And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
D

Deleted member 16999

While the PL is awash with cash, it's sad to see a former PL side in such a mess https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47787062 and shows just how it can go wrong when owners seem hellbent on ruining a club (of course not the first and Oyston and Blackpool another example). It isn't just league sides https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47789283 and it'll be a shame for Gateshead who are close to a play off spot and running on a squad of 16
Always 2 sides to a story.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/a-note-from-the-chairman/

D

Deleted member 16999

Granted, but the situation Bolton find themselves in hasn't happened overnight and it'll be interesting to see if everyone not paid gets the cash tomorrow
You accussed him of being hell bent on ruining the club!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You accussed him of being hell bent on ruining the club!
And I mentioned Oyston too. I am merely saying its a shame Bolton are in such a mess after being a PL side not too long ago. It was only highlighting their issue and that of Gateshead and you seemed intent on proving my comments hugely inaccurate. I don't know the ins and outs at Bolton and whether the chairman is "hell bent" on running the club down but they have been facing insolvency on a number of occasions so someone somewhere hasn't been looking after their interests well. I just thought it was an interesting story, more so the Gateshead one comparing fortunes of the smaller clubs against the cash riddled PL sides. Im out

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

That won't be popular with BW fans lol, I work in Bolton quite often and I can assure you the fans are not happy with the owner.
It's absolute chaos from what I've heard, no one paid for weeks, that's not just the players, it's normal people like you and me who have (or used to have in your case ;)) normal everyday jobs with families to feed. I really hope they do pull through it as it's a cracking town with a cracking stadium.

D

Deleted member 16999

And I mentioned Oyston too. I am merely saying its a shame Bolton are in such a mess after being a PL side not too long ago. It was only highlighting their issue and that of Gateshead and you seemed intent on proving my comments hugely inaccurate. I don't know the ins and outs at Bolton and whether the chairman is "hell bent" on running the club down but they have been facing insolvency on a number of occasions so someone somewhere hasn't been looking after their interests well. I just thought it was an interesting story, more so the Gateshead one comparing fortunes of the smaller clubs against the cash riddled PL sides. Im out
Wow, what an over-reaction, you made the hell bent statement in the same paragraph as Bolton and started a new one on Gateshead. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 16999

That won't be popular with BW fans lol, I work in Bolton quite often and I can assure you the fans are not happy with the owner.
It's absolute chaos from what I've heard, no one paid for weeks, that's not just the players, it's normal people like you and me who have (or used to have in your case ;)) normal everyday jobs with families to feed. I really hope they do pull through it as it's a cracking town with a cracking stadium.
I know mate, I have a buddy who’s still serving and a Bolton fan, we were discussing the situation a couple of weeks back.
I was simply pointing out the drama and people only giving one side out.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does the Bolton issue not go back to the PL era. They had huge debt but a wealthy owner who could balance it out with TV payments. Dropping divisions killed them as they had massive debt, big wage bill but the income stream dropped like a stone.

Gateshead, I do have some knowledge there. They have been making a loss for a number of years. Owners covered it for a period but successive failures to get promoted meant that could not carry on. They sold to people who quickly discovered they could not cover the wages, the current people have decided the same and are cutting their cloth accordingly. Gateshead have been living beyond their means for years. I don't know the current owners but I suspect they are simply trying to get the club to break even and not go bust. Going part time was likely essential. I know what players were being paid there only 2-3 yrs ago and it would horrify you.