And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Spurs are the only team in England with a 100% home record this season. :cool:
Look impressive but as they said on BBC news it needs the big games so CL qualification year on year is a necessity. To do this, going forward they have to spend and strengthen. Given the tightness of the top five now (that loss really hurt United's CL chances) its no guarantee they'll be in the CL next season

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not really. I know you mean that the Totts have finally got a home, etc, and so on. Happy for you. No, really.

It pees all over prem rules, but they have allowed it, and set a really poor precedent for the next ones to build a stadium.
The rule needs removing, as it is toothless.
Overreaction. I still don't really see how it makes much difference. Half the people saying it benefits us to move mid-season because of the boost, half the people saying it hinders us because of period of adjustment. If we don't even know if it's good or bad how about we just move on and get on with it.

D

Deleted member 1418

Generally delighted for Spurs fans that their new stadium is fantastic - finally something to distract from the fact the area surrounding it is an absolute 💩 hole!! 😉😂😂

Must have been an amazing night for them though as well against the mighty Crystal Palace - the fireworks, the celebrations, the incredible atmosphere. Christ knows how they'll react if they actually won something!!! 😉😂😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Generally delighted for Spurs fans that their new stadium is fantastic - finally something to distract from the fact the area surrounding it is an absolute 💩 hole!! 😉😂😂

Must have been an amazing night for them though as well against the mighty Crystal Palace - the fireworks, the celebrations, the incredible atmosphere. Christ knows how they'll react if they actually won something!!! 😉😂😂
Errr, I think you're forgetting about Harry Kane's MBE? ;)

D

Deleted member 1418

Errr, I think you're forgetting about Harry Kane's MBE? ;)

The bloody office messenger where I work has got one of those!!! So Harry Kane is on a par with a 60 year old grandmother!!! 😂😂

Last edited by a moderator:

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Can’t wait to have a dump in it, H block style 😜😂😂💩

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Can’t see yernited coming off the top of this table, even if Ole is reportedly offloading around 6 players but then looking to spend big.

76D1EA94-2F69-4185-8D1F-DF3EAA3CDEBE.jpeg

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Can’t see yernited coming off the top of this table, even if Ole is reportedly offloading around 6 players but then looking to spend big.

View attachment 27006

If they get rid of Sanchez that’ll make a big difference. I’d imagine in relations to revenue they’ll still be below 50% alongside Spurs and Arsenal. Although that will depend on which 2/4 get the extra CL money.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If they get rid of Sanchez that’ll make a big difference. I’d imagine in relations to revenue they’ll still be below 50% alongside Spurs and Arsenal. Although that will depend on which 2/4 get the extra CL money.
Pogba must be on a total figure, not just headline, close to Sanchez. Lukaku would not have gone for that fee to only get peanuts, De Gea is holding out, rightly, for Sanchez money. Utd's wage bill will not be solved by only moving on Sanchez. Those are only the ones that spring to mind. Obviously, there will likely be other whoppers on there and that bill will only go up if they fail to get CL as they have to offer more to attract players. Saying all of that, Utd generate a lot of money so they can probably cover it all. Whether it offers value for money is another matter though.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Pogba must be on a total figure, not just headline, close to Sanchez. Lukaku would not have gone for that fee to only get peanuts, De Gea is holding out, rightly, for Sanchez money. Utd's wage bill will not be solved by only moving on Sanchez. Those are only the ones that spring to mind. Obviously, there will likely be other whoppers on there and that bill will only go up if they fail to get CL as they have to offer more to attract players. Saying all of that, Utd generate a lot of money so they can probably cover it all. Whether it offers value for money is another matter though.

I don’t think the ones you mentioned will currently be close to Sanchez. 300k for pogba maybe. De Gea May cost em that again but keepers rarely command the same money. Lukaku I reckon closer to 200k. I’m not saying Sanchez sorts it all. But if they’re going for the 4 English’s players recently mentioned. They could probably cover all their wages for the 500k they get rid of.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So its been reported that Premier League clubs paid agents fees of £260m!!!! in the 12 mths to end of Jan 19, an utterly disgusting amount of money! Long overdue that some rules are brought in to restrict the amount these parasites are being paid!!!

Those over 10m:
Liverpool 44m
Chelsea 27m
Man City 24m
Man Utd 21m
Everton 19m
West Ham 14m
Leicester 12m
Arsenal 11m
Spurs 11m
Watford 11m
Bournemouth 10m

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So its been reported that Premier League clubs paid agents fees of £260m!!!! in the 12 mths to end of Jan 19, an utterly disgusting amount of money! Long overdue that some rules are brought in to restrict the amount these parasites are being paid!!!

Those over 10m:
Liverpool 44m
Chelsea 27m
Man City 24m
Man Utd 21m
Everton 19m
West Ham 14m
Leicester 12m
Arsenal 11m
Spurs 11m
Watford 11m
Bournemouth 10m