And, we’re off.......2018/2019

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I despair, my avatar speaks volumes.

We may only be 3 points off 4th place, but with all that possession and missed chances, if we can't put the ball in the net with that starting 11, then Sarri really needs to change his views towards CHO who needs to start as he's a winner IMO and I think starting him is the answer, that goes for Willian also and Emerson.

Sarri is blinkered and stubborn, I can't fathom him out!

I think we need to win the Europa to get CL next season, without a clinical finisher and service to Hazard & Higuian from players like Willain & CHO not starting, 4th place looks a lot further than the 3 points it is!

pretty sure you have a tougher run in than us and possibly the others too. You have to go to Liverpool and Man U plus have a few London derbies left?

4th place will be last one standing i think!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
pretty sure you have a tougher run in than us and possibly the others too. You have to go to Liverpool and Man U plus have a few London derbies left?

4th place will be last one standing i think!

To take a line from Sawtooth, ‘there’s no easy games’, BUT, when the opposition is belly up the whole of the 1st half and your dominating to the degree we were and still can’t stick it away, then there’s nobody I can look at and say, that’s a 3 point banker😟

Emerson should start ahead of Alonso.

William should start ahead of Pedro.

Cho should start ahead of Barkley or anyone else.

I’d like to see Christianson start more also.

I’d like to see Ampadu get more minutes.

We have a decent squad, but key players that need to start that can provide a better service to the front men will leave in the summer and we’ll be left with the dross that’s failing now and stubborn Sarri keeps selecting.

Oh and ffs get Kante back in his rightful position.

All the pieces are there!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To take a line from Sawtooth, ‘there’s no easy games’, BUT, when the opposition is belly up the whole of the 1st half and your dominating to the degree we were and still can’t stick it away, then there’s nobody I can look at and say, that’s a 3 point banker😟

Emerson should start ahead of Alonso.

William should start ahead of Pedro.

Cho should start ahead of Barkley or anyone else.

I’d like to see Christianson start more also.

I’d like to see Ampadu get more minutes.

We have a decent squad, but key players that need to start that can provide a better service to the front men will leave in the summer and we’ll be left with the dross that’s failing now and stubborn Sarri keeps selecting.

Oh and ffs get Kante back in his rightful position.

All the pieces are there!

Interestingly the last couple of game weve picked what I think is our best line up or close to it, am optimistic we'll stick with it wouldnt be shocked to see rotation again. Were definitely a better side with 2 up top and Ramsey in the side thats for sure!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wasn't the nightmare I thought it could be considering how much ball Liverpool had. As a former keeper I couldn't believe the Millwall keeper. What was he doing. Catch it or punch it. Just do something. Bet he won't walk around Bermondsey anytime soon. Didn't see the whole match so was it just poor game management from Millwall

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought the Everton pen was a stonewall.
In slow mo they clash feet but then Alonso raises his foot As Richarlason goes down.
Posh poor pen though, never understand why the strikers don’t take the pens after all they are there for their finishing quality.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well, erm, it is.

Unless you've seen any rescinded after consulting public opinion?

:rolleyes:

Definition of forum in English:
forum

NOUN

• 1A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    ‘we hope these pages act as a forum for debate’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 1.1 A website or web page where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well, erm, it is.

Unless you've seen any rescinded after consulting public opinion?
It’s a forum for goodness sake - this and many others are the places to talk about these incidents and debate whether the ref got it right or not in people’s opinions- people aren’t discussing it so that the ref suddenly changes his mind !! Christ alive - what do you expect people to talk about on a football thread if they can’t talk about referee decisions that may or may not affect the outcome of the game

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We are in Bilbao at present. Saw the Bilbao fans out 7 hours before the start of the match yesterday. Unbelievable atmosphere with 80% seemed to be wearing their colours.

Saw Betis v Barca tonight. Suarez gave a great flick for 2nd goal, missed a sitter and then 3 mins. later scored an absolute scorcher.

Watching Barca tonight I would be a tad worried if a Man. U fan. Could be wrong but hey just seem a different class.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You’ve just agreed that he made a meal of it. That is simulation. Cheating.

To make something appear worse than it was. Cheating.

To exaggerate the contact. Cheating.

I think you are the one making yourself look stupid on this Stu.
I think you're a bit confused. Cheating would be to throw yourself to the ground under no contact. If there was contact and he was fouled, then all he's doing is highlighting it to the referee. There's no prizes for battling to stay on your feet only for the ref to miss the incident altogether.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you're a bit confused. Cheating would be to throw yourself to the ground under no contact. If there was contact and he was fouled, then all he's doing is highlighting it to the referee. There's no prizes for battling to stay on your feet only for the ref to miss the incident altogether.

Crikey... That would be a bit of a revolution... Players 'battling' to stay on their feet...

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

No but there is a prize for over reacting. Contact in itself is not necessarily a foul so making it look worse is cheating.

Sounds like many of you get conned like the referees lol.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No but there is a prize for over reacting. Contact in itself is not necessarily a foul so making it look worse is cheating.

Sounds like many of you get conned like the referees lol.
I haven't seen this Mane incident, I was just making a general point that going down when there is contact is absolutely not 'cheating', far from it. Contact that impedes your progress or ability to play the ball is a foul (if they've not got the ball themselves of course).

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:rolleyes:

Definition of forum in English:
forum

NOUN

• 1A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    ‘we hope these pages act as a forum for debate’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 1.1 A website or web page where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings.

Excellent googling Paul, you're missing the point though.

Talk about it all you want, your opinion doesn't matter and won't change anything.

Google pointless...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Excellent googling Paul, you're missing the point though.

Talk about it all you want, your opinion doesn't matter and won't change anything.

Google pointless...
Might as well delete this forum altogether then in that case. Since nothing we discuss matters or changes anything. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to wonder why you even signed up here actually? 2334 posts from you, none of which mattered or changed anything.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Appreciate this thread is intended for matters relating to the Prem...

But, if you want to view some very puzzling reffing...
Seek out what happened at the Kassam over the weekend...
Fairly certain a disgruntled Bantam fan would have posted some footage or a link...

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Might as well delete this forum altogether then in that case. Since nothing we discuss matters or changes anything. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to wonder why you even signed up here actually? 2334 posts from you, none of which mattered or changed anything.

I can explain that, he is from Manchester. We don't listen 😁

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Appreciate this thread is intended for matters relating to the Prem...

But, if you want to view some very puzzling reffing...
Seek out what happened at the Kassam over the weekend...
Fairly certain a disgruntled Bantam fan would have posted some footage or a link...
Seems very bizarre. Bradford denied a pen, Oxford go up the other end and score. Ref then decides to rule it out and go back for the pen - but then changes his mind again and gives the goal anyway! He's made himself look a bit of a tit really.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
For those that like a good Derby game. Keep your scousers and Manc Derbys. North London, who are you.

Tonight is the Biggie, Mansfield v Lincoln. Stags Chairmans Missis is getting her tits, lips and hips done for this one. Cameras are gonna be there and it's live on Sky.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssss.