time wasting when they spent the first 80 mins wasting as much time as they could.
Reds complaining then doing it for the last 10+.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thought Southampton really made Liverpool work for that win and did really well for 80 minutes but a bit of quality done for them. City into the cup final and the quadruple still on but I am sure Pep would settle for a PL/CL double (or indeed either would be seen as a good season). Good result for Burnley today. Huddersfield making Fulham look average!!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thought Southampton really made Liverpool work for that win and did really well for 80 minutes but a bit of quality done for them. City into the cup final and the quadruple still on but I am sure Pep would settle for a PL/CL double (or indeed either would be seen as a good season). Good result for Burnley today. Huddersfield making Fulham look average!!

Homer watching City the last month or so and I don't know if I should be worried. We're winning but it looks strictly second gear pace only. Don't know if we have another gear or we are playing within ourselves. Watch this space.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
hard to know whats been worse so far, the defending or the acting ffs

horrid horrid line up with our best 2 players sat on the bench (and no i dont mean iwobi!), mhiki and ozil just a liability in this sort of game and the weakest midfield weve put out for some time

battle between Sokratis and Lacazette for the worst actor award so far

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Arsenal still look soft, Emre has to sort that in the summer.

The Everton midfield is looking strong but we still don't work the keeper much and if we are not careful arsenal could get one back. We really should be 2 up now, based on play, not chances.